PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcel Reece Released by Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somehow I have the feeling that the guy I saw in the highlight film and BB described is no longer the same guy. Tell me, is Oakland so rich in offensive talent that they can simply release the match up nightmare that BB described above. I don't think so.

He did have impressive acceleration, he blew past guys and not just the ones running laterally but those running downfield direction too. Elevation was good too, lambeau leaped and cleared the wall with his butt / at appx 3:20 he was way over shoulders of the DB.

But selective " old" ? Highlights.?? We'll see, in BBWT

He did have impressive acceleration, he blew past guys and not just the ones running laterally but those running downfield direction too. Elevation was good too, lambeau leaped and cleared the wall with his butt / at appx 3:20 he was way over shoulders of the DB.

But selective " old" ? Highlights.?? We'll see, in BBWT
That's correct. Even bad teams don't release guys who can still do what we saw in that highlight film.

But here is another problem. Who goes? We already have 2 hard cuts to make on Monday, then two more in the future with Volmer and Lewis. This team has great chemistry now. It is going to be very tough to move 4 of those guys off the roster, 5 will be even tougher.

I think the closest Reece is going to get to the Pats is to the "shadow roster".

A few guys who might be on the bubble to make room are Harbor, DJ Foster, McClellin (although he did show up in spots against Houston). Cyrus Jones might get a mysterious injury and get stashed to IR any day now as he has been really struggling with his opportunities.

A few guys who might be on the bubble to make room are Harbor, DJ Foster, McClellin (although he did show up in spots against Houston). Cyrus Jones might get a mysterious injury and get stashed to IR any day now as he has been really struggling with his opportunities.

Huh?

Jones was excellent in slot coverage vs HOU. Kicks I agree with.

Shea and Jones are safe.

I hope Harbor and Foster are renting.

Cyrus Jones was promoted to #3 corner. He is the only corner besides butler and Ryan who played.
Let's hope he doesn't suffer an injury and have to go on IR because he is basically a starter now.

Replace the crap-tastic Brandon King with Marcel Reece. Bam. Done.

King is a very good to great special teams player.
Reese would take Fosters or Harbors roster spot

Again with the saying good players are bad.
Yeah, apparently Belichick talking about the importance of special teams for what, 30 years, isn't enough to get the message across for some.

Replace the crap-tastic Brandon King with Marcel Reece. Bam. Done.

King is a very good to great special teams player.
Reese would take Fosters or Harbors roster spot

Yeah, apparently Belichick talking about the importance of special teams for what, 30 years, isn't enough to get the message across for some.

Of the 6 core ST guys (Slater, JJ, Mingo, Ebner, Bolden) King looked the least productive. Could be the impact of JJ and Mingo, could be his assignment changed ..

Then there's Rowe who could be the new impactful STer and Reece also - so to think King is untouchable would be a little exaggerated.

Brandon King is not a good player, at all.
Hes a solid STer.

The fact that he isn't seeing time in the defense makes his situation a little tenuous.

Of the 6 core ST guys (Slater, JJ, Mingo, Ebner, Bolden) King looked the least productive. Could be the impact of JJ and Mingo, could be his assignment changed ..

Then there's Rowe who could be the new impactful STer and Reece also - so to think King is untouchable would be a little exaggerated.
Agreed he's not untouchable. Took issue with crap-tastic. Good word though.

Apparently, Marcel Reece was brought in for a tryout on Friday...so we know the Patriots have SOME interest in him

Develin's spot is safe, but we need addition in the running game, I'm ok bringing him in.

I really would like to see us have a reliable running game this season...especially in November, December, and heading into the playoffs....so far, through three weeks, our running game has been great. And if Marcel can help sustain that, then by all means, SIGN THE BEAST!!!!

Last edited:
Marcel Reese will be placed on speed dial. The Pats are going to wait till after the game. Its going to be a hard hitting game and something always happen. I think Clay Harbor is a goner.....possible one other placed on IR. That will free up two spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News