PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Larry Foote: "New England was no better than Detroit, they missed the playoffs too"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Larry Foote: "New England was no better than Detroit,they missed the playoffs too

Mentioning the Patriots in the same sentence as the Lions is an insult. Mentioning any team other than maybe the Raiders in the same sentence with the Lions is an insult.

Re: Larry Foote: "New England was no better than Detroit,they missed the playoffs too

actually this guy is right. if you dont make the playoffs then the season means nothing and is therfore useless.

actually this guy is right. if you dont make the playoffs then the season means nothing and is therfore useless.

I wonder if you hold your own life to such impeccable standards? ;)

Actually, while the person you quoted is a troll and on my ignore list, he's right about this, at least for some athletes. When I played competitive sports, that's how I felt.

A lot like most your posts on here.

Therefore, this year the Patriots still might not make the playoffs and Detroit still might not make the playoffs. Foote/mouth = brainfart.

I see no problem with what he said, you
Yep, no difference between the Patriots and the Lions - neither made the playoffs.

No difference between the Steelers and the Lions - neither won the last two superbowls.

What caused him to mention the Patriots?

I think he mentioned the Pats because they're considered the best in the league and the Lions are viewed as one of the worst. He's making a point about it being all about the playoffs and using a best-worst comparison in order to make it.

It's actually somewhat complimentary to the Pats if it's a best-worst comparison,seeing as his old team's just recently won 2.

What's the point of putting someone on my ignore list if other people are just going to quote them :p

Hey Foote enjoy going 1-15!!

Eh, I'm not going to say anything unless I hear the tone and context. These things tend to get overblown.

There is no tone or context needed, the statement is self explanatory.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and chalk that up to trying to win fans and get people into the stands in Detroit- I highly doubt he actually believed what he saying entirely. I take it as being tongue in cheek.

I agree. He wasnt taking a jab at the Pats. He was just trying to explain that 0-16 - 11-5...it makes no difference if you both miss the play-off's, the season is a bust.
Come again? 0-16? Seriously?

New England were alot better than Detriot my friend :D Even if both teams season ultimately ended up with nothing.

we missed the playoffs because of a technicality, as in the dolphins playing more afc teams

so im pretty sure that new englands season was BETTER then the lions, because the pats were atleast 1 game away of making it

Re: Larry Foote: "New England was no better than Detroit, they missed the playoffs to

hes right..the only team goal is to win a super bowl

you cant have a chance at winning a SB if u arent in playoffs..neither us nor the Lions were. case cleared

Re: Larry Foote: "New England was no better than Detroit, they missed the playoffs to

Wow. that's all I can say. His understanding of success is no more than the amount of wins they had last year. 0

What a brilliant quote.
Shows you how cerebral this man is-Foote-in-mouth

Actually, while the person you quoted is a troll and on my ignore list, he's right about this, at least for some athletes. When I played competitive sports, that's how I felt.

thats how sports are meant to be played

Who cares? The guy has two rings, makes a great living, and now is playing for the team he loved when growing up. I'd say he's doing better than 99% of us, even if they do finish 2-14 this year.

Whatever. I'm sure we'll be fine without Foote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft