PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

M. Faulk on NFL Network.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeds

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I was watching NFL Total Access last night and Marshall Faulk was the in-studio guest. The host (can't remember his name) asked Faulk, "other than Reggie Bush, what rookie running back will have the biggest impact?"

I thought, he we go, lets hear how great Maroney is going to be!

He said, "I see two running backs making huge impacts, LenDale White and DeAngelo Williams!"

The funny thing is that they were showing film of the two of them in camp and during preseason games and both looked horrible. They were getting stuffed repeatedly behind the line of scrimmage.

Peronally, I could care less at what these so called experts think. But, I think it's funny how Patriot players seem to get over looked year after year (Tom Brady being the exception)

Oh well, just wanted to chime in on a boring news days....

Last edited:
They also asked him about losing to the Pats in SB36. He went on about all of the "non-calls" by the officials as the reason the Rams lost. He sounded a bit like sour grapes......

deeds said:
I was watching NFL Total Access last night and Marshall Faulk was the in-studio guest. The host (can't remember his name) asked Faulk, "other than Reggie Bush, what rookie running back will have the biggest impact?"

I thought, he we go, lets hear how great Maroney is going to be!

He said, "I see two running backs making huge impacts, LenDale White and DeAngelo Williams!"

The funny thing is that they were showing film of the two of them in camp and during preseason games and both looked horrible. They were getting stuffed repeatedly behind the line of scrimmage.

Peronally, I could care less at what these so called experts think. But, I think it's funny how Patriot players seem to get over looked year after year (Tom Brady being the exception)

Oh well, just wanted to chime in on a boring news days....

I agree 100%...they love stabbing us. Then again we did ruin his day in SB 36.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this and was amazed as well. The best part was when they were showing "highlights" of DeAngelo Williams from last weeks preseason games and just about every carry was for a loss of 2-3 yards.

EDIT - Sorry, didn't see you had pointed out the same thing. It was great!

Last edited:
Pat the Pats Fan said:
They also asked him about losing to the Pats in SB36. He went on about all of the "non-calls" by the officials as the reason the Rams lost. He sounded a bit like sour grapes......

To be fair, Maroney is a Rams fan (he's from St. Louis) and has said the Rams got screwed by the refs in that SB. I wonder what Bruschi and the guys did to him because of those words. :D

one of the first times i have ever seen him on the show they asked Marshall who was going to win the Afc East. He said without a doubt the Miami Dolphins. He said it is "definite" i believe, with the addition of Culpepper.

You can just tell by the way he said it that he is still very very bitter. Oh well, learn how to take a hit Marshall and quit your *****ing.

So, it's only "preseason" if a Patriots player doesn't look great yet, right? How is Chad Jackson doing? "Don't worry, he'll be great." There, I responded for you. What if Maroney rushes 10 times for 18 yards this week against Arizona and Williams rushes for 55 yards? Does that now mean he's better than Maroney? You guys are funny.

Seymour93 said:
To be fair, Maroney is a Rams fan (he's from St. Louis) and has said the Rams got screwed by the refs in that SB. I wonder what Bruschi and the guys did to him because of those words. :D

No, it's only bad if Marshall Faulk said it. Maroney didn't really mean it because Belichick drafted him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never understood about the rams approach to that super bowl. To me it was clear that we were mugging faulk and latching on to their WR's past five yards. It was obvious that the officials weren't calling it. I don't understand why the rams didn't just start doing the same things to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News