PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning leaving got me thinking: will Pats go through same with Brady in a few years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine I am in the minority, but I think he will retire here. I think he will take another contract when this one is up at around a fair value in pursuit of history. The only basis I have for this thinking is rewatching "The Brady 8" a couple of weeks ago. As the end of the day, he is very appreciative of getting drafted at all, and I think he'll repay that by not trying to break the NE bank towards the tail end of his career.

I don't agree about another contract - I think this is it for Brady. But you are right about the contractual piece. Brady got his money but did not break the bank the way Manning did with his deal.

Those two idiots were up there blubbering yesterday about the Colts on TV when the bottom line is that Manning would not restructure his deal to stay in Indianapolis, and Irsay wouldn't structure the staff to meet Manning half way. Both guys are culpable for that mess.

Manning is a me-first guy with the money and the offense. Don't forget that.

Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and Bob Kraft do not operate that way. Like the quote says, "We're building a team, not accumulating talent." Brady has adapted his style of play to the team around him, and the Patriots front office dumped guys who didn't get it or who poisoned the well.

You won't see the mess unfold like we did the last few months in Indianapolis. The major issue is whether Tom Brady will recognize when it is time to go. When his skills diminish, Belichick and Kraft will cut him loose, but can be counted on to do so after some grown-up business conversations. It's impossible to know how that will play out.

Last edited:
September 2015...pencil it in...the Mallett era begins.

For the love of god and everything that is holy can we just enjoy what we have.

Of course Brady is going to move along eventually.

Can we just enjoy him now. As our coach always says, stay in the moment.

Let's do that.

not to be a downer but if we want brady to retire a patriot we need to get him a running game and D
he wont be able to carry this team near the end of his career

I think it's important to remember that, if the #1 pick doesn't happen to fall into Indy's lap in draft where Andrew Luck happens to be available, Manning is still a Colt today. There's a reason why they signed him to that contract last year.

I certainly wouldn't look at everything that's going on with Manning as a sign of what's to come with Brady. Mostly because our FO is competent, and also because Manning's injury situation is somewhat unique.

In 2015, BB will trade down to the 199th pick to select a QB and we'll call him a damn fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft