PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

KR/PR/WR Damaris Johnson Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Austin Hill pick up is pretty interesting as well, if he hadn't tore his ACL in his 3rd year looks like he'd of been a high round draft pick. His sophomore highlights are pretty awesome, really sucks about his knee.

Tulsa - A three-year letterwinner and starter . . . has played in all 39 games since coming to Tulsa with 32 starts . . . holds the NCAA's all-time records for all-purpose yards with 7,796 yards and for career kickoff return yardage with 3,417 yards . . . led the nation as a sophomore (224.4 ypg) and junior (202.2 ypg) for all-purpose yardage . . . has caught a pass in all 39 career games, and has had 150 plays go for over 20 yards in his career

Damaris Johnson - 2011 Football

H/T Phil Perry

This is a great signing,a WR picked by another team.
I can't decipher if you're being sarcastic and stupid or, if not, what point you're actually trying to make?

It will be interesting to see if he picks things up fast enough to be active sunday.
What's to pick up for returns? I expect he'll be playing and returning punts and kick offs this week, might play in the slot for emergency or selected plays.

Given all the pickups this year to replace guys on IR, and the small number of UFAs next year, it's going to be tough to crack the Pat's roster in 2016. I wonder if the Pats will try to move up for a very high second rounder this year, or even trade picks into 2017.

Pats receiving corp....

The-Smurfs-full.jpg

I thought that when we picked up Keshawn from Houston, he was a KR/WR but then we never used him for kick returns. I wonder if this pick up has anything to do with Dola condition and his return. Any news on that?

I can't decipher if you're being sarcastic and stupid or, if not, what point you're actually trying to make?
The point was that all the WR (since Branch, I guess) that we draft suck but we've had success with WR from other teams.

Yeah I didn't figure it was guaranteed, just saying they must have some actual interest and he's not a guy that they're just gonna dump tomorrow necessarily. Though BB might still do that. Who the hell knows.
We do it a lot. When we activated Eric Martin from the PS he signed a two year contract. And there's others. Regardless, I just hope this guy can catch a damn punt.

I would say sarcastic, but not stupid

JE was drafted.
I figured I missed one although he almost doesn't count being a 7th round pick converting from QB in college. But, yeah, Branch and Edelman, that's it for 15 years. Actually Givens too. But we all get the point.

I was being sarcastic.The Pats are great at drafting except when it
comes to WR's.

He's listed at 5'8.

We really love our smurf receivers.

Those smurfs have an extremely valuable skill set in being able to create separation and get open in tight spaces

Those smurfs have an extremely valuable skill set in being able to create separation and get open in tight spaces

Which without JE, DA and Lewis this offense is missing mightily.

You can have the best QB in the world but if the receivers cant create separation or make guys miss then that puts more stress on the QB to be perfect and adds more risk to a play not being successful.

Which without JE, DA and Lewis this offense is missing mightily.

You can have the best QB in the world but if the receivers cant create separation or make guys miss then that puts more stress on the QB to be perfect and adds more risk to a play not being successful.

Yea it also forces Brady to hold onto the ball longer waiting for someone to get open, which gets him assaulted and increases chance of injury

Yea it also forces Brady to hold onto the ball longer waiting for someone to get open, which gets him assaulted and increases chance of injury

No question. TB12 has been taking way too many hits these past 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe