Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lamar Woodley... INSIDE LBer

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by PonyExpress, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

I'm not sure Woodley is quick enough to be a consistent edge rusher as a 3-4 OLB... However, his size, brutal style and high motor translate well as a run stuffing ILB in the 3-4. Also, his pass-rushing skills provide the versatility BB loves. He could be switched out as an edge rusher on occasion. IMO Woodley may be the best 3-4 ILB prospect in the draft. It might take 2 years to impact there unfortunately... but this guy could become a beast ILB if handled with patience. Woodley or Willis are both good candidates (albeit at different positions).

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  2. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

Re: Lamar Woodley reminds me of Jeremiah Trotter

Who knows, maybe he could be a jack of all trades LB like Vrabel and Bruschi.. Merriman was a DE in College and is a beast in the middle for San Diego... stranger things have happened.

3. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +288 / 11 / -3

I can't wait to see that matchup Sat. I'm a PSU alum. Can't stand either squad. But, from a scouting angle it should be great. I think we will be able to see how quick Woodley really is. Chasing Troy Smith will be quite a challenge. Watch D.Harris. He could be our answer at ilb too. Big, strong, tough kid. Not sure about speed with him either. I would like to draft a couple of db's early. But, I think an edge pass-rusher would do more to help this defense than any rookie db. Extremely unlikely we get an edge rusher where we will be picking. Prob no higher than 24. CAL/USC features a ton of prospects. Going to be an interesting day.

4. Handel

Handel Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Lamar Woodley reminds me of Jeremiah Trotter

He is not a ILB at SD...

5. Michigan Dave

Michigan Dave Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

What he may lack in quickness at the next level, LaMarr makes up for in intelligence. He's a brilliant player, and can drop back in coverage and hold his own, which is unusual for such a dominant rush backer. I don't think the transition would be as long as you think, he's very pro-ready now. If the Pats got LaMarr, well, I would be the happiest dude in the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.