PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's hear it for Solder and the OLine

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Riddler

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
There was alot of discussion this week about Vollmer coming back. I posted numerous times about keeping Nate Solder at RT. WOW, did we see the results.

Nate was dominant against a great edge rusher. Just dominant ! His footwork, athletism and technique are off the charts for a rookie tackle.

Thank you BB for not making the mistake of replacing Solder with Vollmer, thank you, thank you. Nate is a stud.

The OLine was just tremendous tonight, kudos to the boys for giving TB the time he needed to operate.

The common issue for the last 2 one and done's was the play of the OLine and the addition of Waters and Solder has done wonders and will bode well against either of these 2 DLines that we are going to see next Sunday.

Brady had all day it was great. Major props to the O-line just hope their ready for next week especially if we square off against the Ravens!

I thought the O-line played tremendously today. Brady was barely touch (only one time that Light got beat pretty bad I recall) and as Logan pointed out, when they make their, Tom takes care of the rest.

I also love the fact that Mankins took the second half off to not aggravate his injury. He played amazingly by the way...as usual.

Fantastic game by the O-line as a whole. I just hope the league doesn't mistake Von Miller's lash out as our O-Line being dirty and suspend Connolly or Light. Solder played a hell of a game. Regardless of our defensive needs, this kid is a gem.

Pretty good draft pick by BB...oh wait...no...everyone KNOWS BB can't draft....krist, it never ends on this board...Solder,Gronk,Hernandez...just lousy at making picks...just ask "Steve Moron From Fall River"...

Best I have seen them in a long time. Simply astounding.

Von Miller hit two guys. He hit Brady right after he threw his 5th TD, and we all know the second one :lol2:

Last edited:
Major props, but what was Denver doing? Did they blitz once in that game? They made zero adjustments the entire game on offense and defense. They let Brady stand back and pick them apart and left Tebow out there to get killed on the same crappy plays over and over.

Fox is a whiny fraud. It's shocking he has a job. He is the Tebow of Head Coaches. Except that I bet he hates God.

Oh and they took care of business at the end there on Miller trying to out punk Suh.

Did Dumervil play? I didn't hear his name once.

Did Dumervil play? I didn't hear his name once.

Yep. The Broncos hit Brady once, and he threw a TD on that play. The Pats, on the other hand, had 5 sacks, 4 QB hits, plus all of the hits on Tebow on run plays.

Dumervil had one assisted tackle. Miller had one hit and no tackles.

Last edited:
Zero sacks allowed, Dumervil & Miller total non-factors. Tremendous performance, and I hate to think where this team would be without the much-maligned pick of Solder.

So about Connolly -- long-term center potential, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News