PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LB question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
What is the difference between inside/outside LB? Besides where they lineup

Is their a difference in Size,speed that determines where they play?
thanks

OLB: 6-3 to 6-6, 250-270 lbs, skilled pass rushers with multiple rush techniques, decent coverage skills, strong run stopping.

ILB: 6-0 to 6-4, 240-260, strong run stopping skills, good coverage skills, good field general.

Both have to be good at stacking and shedding blocks and excellent at tackling.

Thanks
Not to be funny but where did you get this info from? I mean this as a complement.You know your football!

Thanks
Not to be funny but where did you get this info from? I mean this as a complement.You know your football!
Just my knucklehead analysis of the Pats' roster in the Belichick era. Bruschi is 6'1" 247, TJ was 6'4" 255 or so, Seau is 255, Mays and Alexander are 245 and 240 respectively.

McGinest was 6'5" 270, Vrabes is 6'4" 260, Colvin is 6'3" 250, TBC is the same - all are top pass rushers with more than one move. Taller guys with long arms are a plus for pass rushing.

The other thing is watching and reading about what they are expected to do in their assignments. Belichickfan's sig tells you about tackling, we know the OLB's have the edge responsibility, it's all just a bunch of stuff I've boiled down into a couple sentences without truly knowing what BB does want.

Having this analysis gives me a basis for playing the draft forecasting carousel to occupy part of the off-season. I don't expect BB to rate Willis high for his system at 235. That FL State kid, 5'10" 245, looks to be a better fit for size - a little short, but he seems to have good instincts and intensity. And so it goes.

I am impressed.
So; tell me what positions would draft for us with the 2 first rounders if you had a say?

I am impressed.
So; tell me what positions would draft for us with the 2 first rounders if you had a say?
I'm planning on building a draft board looking primarily at BPA this year and not making "need" my main focus. I currently have no real work done on reviewing the news on prospects, so I don't have anybody in "my" first round yet. Positions I would be reluctant to select in the first round this off-season - QB, OC, WR, RB, K, P, LS, KR, PR. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes