PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Linebackers, who else besides Donta ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a big fan of Freeney but he should get a lot of reps along with Roberts. Also, Ninko might be lurking in the wings - he played inside linebacker through all of training camp last year.

This Bill Belichick guy has no clue what he's doing. I wonder if we'll ever see the Patriots hoist a Lombardi trophy under his reign of terror.

I actually agree with most of his post outside of the idiotic Glenn/Cooks comparison. The second they burned on Tank Ass was an absolute waste. Happens sometimes. But that comparison is one of the most laughably cringe-worthy things I've seen posted on here.

I actually agree with most of his post outside of the idiotic Glenn/Cooks comparison. The second they burned on Tank Ass was an absolute waste. Happens sometimes. But that comparison is one of the most laughably cringe-worthy things I've seen posted on here.

To be fair, @captain stone has said much more cringe worthy things on this board. Give him credit where it's due. I'm not sure if this even makes the top 5.

Yeah, BB never should have drafted Terry Glenn...oh wait...

Yeah, BB never should have drafted Terry Glenn...oh wait...

I don't think @captain stone was implying that, he was just belittling Bill because he traded for a guy who he compared to Glenn.

If he did imply that, then his post is even funnier than previously thought.

Nevertheless, it was a stupid comparison regardless, but we've all come to expect that from him.

To be fair, @captain stone has said much more cringe worthy things on this board. Give him credit where it's due. I'm not sure if this even makes the top 5.

I don't usually make blanket statements like this, but anyone who hates on the Cooks trade that much is a total moron.

1. Is Cooks a first round talent? Yes.

2. Was this offense more explosive with a deep threat? Yes.

Given that the arrival of Cooks, paired with Hogan at flanker, means that defenses can no longer play the Patriots as if they're constantly in the red zone, his presence alone should do wonders for coverage on Gronk and Edelman. Cooks being inserted in this offense may just make this offense's efficiency on par with 2007.

I agree completely.

I like Van Noy but there were periods in which his tackling was very average and his coverage was so-so.

With that said he does have pretty good instincts and his athleticism- while not Collins-caliber is ok.

I'd like to think with an off-season, camp he'll improve.

Hes a borderline starter which is fine

I like Van Noy but there were periods in which his tackling was very average and his coverage was so-so.

With that said he does have pretty good instincts and his athleticism- while not Collins-caliber is ok.

He's pretty smart too.

He's pretty smart too.
For a mid-season pickup he absolutely did a very good job picking up the defense.

Thats the other part I'm giving him slack on. Assuming he knows the D even better in 2017 he'll be more instinctual with his play and not taking that xtra 1/2 a second to think.

That's pretty much what the poster I agreed with intimated and I agree with both of you. I'm not saying he's an All-pro by any stretch. I do feel he did some noteworthy things though, and I'm interested to see what a full training camp with the team yields. I like the potential I see.

I don't usually make blanket statements like this, but anyone who hates on the Cooks trade that much is a total moron.

1. Is Cooks a first round talent? Yes.

2. Was this offense more explosive with a deep threat? Yes.

Given that the arrival of Cooks, paired with Hogan at flanker, means that defenses can no longer play the Patriots as if they're constantly in the red zone, his presence alone should do wonders for coverage on Gronk and Edelman. Cooks being inserted in this offense may just make this offense's efficiency on par with 2007.

Cooks was a great acquisition. No doubt that @captain stone will end up looking like a buffoon as always next season.

This Bill Belichick guy has no clue what he's doing. I wonder if we'll ever see the Patriots hoist a Lombardi trophy under his reign of terror.

Cooks signing was terrible. Not to mention:

On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sack last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon.

That's pretty much what the poster I agreed with intimated and I agree with both of you. I'm not saying he's an All-pro by any stretch. I do feel he did some noteworthy things though, and I'm interested to see what a full training camp with the team yields. I like the potential I see.
i think he has some pass rush potential and may be seen more on the end in passing rotations. I'm not convinced he could hold up the edge like Ninko on run downs.

Come in to talk linebackers, and yet people are talking Cooks...lol.

I have to think that with a full offseason, he will be a better player for us next season.

With Hightower back and freney healthy, I am thinking McClellin might not even make our squad.

I have to think that with a full offseason, he will be a better player for us next season.

With Hightower back and freney healthy, I am thinking McClellin might not even make our squad.
I think contractually McClellein can be cut with very little residue on the can.

He's a decent role player. Nothing more

Lets give the guy a chance last thing I want to do before necessary cuts is release a linebacker with experience.
Especially when we are sitting pretty on the cap.
Id bet for Belichick and Patricia to elevate his game.
Are you betting he fails?

It’s awful tempting to trade Jimmy G to CLV for their 12th pick. They could pick up a stud lb there...I’m not saying I’m in favor of trading JG, but man they would be stacked for 2017 if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST