PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's see your playoff bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Pats hopefully make it to Santa Clara and win can they actually win by two scores at the end? I can't handle another close Superbowl game

You will handle it and you will enjoy every second.

I believe in the Super Bowl you can't wear third jersey. Teams have to wear primary home or away

You mean we can't get Oregon and TCU and switch our entire uniforms at half time?

You will handle it and you will enjoy every second.

I Love winning, basically more then anything in life. Actually yes, winning is my Favorite thing. However I love the NFL football very very much also. If you just want to watch a sport where people win by blowouts time after time, I suggest you find something else to watch.

I would like to see this play out the following way:

Patriots win the Super Bowl and Brady, the game's MVP, walks to the podium. The crowd chants "Kill him, kill him" in unison, referring to a clearly terrified Goodell, who is holding the trophy. Brady's eyes narrow and his face turns to pure rage as the crowd becomes a frenzied howl...he clenches his fist and ****s it back. Goodell, now trembling in a pile of sorrow and pity, shouts "Noooo!!!!" Brady's hand comes forward, as if towards Goodell, but then up again and in a downward trajectory; it's Kraft who knocks out cold with a haymaker. He then takes his trophy, flicking the sobbing Goodell away with his cleat, and says into the microphone:

"The God who executes vengeance for me, and subdues peoples under me."

He then rips off his jersey to reveal a black t-shirt with weird, cryptic symbols, snakes, horsemen, numbers, and Biblical verses and forewarns the crowd that "night is upon us."

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this...

Yooo man, you sure you weren't one of the people who use to write the skits and storylines for Celebrity Death Match? If not, you could've fooled me

I Love winning, basically more then anything in life. Actually yes, winning is my Favorite thing.

By "winning," I'm hoping that you mean having your health, some close family members who are still alive, and enough food/shelter/etc to keep you sustained. Everything else is just icing on the cake! :)

I would like to see this play out the following way:

Patriots win the Super Bowl and Brady, the game's MVP, walks to the podium. The crowd chants "Kill him, kill him" in unison, referring to a clearly terrified Goodell, who is holding the trophy. Brady's eyes narrow and his face turns to pure rage as the crowd becomes a frenzied howl...he clenches his fist and ****s it back. Goodell, now trembling in a pile of sorrow and pity, shouts "Noooo!!!!" Brady's hand comes forward, as if towards Goodell, but then up again and in a downward trajectory; it's Kraft who knocks out cold with a haymaker. He then takes his trophy, flicking the sobbing Goodell away with his cleat, and says into the microphone:

"The God who executes vengeance for me, and subdues peoples under me."

He then rips off his jersey to reveal a black t-shirt with weird, cryptic symbols, snakes, horsemen, numbers, and Biblical verses and forewarns the crowd that "night is upon us."

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this...

NFC

Washington over Green Bay
Seattle over Minnesota

Carolina over Seattle
Arizona over Washington

Arizona over Carolina

AFC

Pittsburgh over Cincy
Kansas City over Houston

New England over KC
Pittsburgh over Denver

New England over Pittsburgh

Super Bowl

New England over Arizona

I would much prefer Carolina instead of Arizona in the SB.

Also Seattle beating Minnesota is not a lock. Temperatures will be 0 degrees in Minnesota on Sunday. Seattle is an outdoors team but I doubt they played in they kind of temperature before.

It's funny...nearly everyone has New England, Pittsburgh, Arizona, and either Seattle or Carolina in the Final Four with a few exceptions (I have KC.)

When this happens and there are a bunch of "locks" the playoffs almost always becomes some huge surprising crap shoot. Just saying, I'll bet we will be surprised by some team, either Cincinnati, Houston, Washington, or Minnesota. Of all those teams, I'll bet probability says one of them makes it to at least the conference championship.

I would much prefer Carolina instead of Arizona in the SB.

Also Seattle beating Minnesota is not a lock. Temperatures will be 0 degrees in Minnesota on Sunday. Seattle is an outdoors team but I doubt they played in they kind of temperature before.

Minnesota hasn't played in many of those themselves. Minnesota played on last 2 years 3 games below freezing. Seattle played 1 in last 2 years. Very few players have ever played in the wind chill temps expected for that game. Both teams are gonna be cold

I'm going to reply to this thread because there is some serious off topic sniping going on in the other threads. Jeez people, calm down. We're all friends here (although I guess it's good we don't all live in the same neighborhood (ahem)).

It took me a few days to recover my Pats homerism and respond to this thread as I was grumbling to myself that, "I can't create a bracket where I have the Pats losing their first game." but now I have retrieved my rose-colored glasses from where I threw them at the end of the Miami game and here are my predictions:

AFC
Steelers over Cincinnati
KC over Houston

Pats (gulp) over KC
Steelers over Denver

Pats (gulp) over Steelers

Caveat - this may be more what I want to happen rather than what I think will happen, although I think I am right on the wildcard games.

NFC (okay, I confess I had to look to see who is playing whom; that Miami tilt really screwed me up):
Green Bay over Washington
Seattle over Minnesota

Seattle over Panthers
Cardinals over Green Bay

Cardinals over Seattle

Pats over Cardinals in SB 50

Go Patriots!!

I swear I did my own bracket before reading Kontra's...

I'm going to reply to this thread because there is some serious off topic sniping going on in the other threads. Jeez people, calm down. We're all friends here (although I guess it's good we don't all live in the same neighborhood (ahem)).

It took me a few days to recover my Pats homerism and respond to this thread as I was grumbling to myself that, "I can't create a bracket where I have the Pats losing their first game." but now I have retrieved my rose-colored glasses from where I threw them at the end of the Miami game and here are my predictions:

AFC
Steelers over Cincinnati
KC over Houston

Pats (gulp) over KC
Steelers over Denver

Pats (gulp) over Steelers

Caveat - this may be more what I want to happen rather than what I think will happen, although I think I am right on the wildcard games.

NFC (okay, I confess I had to look to see who is playing whom; that Miami tilt really screwed me up):
Green Bay over Washington
Seattle over Minnesota

Seattle over Panthers
Cardinals over Green Bay

Cardinals over Seattle

Pats over Cardinals in SB 50

Go Patriots!!
Every road team winning this week, eh?

Every road team winning this week, eh?
I did add the caveat about this is probably what I want to happen ;). I just don't see how Cinncinatti beats Pittsburgh with a back up QB or a dinged up Dalton and I think Houston is more lucky than good, and their luck will run out.

I guess I would say Green Bay is the most vulnerable road team, but Washington? Really?

What say you? That all the home teams are going to win?

I did add the caveat about this is probably what I want to happen ;). I just don't see how Cinncinatti beats Pittsburgh with a back up QB or a dinged up Dalton and I think Houston is more lucky than good, and their luck will run out.

I guess I would say Green Bay is the most vulnerable road team, but Washington? Really?

I have two home (WAS and CIN) and two road teams (SEA and KC) winning.

We shall see then. I am actually looking forward to this weekend where there is no pressure on the Pats (or their high-strung fans, like me).

I doubt deangelo williams plays for Pitt this weekend

Cincy could well surprise people. McCarron has that confidence in himself and his abilities, is a smart quarterback, and rarely makes mistakes. He was very good at Alabama even though he was in a system designed to kind of rein him in. Too early to tell yet, but he could end up being a better playoff/big game quarterback than Dalton. I wanted McCarron as a heir apparent to Brady. We'll see if I was right about him.

I doubt deangelo williams plays for Pitt this weekend
Yes, I suppose I wasn't thinking of that, but Big Ben is usually good for pulling a couple of rabbits out of his arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST