PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manish Mehta takes Revis apart and uses the Patriots to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
That must be why has 16 TDs and 1 interception, he's just throwing to Edelman all day.
More like only 8 receptions on 17 targets for 77 yds and only 13 pts in 3 qtrs against a bad San Fran team.

Starting in 2007 Brady starting developing some bad favorite binky habits and that problem continues today. 17 throws to Julien Edelman against San Fran is just the latest example.

The 49ers game was an anomaly. Both Brady and Edelman grew up in the Bay Area. The high number of targets to Edelman were for the huge number of friends and family on hand.

There will be much more balance this week.

Last edited:
Love a good Jets bashing article but Mehta can drink the stuff under the sink for all I care. He was King douche during deflategate, and I haven't forgotten

Love a good Jets bashing article but Mehta can drink the stuff under the sink for all I care. He was King douche during deflategate, and I haven't forgotten

And now he's trying to act like Deflategate was always stupid in his eyes.

More like only 8 receptions on 17 targets for 77 yds and only 13 pts in 3 qtrs against a bad San Fran team.

2 touchdowns out of 16, he's hardly fixated on him, that's just stupid.

So Brady liked the match up, that proves nothing, you can't make the case based upon Brady's season.

So Brady liked the match up, that proves nothing, you can't make the case based upon Brady's season.
Anyone who watched the game could see that Brady was forcing the ball to Edelman. In fact the announcers mentioned it during the game and how other guys were open when Brady was forcing it to a covered Jules.
This is what happens with him when one of his binky's (Gronk) is out. There is a reason they have not been able to develop a outside threat in years and it ain't always on the receivers they bring in.

Anyone who watched the game could see that Brady was forcing the ball to Edelman. In fact the announcers mentioned it during the game and how other guys were open when Brady was forcing it to a covered Jules.
This is what happens with him when one of his binky's (Gronk) is out. There is a reason they have not been able to develop a outside threat in years and it ain't always on the receivers they bring in.

Go ahead and try to make the case based upon the season, you can't. Bennett, Gronk, Edelman, Hogan, White, and even Amendola have all had big games this season and that shows that he is not fixated on Edelman, and you cannot make any argument at all that's been the case this season.

Of course he forced it. The question is WHY, which has been explained to you.

I'd love to know who said that.

It could have been anyone who played with Revis that year. He never intended on staying here. I honestly don't think he even cared about whether they won it that year or not. He just wanted to play under the bright lights in Foxboro before he hit free agency so he could get as much money as he possibly could in his last deal.

The one year rental worked out for both sides although just barely for the Pats. I think his contribution towards the end of the season and in the playsoffs was way overrated and he actually became a liability towards the end. He almost cost them the Baltimore game IMHO.

You rarely hear Patriots players throw one another under the bus like this. It would seem to me that he just didnt fit in here because he doesn't care about winning. I said this the day he left and I'll keep saying it, one of the best personnel moves Bill has ever made, is recognizing this guy for what he is and not resigning him.

If I had to guess which player, that wasn't around when Revis was here, I'd say Marty. One that was here, Edelman.

You're describing the Tom Brady pre-2007. That Tom Brady's favorite receiver was the open receiver.
Starting in 2007 Brady starting developing some bad favorite binky habits and that problem continues today. 17 throws to Julien Edelman against San Fran is just the latest example.

Not exactly true although there is difference in distribution from 2000-2015 but he has always had a favorite receiver.

Troy Brown, Wes Welker and Edelman have all been his binkies.

Brady usually targets his two top or favorite receivers about 46 percent of the time during his career. This year it has been about 42% (although those numbers are skewed because of the 4 game thing.) Highest year was 2000 at 54% and lowest was 2003 at 33%. Injuries play a part in those numbers as well.

Brady usually distributes about 75-90 percent of his passes across 6 receivers(incl TE, RB).

Brady distribution based on Targets throughout career:

Note: "This Year" numbers are skewed because they include the first 4 games.

Percentage to the Top receiver: Career Average 26%
Highest - 2010 - Wes Welker - 34% (2nd Highest - 2001 - Troy Brown - 31%)
Lowest - 2003 - Deion Branch - 20%
This year -Edelman -28%

Percentage to the Two Top Receivers: Career Average 46%
Highest - 2000 - Troy Brown/Terry Glenn - 54%
Lowest - 2003 - Branch/Faulk - 33%
This year - Edelman/Bennett - 43%

Percentage to the 3rd and 4th receivers: Career Average 24%
Highest - 2014 - LaFell/Vereen - 34%
Lowest - 2001 - Faulk/Edwards - 16%
This year - White/Gronkowski - 28%

He has always had a "Binky Habit".

Last edited:
The whole "Brady despises the Jets" stuff is just indicative of the pathetic New York mindset that everybody has to have strong feelings about them.

I honestly don't think Brady really cares about the jets one way or the other. Any more than Buffalo or Miami.

The real under reported story of deflategate is that the Refs manipulated the PSI in the footballs to hurt the Patriots when they played the Jets.

The whole "Brady despises the Jets" stuff is just indicative of the pathetic New York mindset that everybody has to have strong feelings about them.

I honestly don't think Brady really cares about the jets one way or the other. Any more than Buffalo or Miami.

Disagree
Brady has slipped from his vanilla persona a couple times over the seasons to express a strong distaste for the despicable Jets

Disagree
Brady has slipped from his vanilla persona a couple times over the seasons to express a strong distaste for the despicable Jets

For the REX RYAN Jets (Rex, Bart Scott,Revis, Antonio Daddy, etc.).

He plays against people, not laundry. He isn't a fanboy like us.

The Todd Bowles Jets don't seem to elicit strong personal feelings from him, except Revis, evidently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes