PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mallett a candidate for strength & conditioning coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
That spear throwing fulcrum stick is called an Atlatl I believe :D

(Information compliments of BT's warehouse of worthless knowledge):bricks:

He does look thin. He's listed as 257 lbs, but I always questioned that.

His weight is all over the place. Probably the hillybilly crack.

(I kid, I kid-but his weight isn't consistent and he's such a broad shouldered long armed dude that I doubt they'll want him to get anywhere close to as muscular as he could be-I'll bet they have him play at about 245.)

It's more long than strong. Sorta like the throwing stick invented by my distant physicist ancestors. Think of the physics.

All Mallett hammering aside, were he to absorb Brady's mentor Martinez's overhead throwing techniques, he'd be able to throw further or better yet with improved accuracy.

Speaking of overhead throwing, I came across this pic of Joe Webb, who I totally wish we drafted as a WR, throwing the ball. Apparently his arm strength is amazing, and he has probably the most vertical release I've ever seen, I think there just might be a connection between the two.

Attachments

• 812266.jpg
    812266.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
it is too bad this happening did not occur 2-3 years later rather than this past draft:( he would have been TFB's successor if that were the case

it is too bad this happening did not occur 2-3 years later rather than this past draft:( he would have been TFB's successor if that were the case

Based on what? He hasn't taken an NFL snap yet and you'd say he would be TB's successor?

I think he could be an NFL QB but just HOW good is still up for debate.....Let's see him perform first ... Too many college QB's looked like they'd be stars in the NFL and then failed miserably for one reason or another....

just sayin ;)

He does look thin. He's listed as 257 lbs, but I always questioned that.

FWIW, immediately after the draft, Patriots.com listed him at 6'6", 238. NFL.com (and Patriots.com now) have him at 6'7", 253.

I'm sure it's just the crack smoking that's ruining his appetite. Once he's off crack and meth, he'll be fine.:D

Based on what? He hasn't taken an NFL snap yet and you'd say he would be TB's successor?

I think he could be an NFL QB but just HOW good is still up for debate.....Let's see him perform first ... Too many college QB's looked like they'd be stars in the NFL and then failed miserably for one reason or another....

just sayin ;)

If we keep him in NE and he behaves, I think he has great potential. Hopefully he stays humble and absorbs every tiny thing Tom throws at him. It'd be nice if when TB retires (hopefully not for another 5-8 years) we have Aaron Rodgers 2.0 sitting behind him. :)

FWIW, immediately after the draft, Patriots.com listed him at 6'6", 238. NFL.com (and Patriots.com now) have him at 6'7", 253.

Looking at him, he seems closer to 238. Let's hope the Pats weight program helps.

Brady is only 1 play away from a career ending injury, we might need Mallett sooner than we hope.

It's also possible that Mallett doesnt have what it takes to be an NFL QB.

There is also the possibility that we develop Mallett and then trade him to a QB desperate team and leverage those picks down the line, like BB is doing with the Seymour pick, and we draft Brady's heir several years from now after TFB wins a few more SBs (pray hard).

Ultimately I think the Mallett pick will go down as one of BBs best personnel moves.

When mallett first got here he was around 250...after he got his public intox he had to run bleachers every morning so he lost a lot of weight. Petrino wanted him playing at 238...its like he's big, but he's not big at the same time haha. Dont know what BB will have him playing at but it wont matter for a few years anyways

I was actually intrigued at how similar the arkansas and patriot offenses are after reading a story from that same writer but i guess that makes sense because BP was an NFL OC for so long

I don't see a problem with him getting up to Jared Lorenzen size if it helps him stay healthy. It's not like it's going to slow him down noticeably :lol2:

Jamarcus Mallet

I don't see a problem with him getting up to Jared Lorenzen size if it helps him stay healthy. It's not like it's going to slow him down noticeably :lol2:

Psh are you kidding me? with moves like these might as well call him ryan VICK :D

malletttd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe