PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Latest temps for Sundays game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the weather forecasters in Boston are still just as sensationalistic as ever.

Accuweather has a high of 23 with an overnight low of 7. Where are these morons getting 9 degrees?

I think I am prepared:

Fleece lined shoes, 2 pairs of winter socks
Long underwear then thin sweatpants then cargo pants
T Shirt, 2 turtlenecks, hooded sweatshirt, windbreaker jacket
Ski Mask and Knit Hat
2 pairs of gloves

I had to restock on winter clothes, I tossed most of them out when I moved down to Florida. I'm not used to this cold shyt anymore. I had to order the ski mask on Ebay, they don't even know what they are down here.

All I need is some of those hand and foot warmer packets and I think I will be good to go.

LOL, I though I was all set for the Bills game at Buffalo 2 years ago, but when the snow started blowing sideways, my eyelids froze. I was in severe pain, seriously.

LOL, I though I was all set for the Bills game at Buffalo 2 years ago, but when the snow started blowing sideways, my eyelids froze. I was in severe pain, seriously.

shyt now I need goggles too? :D

LOL, the Chargers will start freakin out in that weather for the same reason Zach Piller did.

Isn't rivers form north carolina and merriman from maryland. These guys have ALL seen freezing cold weather and have played in it. Stopping Michael Turner and our oline in a cold pound it out game will prove verrry difficult.

Isn't rivers form north carolina and merriman from maryland. These guys have ALL seen freezing cold weather and have played in it. Stopping Michael Turner and our oline in a cold pound it out game will prove verrry difficult.

Rivers is from Alabama. He went to school at NC State but remember the college season effectively ends around Thanksgiving (temps in the 50s). I live in Raleigh and "freezing cold" around here means below 40 degrees. We got an inch of snow a couple of years ago and it effectively shut down traffic for the better part of a day. I'm sure he can handle cold...he just hasn't had to much (or at all) in the past.

Partly Cloudy / Wind
Partly Cloudy / Wind
High
24°F
Low
7°F
Precip: 10%

Wind: WNW
at 22 mph
UV Index: 2 Low
Humidity: 56%

Sunrise: 7:08 AM
Sunset: 4:44 PM

Windy with times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 20s and lows in the upper single digits.

Partly Cloudy / Wind
Partly Cloudy / Wind
High
24°F
Low
7°F
Precip: 10%

Wind: WNW
at 22 mph
Humidity: 56%

Sunrise: 7:08 AM
Sunset: 4:44 PM

Windy with times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 20s and lows in the upper single digits.

How effective will the pats passing game be in the wind?

How effective will the pats passing game be in the wind?

How effective will yours be? Look if it is windy what make you think Rivers can pass? He can't meaning the run game is all you have. Hello if you run all game the defense is going to be looking to stop the run and worry less about the passing game. Jeez, you act like because we can't pass your offense is free to run all over the field.

Updated: 1:17 am wed morning

DAYTIME: Partly Cloudy
High 37°F
Precip 10%
Wind: W 19 mph
Max. Humidity: 75%
Sunrise: 7:09 AM ET
Avg. High: 36°F
Record High: 60°F (1951)

NIGHTTIME: Few Snow Showers
Overnight Low 19°F
Precip 30%
Wind: W 9 mph
Max. Humidity: 59%
Sunset: 4:41 PM ET
Avg. Low: 21°F
Record Low: -3°F (1946)

So from weather.com it says the wind is going to tail off as the day goes by and goes to night. Sunset around half-time. And maybe we just see some snow showers in the second half. who knows how soon they start - although certainly more likely weather.com means overnight snow showers.

If wind is at or below 15mph at game time I don't think it is a serious problem. Wouldn't mind it a few degrees colder to remind the san diego boys they aren't playing in no dome this week..... but oh well.

Latest accuweather forecast from this morning says Sunday will be partly cloudy with temps in the low 20's and windy at start of the game. No doubt temps will drop as the night falls but if this forecast holds then weather won't be a big factor for the Patriots. Can't say how the Chargers will react to that type of cold but for northern climate teams temps in the 20's is not a big deal.

Latest accuweather forecast from this morning says Sunday will be partly cloudy with temps in the low 20's and windy at start of the game. No doubt temps will drop as the night falls but if this forecast holds then weather won't be a big factor for the Patriots. Can't say how the Chargers will react to that type of cold but for northern climate teams temps in the 20's is not a big deal.

I'm praying for the 20s. I don't know if can handle much less anymore.

Having grown up in RI and currently live in NC, I can assure you the weather is not comparable

Having also spent my 1st 14 years in New England, then migrated South to Florida for the next 7, I can also tell you it doesn't take long to get acclimated so much so that <40* feels freezing.

Seems like the forecast winds change every day.

Having also spent my 1st 14 years in New England, then migrated South to Florida for the next 7, I can also tell you it doesn't take long to get acclimated so much so that <40* feels freezing.

That's really the key point. Whatever the weather, as they say, both teams will be playing in the same stuff. The difference is the Chargers are practicing this week in weather where the high is close to 70 degrees. The Pats are living where it's winter, and cold. You can act like it doesn't affect you, but the reality is that San Diego will simply not be used to this kind of cold, and they'll notice it more.

I think it becomes more of a factor if SD gets down by 10-14 points and the adrenaline slows down.

When are the Chargers flying to Massachusetts?

I lived for decades in Maine. Now that I live in so CA, when the temps dip into the low 40's I get cold. I do wear shorts about 10 months out of the year though. :eek:

The cold benefits us. The Chargers haven't played in weather below 34 degrees since 2004 (Cleveland). The way they're talking ("we've played in the cold... KC and Denver") they don't know whats coming.

The wind benefits them. Anything that limits the passing game will hurt the Pats.
Seems like the forecast winds change every day.

Mark Twain said:
If you don't like the weather in New England, just wait a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back