PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kneejerk reactions: Post-Buccaneer game roster edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
... and if you were in charge ,Tip, Matt Light would have been a HS Coach these last 10 years. That is unless you don't really believe that "snap judgment".
Knee-jerk reactions thread!

Never ever lose your sense of humor!

At least at right tackle. I thought he was projected to play RT guard when he was drafted.
I would personally like to see Marcus Cannon at right guard versus the NY Giants Wednesday night.

At least at right tackle. I thought he was projected to play RT guard when he was drafted.

I'm pretty sure that he was, at least that's what he played at TCU the majority of his time, if I'm not mistaken.

It remains to be seen whether or not Belichick will decide to try and develop his interior skills or continue to use him as a potential tackle here in the future, but as of now Belichick said that he thinks he has the skills to be an NFL tackle.

As others have astutely mentioned, our backup LBs - save Carpenter, I hope - really suck bad.
I miss Dane Fletcher already.

And TFB should never, evah, take another snap from center whenever Marcus Cannon is the RT.

As others have astutely mentioned, our backup LBs - save Carpenter, I hope - really suck bad.
I miss Dane Fletcher already.

And TFB should never, evah, take another snap from center whenever Marcus Cannon is the RT.

Cheers to that, my friend. Here's hoping that Cannon was just keeping Vollmer's seat warm...

If not, they'd better bring in some other competition. Cannon may end up doing just fine, but he's certainly not appearing to be ready as of yet.

Offensive tackle should be placed very high on the New England Patriots priority list for the 2013 NFL Draft, especially with Sebastian Vollmer's back issues.

FYI: Pats-Bucs replay...NFL Network 1:00 PM

Today...Sunday Aug 26

This was probably my favorite part of the game!

It was fun though. I think this game seriously shows how important Welker is in these games and the way the Patriots play ball. Also, i really don't like Cannon too much. I was screaming my arse off at him on that sack where Brady got killed.

Attachments

• DSCN2911.jpg
    DSCN2911.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 99
Offensive tackle should be placed very high on the New England Patriots priority list for the 2013 NFL Draft, especially with Sebastian Vollmer's back issues.

Unfortunately, good OTs appear as rare as franchise QBs this year. There will a lot of competition for them in the draft next year.

Unfortunately, good OTs appear as rare as franchise QBs this year. There will a lot of competition for them in the draft next year.
A second round selection should suffice.

The O-line concerns are "Much Ado About Nothing" for this season!

But I concur that a high pick, probably a second rounder, should be allocated to a lineman, as this will certainly be Waters and Koppens last season.

The question is who do they spend the First Rounder on? A DL, a WR, a DB, or a QB?...or a TE??

The question is who do they spend the First Rounder on? A DL, a WR, a DB, or a QB?...or a TE??
The New England Patriots have the following defensive tackles under contract for the 2013-14 NFL Season:

Vince Wilfork
Kyle Love
Brandon Deaderick (better suited as a five technique defensive lineman)

I would personally like to see Marcus Cannon at right guard versus the NY Giants Wednesday night.

I'd rather he gets as much practice as a RT as possible considering his poor play and Vollmers frailties. Just so long as it's not TB quaterbacking.

I'd rather he gets as much practice as a RT as possible considering his poor play and Vollmers frailties. Just so long as it's not TB quarterbacking.
I guess then Brian Hoyer will end up in the hospital Wednesday night after facing the NY Giants defensive line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye