PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

M. Harrison Does Not Practice - Downgraded to Doubtful

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more worried about Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne, than Marvin Harrison. Although he has good seasons, he is fading out as Manning's favorite target.

Disagree. A healthy Harrison was Manning's favorite target last year. He had 95 catches, his most since 2002.

As far as the injury, doubtful is pretty doubtful. You don't often see a guy go from doubtful to playing. It's pretty rare.

Plus, he didn't practice. I know Marvin could go into a coma for 6 months, wake up and still probably run every route in that offense flawlessly, but you'd still think they'd like him practicing if he were able.

Disagree. A healthy Harrison was Manning's favorite target last year. He had 95 catches, his most since 2002.
Additionally, no Harrison means it's a lot easier to deal with Clark. As we've found out this year, an offense is a symphony of moving parts - change one piece and it changes everything else.

I'd bet he plays.

The Colts should be worried that Richard Seymour ISN't on the injury list more than that Harrison is 'questionable'.

WELCOME TO THE NFL....

Tony Ugoh

Gonzalez will move to Harrison's slot, Wayne will stay in his spot and Clark will play the slot like last year. So Hobbs will still cover Wayne.

Gonzalez will move to Harrison's slot, Wayne will stay in his spot and Clark will play the slot like last year. So Hobbs will still cover Wayne.

What makes you say this? Did Gonzo start last week? Either way, the passing O went through Wayne. Expect the same with no Harrison.

But why would you think Wayne would draw Hobbs? I'd think BB would match up our best corner on their best WR for most of the game, regardless of where he is lining up.

Colts have 2 other very good tight ends other than Clark that have been thrown to more often this year. This presents even more tough match-up problems for the Pats. This development actually helps the Colts IMO. Gonzolez is a talented rookie as well and will be hard to handle.

Colts have 2 other very good tight ends other than Clark that have been thrown to more often this year. This presents even more tough match-up problems for the Pats. This development actually helps the Colts IMO. Gonzolez is a talented rookie as well and will be hard to handle.
Harrison is still a very good WR when you factor in how well he and Manning work together. There is NO WAY this can be spun as "good for the Colts".

There very well could be some gamesmanship going on on the part of St. Tony. They are hearing conflicting reports over on Indy Star and the team hasn't said anything either way. Wednesday Dungy said he thought he would play if he could practice on Thursday, and if he didn't he'd be doubtful. He didn't practice today, but they are listing that as team decision rather than knee. Strange. This is what Rotoworld has:

"NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Marvin Harrison (team decision) will be listed as doubtful for Week 9 against the Patriots.
Harrison missed practice again Thursday. It's odd that the Colts say he's being held out on a team decision, as he's known to be having troubles with his knee. If Harrison sits out on Sunday, Anthony Gonzalez will likely start in his place. With all the uncertainty and a tough matchup, we wouldn't wait for Marvin in a late afternoon game for fantasy purposes."

What makes you say this? Did Gonzo start last week? Either way, the passing O went through Wayne. Expect the same with no Harrison.

But why would you think Wayne would draw Hobbs? I'd think BB would match up our best corner on their best WR for most of the game, regardless of where he is lining up.

By moving Gonzo you're only moving one player to a spot he's less familiar with. So Wayne and Clark play where they're accustomed too. I'm not sure if they did this the other week Harrison was out.

Hobbs and Samuel are more comfortable on their normal sides so I don't think BB will switch them especially when you consider Harrison is only doubtful not out. They just give Hobbs more help then Samuel.

If he plays without being upgraded tomorrow, the whole league will take a dim view of this.

Polian has been complaining about the Patriots' injury reports for years, but how many times have probable players been out or doubtful players been in. I can't think of any off hand.

If Polian has given up his claim to the high ground over a trivial advantage like this, it was a serious miscalculation.

Then again, grabbing a Jets employee by the neck and pushing him into a wall was probably also a miscalculation, so it could happen.

That's F*cking classless.

Well BB has been doing this for years....so I guess if he plays in this game a fair amount....this will be called "gamesmanship". Brady is on the IR every week as probable for Rt shoulder........it is kind of laughable right now.....Either way, M. Harrison will not be at full strength/speed....and I think dungheap has to think very carefully as to whether he wants to jeapordize his health further by playing him in this game.......

Harrison is a HOF WR, but like a lot of older players injuries have finally caught up with him. He has 20 receptions with 1 TD this year. He is an irreplaceable player and his contributions are way down. With Wayne and Clark it is still a good passing game, but weaker than it used to be and easier to defend.

I said before in other posts that the mighty awesome Colts Offense is wearing down. If you simply look at points scored stats over a reasonable sample of half a season, it simply doesn't compare to the glory year of 49 TDs.

Back then Harrison was in his HOF prime rather than an old guy trying to recapture his youth while he breaks down with injuries. Harrison is as old a Troy Brown. Is Troy what he once was?

Wayne is in his prime but Stokely, their Wes Welker, is gone and Gonzalez is talented but still a rookie, nonetheless. TE Clark has matured into a threat but only when he can draw off coverage with Wayne and Harrison drawing the main interest. Last year we wanted TE Watson to be the third go to receiver, it didn't work all that well with Reche and Jabbar as the other two.

The Colts appear to have improved the front line of their secondary. At least while the starters are not dinged, as the depth has disappeared. There may be weaknesses in the nickle an dime packages. Their LBs are fast but not very good, and the DL is vastly undersized and still built to play down hill, with a big lead, when when the opposition is passing every down to try to play catchup.

The Cowboys, Redskins and Chargers are teams that we have played that all have superior Defenses, even as they possess other warts. Now the Cards and Bengals have better Offenses, not even to mention the Pats O.

Still home field is an great advantage to a good club; I still expect a comfortable victory margin.

I would not be surprised to see them hold a press conference( AKa...Isiah Thomas on crutches that year in the finals..) and then see him come out with the team and play. I would imagine that if he can play with decent health he will. If he does not, it could mean that the Colts are facing a potential problem with a key cog in the offense for a while. But, what do I know.

I think M.Harrison will play but will be no where 100%.The Colts
will probably use him as a decoy going deep but I doubt he can
do any cuts.

I think it's more likely he's not going to play and that is partly why St. Tony is playing down the importance of this game; and while he's largely right, we know he'd rather be in the dome in January than at Gillette.

Well BB has been doing this for years....so I guess if he plays in this game a fair amount....this will be called "gamesmanship". Brady is on the IR every week as probable for Rt shoulder........it is kind of laughable right now.....Either way, M. Harrison will not be at full strength/speed....and I think dungheap has to think very carefully as to whether he wants to jeapordize his health further by playing him in this game.......

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic with the classless comment.

Him being out hurts the Colts for sure, but they have the ability to make up for less offense through an improved defense.

They really haven't missed a beat this year and I respect how they have started out by going undefeated, they look better to me than the team we faced in the AFCCG IMO........................

I doubt the original post. Doubtful isn't a word that's supposed to be used until Friday's report.

Reiss's version of the injury report lists Marvin as "Team Decision". This is supposed to mean that he doesn't have an injury, the team just decided to keep him out of practice.

If so, we should EXPECT to see him on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe