PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's hope the roof is open at NRG stadium on Super Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I believe this would be helpful for the patriots chances of winning and would make odds of a falcon's victory much less. The link below is from 2013...but it is a widely held notion that dome teams are at a disadvantage compared to non domed teams when playing outside.

One big issue for the Falcons is that they cannot rely on really loud crowd noise when the opposing team is on offense to trigger false start penalties.

This year for the falcons:
domed stadiums 7-3 (includes post season)
non domed stadiums 6-2

so I guess my theory is not proven this year. for falcons.
I still think playing with the roof closed will be an advantage for Falcons
and hopefully it will be on colder side...average temperatures in Houston in January vary from 43-66. For a night game lest hope for 40's with roof open

Does Playing in a Dome Give the Home Team a Distinct Advantage?

I remember working up the stats back in the day, but Brady in a dome is money; even better than he is outside. Open, closed...ultimately I don't think it'll be that big a deciding factor.

To me, this game is all on the D side of the ball, If BB can come up wit a plan to slow the Falcons O likehe did in o1, then we are golden
I m sure he watched their loses and has a solid plan for five

It'll be a dome like game so I don't see the difference. If it were 20 degrees with wind and snow that could be different. As long as those cheaters don't get to pump in their fake crowd noise :cool:

I'm hoping it's open for a 'nighttime look' to the game, but that's it. I highly suspect it will be closed though. I'm sure the type of crowd that the Super Bowl attracts would prefer a domed game.

It gives the Pats a very slight advantage if the roof is open. Miniscule. We are most likely talking in the mid 50's and barely any wind. Either way Brady is money in domes.

Edit: I think so anyway. Didn't actually fact check Brady's Dome performances.

I'll rub a magic 8 ball to put me in contact with a jefe at Populous running the show about dome status. Will update soon ;)

Has the field at Houston improved at all? I thought it has been notoriously bad in the recent past (Welker ACL, etc).

Has the field at Houston improved at all? I thought it has been notoriously bad in the recent past (Welker ACL, etc).

They don't use those patches of grass they grow outside anymore. They got rid of it mid season last year if I remember correctly.

The arizona cardinala did us a huge favor in 2014 keeping the roof open during the super bowl. It kept the seahawks fans from getting too loud. I guess they didn't want to give seattle any favors. ;)

Open or closed does not seem to matter all that much, no matter how they do it weather will not be a factor...

Is there evidence that the Falcons Fans travel well???

It gives the Pats a very slight advantage if the roof is open. Miniscule. We are most likely talking in the mid 50's and barely any wind. Either way Brady is money in domes.

Edit: I think so anyway. Didn't actually fact check Brady's Dome performances.

The advantage isn't just about how it impacts Brady. It's really about the Falcons.

Matty Ice has a 98.2 rating indoors, 89.4 outdoors, and 71.2 in retractable domes. I'm assuming they were open but have to check into that more.

The Falcons with Ryan are 56-27 indoors, 27-27 outdoors, and 2-3 in retractable domes.

So I'm not worried about Tom either way, but might help slow down the Falcons a bit.

The easiest way to ensure the dome is open is for Brady to spend media week talking about how he hopes it is closed. Herr Goodell won't be able to resist trying to do the opposite of what Tom wants.

I don't think it matters.

In SB 36 people were scared to death of TGSOT and it didn't matter.

Crowd noise won't be a factor for either side in this game. People who pay $3,000 a ticket don't take their shirt off, stand on their seat and yell at the field.

Crowd noise won't be a factor for either side in this game. People who pay $3,000 a ticket don't take their shirt off, stand on their seat and yell at the field.
Except Patriot Fans....BE PROUD AND BE LOUD !! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe