PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kneejerk reactions: Post-Buccaneer game roster edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New England Patriots have the following defensive tackles under contract for the 2013-14 NFL Season:

Vince Wilfork
Kyle Love
Brandon Deaderick (better suited as a five technique defensive lineman)

A DL was my top choice too. But Ron Brace is developing now, finally, so my inclination is for another big DL edge rusher as a bookend. If Pryor ever gets healthy, we have the J Green, M Wright penetrating replacment. Vince isn't exactly Richard Seymour nor is Chandler Jones exactly Willie McGinnest, nor is Brandon Dedrick anything but a similacrum for Ty Warren, but the similarities are there, nonetheless.

With Marcus Cannon as a swing ie non-playing RT, I would rather spend the money on a 1-2 year stop-gap in Andre Carter, awaiting Jake Bequette's development into a Mike Anderson.

Last edited:
I guess then Brian Hoyer will end up in the hospital Wednesday night after facing the NY Giants defensive line.

Our daddy's starting DL won't be playing much, if at all on Wednesday;
so Hoyer gets spared the executioner's axe.

Last edited:
A DL was my top choice too. But Ron Brace is developing now, finally, so my inclination is for another big DL edge rusher as a bookend.
Ron Brace will be an unrestricted free agent so he may get an offer elsewhere that does not correspond to the market value assessed by the New England Patriots organization.

If Pryor ever gets healthy, we have the J Green, M Wright penetrating replacment.
Myron Pryor will an unrestricted free agent, as well. Big IF on Pryor, his health, and his production as an interior pass rusher.

Vince isn't exactly Richard Seymour nor is Chandler Jones exactly Willie McGinnest, nor is Brandon Deaderick anything but a similacrum for Ty Warren, but the similarities are there, nonetheless.
It seems the New England Patriots has transitioned to a 4-3 defensive scheme.

With Marcus Cannon as a swing ie non-playing RT
We can agree to disagree about Marcus Cannon's ability to play offensive tackle in the NFL.

I would rather spend the money on a 1-2 year stop-gap in Andre Carter, awaiting Jake Bequette's development into a Mike Anderson.
The New England Patriots have Cunningham, Scott, Ninkovich, Bequette to play the left defensive end position in the 4-3 defensive alignment. The New England Patriots need to consider the following unrestricted free agents for the 2013-14 NFL Season in lieu of Andre Carter:

Ron Brace
Myron Pryor
Trevor Scott
Bobby Carpenter
Niko Koutouvides
Patrick Chung
Kyle Arrington
Will Allen/Marquice Cole

I guess then Brian Hoyer will end up in the hospital Wednesday night after facing the NY Giants defensive line.

I was thinking more along the lines of hiring some scrub QB for the game. Better yet, a tackling dummy at QB :)

I was thinking more along the lines of hiring some scrub QB for the game. Better yet, a tackling dummy at QB :)
Julian Edelman draws the ire of a number of posters on the PatsFans message board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsWickedPissah
Ich auch!
Er ist sehr gross!
Er ist Seefische!

He sure is!

He sure is!

Actually, no -- Er ist der Seebarsch.

But really Er ist der grosse Basti!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes