PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks Like We're Coming For You . . .

Football4ever

Rookie
Reaction score
The Angels, that is. Scioscia apparently is more interested in resting players than in securing home field advantage or "peaking". And you guys have managed to hang on to the AL East.

This will be a tough series. In my opinion, anybody's pick.

I'm fairly certain, though, that the Angels will give your baseball team more of a challenge than the Chargers gave your football team! :cool:

Last edited:
FB4E

"I'm fairly certain, though, that the Angels will give your baseball team morof a challenge than the Chargers gave your football team!"

Thats not sssaying mmmuch. I just relized I could ssstutterrr online. :eek: :D

Last edited:
FB4E

"I'm fairly certain, though, that the Angels will give your baseball team morof a challenge than the Chargers gave your football team!"

Thats not sssaying mmmuch. I just relized I could ssstutterrr online. :eek: :D

No kidding :bricks:

Ya'll will deffinatly give us a challange, but I think we win it farely quick, because our lineup is back healthy, and they are gonna be producing runs like crazy:rocker:

Red Sox will destroy the Angels. Lackey sucks at Fenway and a game in Anaheim will have just as many Sox fans in it as Angels' fans.

Not only does Lackey suck at Fenway, everyone else in their rotation has sucked mightily in September. There is no starter LAA can put on the mound that I'm not confident Boston can beat.

And on the Boston side, Beckett owns a career 2.16ERA and 1.08WHIP against LAA, while Schilling has a respectable 3.67ERA and 1.11WHIP against them in his career. This has the makings of a very easy series for Boston.

Red Sox will destroy the Angels. Lackey sucks at Fenway and a game in Anaheim will have just as many Sox fans in it as Angels' fans.

Not a chance. In the OLD days (and I was there) we had tons of extremely obnoxious Sox fans.

Ever since we finally won a championship, the place is mobbed with Angels fans.

There will be Sox fans, of course, seeing as there are so many transplants out here -- but they will be a TINY minority.

This has the makings of a very easy series for Boston.

I hope your players think as foolishly as you do.

This series comes down to 3 players -- all Angels.

If Lackey and Escobar are on, it's over.

If Garret Anderson plays out of his mind like he has been, it's over.

This series comes down to 3 players -- all Angels.

If Lackey and Escobar are on, it's over.

If Garret Anderson plays out of his mind like he has been, it's over.
How is Garret Anderson a bigger factor than Ortiz, who leads Anderson in HR, RBI, BA, SLG and OBP this month?

And how is Lackey a bigger factor than Beckett, who leads Lackey in ERA, wins, and WHIP this month? In addition to the fact that Beckett is 1-0 with a 1.38ERA against LAA this year, while Lackey is 0-2 with a 8.38ERA against Boston this year.

And sure, if Escobar is on it will make it more difficult. But hes injured and hasn't been on since August.

How is Garret Anderson a bigger factor than Ortiz, who leads Anderson in HR, RBI, BA, SLG and OBP this month?

And how is Lackey a bigger factor than Beckett, who leads Lackey in ERA, wins, and WHIP this month? In addition to the fact that Beckett is 1-0 with a 1.38ERA against LAA this year, while Lackey is 0-2 with a 8.38ERA against Boston this year.

And sure, if Escobar is on it will make it more difficult. But hes injured and hasn't been on since August.

I'm not saying that Anderson is better than Ortiz. (Not even close).

Or that Lackey is better than Beckett. (Though in this case I like 'em both near the same).

Maybe I'll rephrase to try to make my point more clearly: We are DEAD if Lackey and Escobar don't pitch well. And as to Anderson -- when he's able to protect Vlad, this is a whole different team.

Maybe I'm just unaware of the Sox having one or two guys who are that critical to their success. . . if you clue me in I would be happy to watch the series with a little more foundation on what to look for from you guys, which always makes it more enjoyable.

BTW -- the one factor THIS SoCal team of mine has, that my other one does not (as an OC guy I'm Angels / Chargers) -- is a guy in charge who can also make a difference, in Scoscia.

Maybe I'll rephrase to try to make my point more clearly: We are DEAD if Lackey and Escobar don't pitch well. And as to Anderson -- when he's able to protect Vlad, this is a whole different team.
And that was my point in the first post; if Lackey pitches like he always does against Boston, and Escobar pitches like hes pitched in September, than this shouldn't be that difficult a series for Boston.

Maybe I'm just unaware of the Sox having one or two guys who are that critical to their success. . . if you clue me in I would be happy to watch the series with a little more foundation on what to look for from you guys, which always makes it more enjoyable.
Other than Beckett, Ortiz and Schilling, I don't believe any other one player will cripple the team if they have a bad series. Ortiz, Lowell, Drew and Ellsbury have each had fantastic months, and Manny has had a great two games since coming back from injury. Pedroia is in a little slump, but hopefully has busted out of it going 3-5 with 4 runs yesterday. The fact that right now most of the lineup is doing so well, no one person (other than Ortiz) is vital to the offenses success. Papelbon has been great, Timlin and Delcarmen have been solid, and after a 2 week layoff hopefully a revitalized Okajima will make the pen dominant again.

I'm not saying that this series will be a cake walk for Boston -- no playoff series ever is -- but considering how well they are playing right now, and how poor the pitching has been for LAA the past month, history (both recent and long term) is heavily in Bostons favor.

Last edited:
Boston owns the Angels, whereas the Yankees get owned by them. Boston will win this series 3-1. Avoiding Sabathia and Carmona is the easier route.

Boston owns the Angels, whereas the Yankees get owned by them. Boston will win this series 3-1. Avoiding Sabathia and Carmona is the easier route.

True 'nuf that we own the Yankees.

As to 3-1, we'll see.

Care to place a wager?

It's official.

Good job in the East.

Now's when the REAL fun begins!

Go Angels!

True 'nuf that we own the Yankees.

As to 3-1, we'll see.

Care to place a wager?

I don't gamble, but sure. I'll post an I was wrong if you win, how's that sound? :D

Seriously, I'd be surprised if the Angels win this series. I'm not saying they can't, but the RedSox do to the Angels what the Angels do to the Yankees. I know this as I am a Yankee fan living in Boston. The Sox hit Lackey good, Escobar has had a brutal September, and the Angels pen is in disarray. Shields gets lit up in Fenway.

Sure -- an official crow-eating post by the loser should suffice.:cool:

The Angels, that is. Scioscia apparently is more interested in resting players than in securing home field advantage or "peaking". And you guys have managed to hang on to the AL East.

This will be a tough series. In my opinion, anybody's pick.

I'm fairly certain, though, that the Angels will give your baseball team more of a challenge than the Chargers gave your football team! :cool:

Yeah, that was tough. :rofl:

Will we ever see these posters again? Kind of like when Pink Floyd is getting the operator to call back, hello, hello.

well that series didn't take 2 long

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back