PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions @ Seahawks Playoff Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stafford looked like he was victimized by a terrible, an horrific game plan.

Falcons D isn't amazing but they will not make it this easy on SEA. Matty Ice just needs to play within himself and not choke

Agreed. It's a bit unfair to put the whole game on one guy but this game is, IMHO, ATL's if MR plays just satisfactory. Not to say SEA blows, and they did play good against DET, but SEA just has not shown much to suggest they are potent (like they were in previous years). ATL's offense is so potent that MR will need to choke for ATL to not be in good position by the end of the upcoming matchup.
Over the last two months, except for their win against the Patriots (to be fair not an easy feat), SEA hasn't had a solid win against a good team and often struggled against mediocre. The only item that suggests SEA is "back" is their win tonight and their general PO experience. But a playoff win against the Caldwell led Lions isn't exactly making it through BUD/S training.

Stafford looked like he was victimized by a terrible, an horrific game plan.

And blind refs. Detroit might have actually made a game of things if they hadn't been hosed by the refs.

Seahawks vs falcons will be good. We will see if the falcons are the real deal. Have a good offense but i have question about that defense.

I think you're spot on PP.
In a way this game is perfect for ATL to show they are 'for real'. For the 2016 PO's SEA's name is greater than, IMHO, their current ability to win. But SEA is PO experienced and certainly not incapable.
Bottom line: a #2 seed, that scored 100 points more than any other NFL team, at home, should be able to beat SEA over a 4 quarter span. If they can't then the lack of respect ATL has received was justified.
Either this is the game that the MR led Falcons arrive on the scene or they are the same MR led Falcons: sometimes good enough to qualify for the POs but not good enough to be any threat to the actual SB contenders.

WJKR...666 on your unbasic cable package

I think I watched that station. It was really good except way too many friggin commercials for Old Milwaukee, some guy getting his head spray painted, and an old lady repeatedly yelling "Where's the Beef".

right now on Channel 100 Cox cable...Myth Busters...in 5 minutes they'll do a half hour on the Deflategate myth...can't miss TV for hardcore Pats fans

right now on Channel 100 Cox cable...Myth Busters...in 5 minutes they'll do a half hour on the Deflategate myth...can't miss TV for hardcore Pats fans

I just turned on Mythbusters. It showed a dummy strapped to a chair that is getting blasted into the air. Is the dummy supposed to represent Goodell?

Giants are officially on most hated list joining Indy, balt and jests. The sliminess of Mara. Those jealous NY bastards pushed goodell both in crygate and defamegate to screw the Pats. They suck. I have no respect for that scumbag franchise

I hate them more than any of the other mentioned franchises.

**** the Giants.

Seahawks receivers are either really good or really lucky. Never seen so many circus catches from one team

Watched the condensed version of the game. Did anyone understand why the Lions stayed in nickel even though they just couldn't stop the run ?

Wouldn't it be better at some point to go base, stop the bleeding on running plays and see what you have against the pass ?

These games were the two games I was least interested in, by far. Tomorrow's games should, hopefully... Be more interesting.

Watched the condensed version of the game. Did anyone understand why the Lions stayed in nickel even though they just couldn't stop the run ?

Wouldn't it be better at some point to go base, stop the bleeding on running plays and see what you have against the pass ?

It's the lions...

And blind refs. Detroit might have actually made a game of things if they hadn't been hosed by the refs.
Two years ago against Dallas in the same round they took a horrible porking from the officials, too. I was in Florida watching with 2 friends from Michigan who are life-long Lions fans. They were so sort of "oh well, that's just the Lions" while I told them how freaking wild I'd be if that happened to the Pats (I still remember the Raiders in '78 as if it were last night.) They both said that bad things, either self-inflicted or otherwise, are just expected when it comes to the Lions.

The lions were a bad team this season that needed miracle 4th quarter comebacks against other equally bad teams this year

I can't figure out if Rawls is the real deal or not. He kicked ass last year before he got hurt. This year has been mixed but he's coming back from a broken leg.

Looks good to me but...

Some games he looks like Beast Mode

Some he looks like Brandon Bolden

I can't figure out if Rawls is the real deal or not. He kicked ass last year before he got hurt. This year has been mixed with a broken leg. Looks good to me but...

Some games he looks like Beast Mode

Some he looks like Brandon Bolden

Couple times in 2012, Bolden looked like Beast Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes