PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcel Reece Released by Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, man. You're better than that. Do you have any idea how many face palms that deserves?
I sometimes wonder if he realizes he's watching football...

Interesting. 3 interior lineman, a TE and a FB who can play TE and run a little.

Interesting with Reese in 2015 he played a bunch on ST and then basically stopped.

To make room for Josh "let me know when your out of rehab" Gordon.
Different team, Joe. The Raiders released Reece, whereas Gordon has been Cleveland's headache.

I love Captain Stone's postings. I think he offers a sobering tone that's all too rare around here.

tumblr_nix1zijzAR1qedb29o1_r1_500.gif

"Hey, how the hell do you think I made it through 3 Kaepernick threads?!?!"

Last edited:
Different team, Joe. The Raiders released Reece, whereas Gordon has been Cleveland's headache.
You know I wonder just how much a headache he really was. As far as I know he was coachable, a good team mate, etc. His only problem what that the kid didn't know how to put down the damned bong. And for that he's being treated by the league as public enemy #1. Iwell actually #3 after TB and BB) So not only can't he have a joint, which most players do after they pass the one an only yearly test. he can't have a beer either. Once you fall into the program, they got you and you have to live the perfect life because they can come for your urine at any time.

This is not necessarily to defend his actions or lack thereof, but rather to point out the draconian and very selective enforcement of rules that are bad to begin with.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Harbor swapped out for Reece. Reece is essentially a TE that lines up at FB and would certainly be an upgrade over Clay.

Then again, there's the whole Brady/Nink return thing, so I have no clue who's staying and going.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Harbor swapped out for Reece. Reece is essentially a TE that lines up at FB and would certainly be an upgrade over Clay.

Then again, there's the whole Brady/Nink return thing, so I have no clue who's staying and going.
Right. I actually happen to think Reece is a bit more valuable/ versatile than Harbor.

Was thinking the same thing. If Reece is in good form he could be a serious upgrade on Harbor.
Harbor had only 3 offensive snaps the last game (down from 22 vs MIA) and 15 on ST. No receptions in 2 games he played. Was not a key blocker. And Gronk was only stretching the legs that game ..

Id like to see Develin and Reece both line up in certain situations ..
_

From Reiss:
In 2014, prior to a Patriots game against the Raiders, Belichick referred to Reece as a "matchup player."
“You put a big guy on him, he’s probably going to have a hard time matching up with Reece’s speed and quickness,” Belichick said at the time. “Put a smaller guy on him, he might match up with his speed and quickness, but it would be hard to match up with his size. I’d say that’s a dilemma. Who do you have that has the same skill set as Reece?"

By the beginning of next week both Harbor and Derby could be gone.
Versatility and battling all over the field wins in the big league.

The blocking/fighting of our WRs was one of the most amazing things to me this year.
_

Watching the HL - if Reece is ok physically we will have 3 new additions on Monday ..
_

BTW - it is just amazing how through the first part of the season BB can improve even a team of great quality and depth. Amazing .. and exciting, beautiful to watch.

Last edited:
Somehow I have the feeling that the guy I saw in the highlight film and BB described is no longer the same guy. Tell me, is Oakland so rich in offensive talent that they can simply release the match up nightmare that BB described above. I don't think so.

Somehow I have the feeling that the guy I saw in the highlight film and BB described is no longer the same guy. Tell me, is Oakland so rich in offensive talent that they can simply release the match up nightmare that BB described above. I don't think so.

We're talking about the same idiots who traded us Randy Moss for a 4th round pick.

Belichick sees possibilities that others can't. That's why he is who he is.

This thread is getting me excited. I swear if I see him in a Pats uniform I might just have to contact my doctor for one of those four hour deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe