PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kornheiser On Espn Mnf - A Doofus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
ESPN is gonna actually make this clown a permanent announcer on MNF? As the game was still somewhat within reach of the world champs,Kornheiser goes into his recent past trends book and announces that Jax is 22-0 once leading by 6 or more points in the 2nd half...Then he repeats it again later?...Doesn't he understand that ESPN wants you to watch the whole game and not turn it off in the 4th quarter,especially a game difference of less than 10 points with 5 minutes to go?....He then talks about the spread line of the game which is somewhat taboo on prime time network and it was funny to hear Joe Theismann trying hard to get the viewers actually to continue watching the game by referring to the Giants/Philly game yesterday and that comebacks can happen...Kornheiser just SHUT UP!!!

Speaking of doofuses on MNF, did you hear Theisman say, several times mind you, after horrible play after horrible play when the Steelers couldn't get anything going, that Big Ben "is comfortable with this shot gun formation" (sack), and at one point he said "Big Ben is definitely back!" to which there was no reply from his cohorts. His stupidity numbed even them into silence.

And I thought Dennis Miller was a pathetic jerk announcing on MNF....I SAY LETS DIG UP COSELL AND BRING HIM BACK!!...Sorry to all those who think that was insensitive:(

Or, they could just promote the second team. They were far better last week, I would in no way be opposed to seeing them take over the regular monday night duties.

I feel sorry for Tirico. He's generally pretty good. I think they should explore putting Jaworski and Vermeil in the booth with Tirico. Korno is a joke. He was happy when Matt Jones got a catch because it helped his fantasy team. If I want to hear about fantasy football I'll actually watch that lame show on ESPN. I don't want to hear about fantasy football during a real football game.

I am waiting for one of these idiot ESPN MNF announcers when N.E. hits the prime time spot to call Brady with his first name being Peter,Bobby or Greg instead of Tom

Richter said:
Or, they could just promote the second team. They were far better last week, I would in no way be opposed to seeing them take over the regular monday night duties.
Oh god, PLEASE. The "B" Team with Nessler, Vermeil and Jaws is far superior, and so much easier to listen to.

Somebody please start one of those internet petition thingies and pass it around forum to forum. :(

FSUPatsFan said:
I feel sorry for Tirico. He's generally pretty good. I think they should explore putting Jaworski and Vermeil in the booth with Tirico. Korno is a joke. He was happy when Matt Jones got a catch because it helped his fantasy team. If I want to hear about fantasy football I'll actually watch that lame show on ESPN. I don't want to hear about fantasy football during a real football game.
Hell no. I could tolerate Tirico at first, but he's just too 'hype' and spills over into melodrama constantly. Damnit, play-by-play guy tell me what the hell just happened and don't get in the way. I'm here to watch football because I want to watch football, I don't need you to try to sell me the drama with your hippity-hoppity hype voice. He's fine in the studio, get him outta the booth.

I shouldn't be grumpy. The Steelers lost.

Gimme the B TEAM!!!

Jaws and Vermeil would be better suited for the analysist role.... They were good last week...

The gimmick of putting an 'outsider' in the broadcast booth to mix it up with the 'experts' is a gateway to disaster. Did we learn nothing from Dennis Miller? The red jacket bit just proves he's a comic foil for Joe Theismann, much like Jay Mohr to Boomer Esiason on the FSN NFL Sunday morning show about 5 years back. The best broadcast teams all know the game and perform well off of the other(s).

PatsDeb said:
Speaking of doofuses on MNF, did you hear Theisman say, several times mind you, after horrible play after horrible play when the Steelers couldn't get anything going, that Big Ben "is comfortable with this shot gun formation" (sack), and at one point he said "Big Ben is definitely back!" to which there was no reply from his cohorts. His stupidity numbed even them into silence.

A couple plays later, Theisman said it looked like Ben was heaving the ball and not looking as good as he did last year. To which Kornheiser replied: "A couple plays ago you said he was back". Classic.

Willie55 said:
A couple plays later, Theisman said it looked like Ben was heaving the ball and not looking as good as he did last year. To which Kornheiser replied: "A couple plays ago you said he was back". Classic.

This is the one thing I like about Tony. He constantly calls Theisman out for being wrong or saying something dumb. He does bring silly or stupid points to the game but he was right last night about the up 6 and 21-0. That game was over. Pitt got the ball over midfield once the entire game. They wouldnt have scored if the game went another 60 minutes.

its all about hype and hyperbole with espn...why do they have jamie foxx last week and dwayne wade this week in the booth in the middle of a regular season football game ???

The Ben is Back thing was good but Kornheiser is basically useless. Jaws or Vermeil would be much better - and both would be even better with Theisman went away too.

Anyone seen Deion Sanders on NFLN, though ? Talk about horrendous and unwatchable. Too bad because Mariucci is good.

Willie55 said:

I missed that one! Probably because my hubby and I were still remarking on what an idiot Theisman is. :)

PATRIOT64 said:
And I thought Dennis Miller was a pathetic jerk announcing on MNF....I SAY LETS DIG UP COSELL AND BRING HIM BACK!!...Sorry to all those who think that was insensitive:(

At least Miller was funny, these knuckleheads are worthless!

MNF is just terrible now. Thank God the pats are on SNF next week with Al and John--it was painful listening to them last night.

What are you all talking about? Kornheiser was great on MNF! :D

THIS IS THE SECOND FRICKIN' WEEK THAT KORNHEISER KEPT ROOTING FOR HIS FANTASY PLAYERS! IT'S SICKENING.

week 1
everytime Santana Moss made a catch .........."That's good for me because I have him in my fantasy league"

week 2
with every Matt Jones catch........"that's good for me because I have him in my fantasy league"

aren't these NATIONAL broadcasters supposed to keep an impartial point of view. How can one be impartial while clearly rooting for his fantasy players?

I think the crew is disfunctional. Not only is Kornheiser a joke, but Theisman is a bum too. On one play Theisman states that Roethlisberger is definitely back. Three plays later he is talking about how Ben just isn't playing well and that it will take him a few more weeks to get to where he was last year. Kornheiser called him on it too to create one of their MANY awkward moments where they are butting heads.

On PTI Kornheiser and Wilbon always played Devil's Advocate to each other, and that was just part of the show and you could tell the two were having fun with it. On MNF, Kornheiser plays Devil's Advocate to Theisman and you get the sense that Theisman wants to ring his neck.

That crew absolutely sucks. Announcers should enhance the game not be a distraction. I suggest muting the TV and listening to Marv and Boomer on the radio. I listened to them on the way home last night and they are 100 times better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes