PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lamarr Houston tears ACL celebrating a meaningless sack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it is confirmed. Houston tore his ACL celebrating sacking Jimmy Garoppolo with only a few minutes left down by 25 points.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but it is karma making an idiot out of himself getting his first sack of the year in meaningless garbage time after Brady absolutely embarrassed his defense for most of the game.

I wish him a speedy recovery. But boy is he an idiot.

I wanted the Pats to go after Houston in FA. I like him as a player. I know that what he did was dumb, but I can understand trying to get your team exciting about something on a day where everything went wrong. Poor decision, with a sad result.

Talk about bad karma.

Bears LE Lamarr Houston has been diagnosed with a torn right ACL, and is done for the season.

Houston's Sunday takedown of Jimmy Garoppolo is going to go down as the costliest garbage-time sack of the decade. Houston was injured as he attempted to celebrate his first sack of the season with the Bears losing 48-23 in the fourth quarter. In theory, it's a huge blow for the Bears' pass rush, but in the first season of a five-year, $35 million deal, Houston was just No. 20-of-53 in Pro Football Focus' 4-3 end rankings. Going on 28, Houston should keep his starting job for 2015 provided he rehabs without setbacks

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5759/lamarr-houston

32905264.jpg

I can't imagine Bears fans being too upset about losing a guy who took to twitter not too long ago to encourage them to "eat dirt".

Living out in Bears country, I can say with confidence that a good portion of Bears fans find this team unlikable, thanks to puerility such as Houston's twitter comments, Kyle Long chastising the fans for booing last week against Miami, Brandon Marshall's repugnant personality, and of course, Trestman's failure to execute one of the most important (if not the most important) functions of the head coach: implement a system that is conducive to winning.

His "system" has been an abject failure thus far. All you have to do is review his treatment of Marshall, allowing him to march to the beat of his own drummer, while continuing to wax poetical to the media about "team this-team that".

All in all, this makes me, as a Pats fan, blessed to root for a team with a head coach who gets it.

I laugh when people feel sorry for the guy, people like him and Tulloch should of learned from Gramatica's mistake years ago.

I laugh when people feel sorry for the guy, people like him and Tulloch should of learned from Gramatica's mistake years ago.

heh. I was also thinking about "Dramatica" Gramatica's similar stunt back in the day. Talk about a stupid kicker.......

Second time this season, ironically:

spnrpwlos8bpqi8zjhsb.gif

I would call him an idiot if he was trying to cheap shot someone after the whistle or something, but celebrating a little while down big doesn't make him an idiot in my book.
On a side note, it's amazing how easy it can be to tear an ACL.

Sorry. Pet peeve of mine. :cool:

Except that it's not really a coincidence that, hmm, the same stupid move results in the same stupid injury.

Except that it's not really a coincidence that, hmm, the same stupid move results in the same stupid injury.

Yes it is. The two coincide, which is what a coincidence is (though, admittedly, the meaning often implies chance). Irony is a totally different animal altogether.

Yes it is. The two coincide, which is what a coincidence is (though, admittedly, the meaning often implies chance). Irony is a totally different animal altogether.

True, but as far as normal speech goes, the horse is long gone from that barn.

There's still time to stop "literally" from meaning "figuratively," though. ;)

Karma meet Lamarr, Lamarr meet Karma

True, but as far as normal speech goes, the horse is long gone from that barn.

There's still time to stop "literally" from meaning "figuratively," though. ;)

Yes, that literally makes my head explode.

Probably my biggest Grammar Nazi peeve is the misuse of "of", as in, "He should of caught that!" Holy crap does that drive me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft