PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kornheiser On Espn Mnf - A Doofus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SVN said:
its all about hype and hyperbole with espn...why do they have jamie foxx last week and dwayne wade this week in the booth in the middle of a regular season football game ???
To me, that was the most annoying thing about the broadcast, by far. On the one hand, they hype every MNF game as though it's the most momentous event in the history of the universe, and then on the other hand they treat it like a sideshow by doing irrelevant interviews while the game is underway. Sheer stupidity. If you want to interview Dwayne Wade, fine, but do it during halftime.

Second place award for most annoying thing about the broadcast goes to Kornheiser's babbling about who is on his fantasy team. Here's a clue Kornbrain - we don't give a shizzle who is on your fantasy team.

Clearly I am in the minority here but I like Tony. I do not know too many announcers that sound great during a boring game. The game last night was sad and I did not stay until the end because of that. No announcer was going to be able to do anything to keep me up. I will stay up all night to watch a bad Patriots game but when there is work in the morning thats where I draw the line.

I do not like Theisman so much. He does contradict himself and has made some statements that leave one wondering what he is talking about. I enjoy it when Tony calls him out on the statements.

With all that said I would like to see Jaws with the MNF crew instead of Theisman.

I will agree that Tony's fantasy football comments are annoying even to someone like me who is a big fantasy football fan

Tony's fantasy football comments literally make me cringe because they are so stupid and irrelevant, but other than that, I get a huge kick out of how much he obviously bothers Theismann. Their little bicker-fest about whether the game was over or not and what about the Giants/Philly game yesterday and anything can happen (Tony: yeah, but nothing's happened yet) was cracking me up. It is not GOOD commentating by any stretch, but it sure entertains me as it spirals into greater and greater lunacy.

Bring in some interns, a couple of joe college boys and girls, heck, a couple of high school kids would do a better job.

I'm a big fan of Tony on PTI and I loved his radio show, but unfortunately he sucks on MNF with Tirico and Theisman. I think it would be entertaining to see Wilbon take Theisman's spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back