PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Linda's 3 Merged Threads About Refs (there's room for 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been watching the Broncos/Falcons game? The ref'ing there has been pretty atrocious. I'm pretty tired of the smarmy announcers trying to play down these disasters. The regular refs know how to pull off a pile up to find the recoverers of a fumble. They don't use college penalties in a pro game. They don't stop a game for eight minutes straight. They don't have to be corrected on the rules of the game by the coaches mid game. So many more but if you saw this game, you know what I am talking about. This is a serious nfl issue irrespective of any possible issue in our own game. I am sick and tired of this getting downplayed by people in the owners pockets.

see my nuclear explosion in the game thread...five yard penalty...they spot it ten yards...and then all agree on it...Keystone Kops stuff..

see my nuclear explosion in the game thread...five yard penalty...they spot it ten yards...and then all agree on it...Keystone Kops stuff..

I had a meltdown of my own when I saw that. I wasn't near a computer at the time which is probably a good thing.

Roger Goodell needs to be fired over this debacle.

Sounds like Pereira agrees with me. I thought it was more obvious watching it real time, but if he says it was marginal I'll certainly agree with his review.

He said it wasn't the correct call to make. You said it was. So, other than him completely disagreeing with you and completely agreeing with many of us who said what he said, I guess you can claim he agrees with you.

He said it wasn't the correct call to make. You said it was. So, other than him completely disagreeing with you and completely agreeing with many of us who said what he said, I guess you can claim he agrees with you.

Pereira said it was a hold.

He would advise the ref not to make the call again. He didn't say it was an incorrect call. By your paraphrasing (which is surely unbiased) he called it correct, but marginal. Can't blame the ref for a calling a hold a hold, even if it's marginal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back