Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kevin Jones update per Schefter

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by slash83, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slash83

slash83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -0

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

Free agent Kevin Jones (ACL surgery) is no longer scheduled to hold a public workout on June 28, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Jones feels he showed enough during his visits with the Titans and Patriots, his late-May open audition, and a mid-June drill run-through. Despite all the positive reports about Jones' rehab, Schefter interestingly suggests that the unsigned tailback might not be capable of passing a physical.

2. TealSox

TealSox Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fishy.....

Jones thinks he has shown enough in two private work outs so bails on a public work out. Just doesn't make sense if he is perfectly healthy and wants to get paid. Are the Titans or Pats telling his agent that Jones is a lock to be signed to a contract? If so, then it would make sense not to work out with money on the table.

3. tombonneau

tombonneau In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +17 / 4 / -0

Currently healthy or not, not sure how the Texans aren't looking at this guy. Seems like he'd be a perfect fit for their zone blocking scheme. To that end, the Broncos (down one Travis Henry) seem like another logical landing place. Esp. given Shanny's penchant for collecting other team's former first round picks.

4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

IMO He's hiding something. He has never proved to be one of the elite backs in the league because of the team that drafted him sucked or because of injureis. I read that he said he wasn't going to settle for short money,because of his past history. But he has never really proved that he is an elite back,and by useing these tactics he knows it and is trying to put an air of mystery to the whole situation I.E. "I've proven to you all that i'm an elite back and thats it take it or leave it". At his prices I'll leave it.
    He and his agent are trying to get somebody desperate for a RB to bit and say fvk it lets sign him hopefully he'll be ok.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  5. K-Ro 25

K-Ro 25 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Wait, the titans need another RB?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  6. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

Oh, okay. Nice attitude. F you. Have fun in Tennessee.

7. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +197 / 15 / -3

Jones has always had his handlers, with family being the prime advisers. He has always played these coy games. It's his history.

I would stay a mile away from him.

8. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -4

The Texans took a rookie RB in the draft. They don't need to take a chance on a guy coming off serious injury...

Anyways back to KJ news. This does sound fishy. Either A) He doesn't believe he can perform well in the public workout or B) He has an agreement in place with one of the teams that saw him in a private auditon.

I won't be holding my breath waiting. If he signs with us, he signs. It is what it is.

9. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

thats what i was thinking. another running back? how about a wr for their qb. :rolleyes:

this is why its great to be a pats fan. look at the front office of the titans versus the pats.

10. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I agree..it sounds like a way to pplay games for the pay...I would go very quietly away unless they know more....To me games like that ALWAYS are bad news...

11. Icculus

Icculus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am very happy with the RB situation. I don't think the Pats need the headache this guy is turning out to be.....

12. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I am not sure this is worth reading too much into. I thought the public work out was kind of weird and desperate. Maybe he was told that or maybe he is being truthful that he did enough in those private workouts. If a team want to have him in for a private workout they still can. Or maybe the conspiracies are right and he is hiding something. Either way I am happy with our RB situation and he would be an added peice to compete but not sure he would be a lock.

13. Char2na

Char2na Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Perhaps hes come to terms with someone or is getting close and they told him not to do it. If I was about to sign the guy I wouldn't want him cutting back and forth on that bad boy.

14. PatsFan37

PatsFan37 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -1

#37 Jersey

I agree. I don't buy the conspiracy theory. It's no sweat for a team to bring him in for a workout and he can't anything there.

15. BPF

BPF In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

He did have his workout after all per PFT:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/29/kevin-jones-workout-draws-only-four-teams/

16. wiggins!

wiggins! Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

17. flyonthewall

flyonthewall On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I actually think that he would be productive here and would help our run game especially late in the season. The question is whether or not having him as a backup is worth the roster spot that could go towards strengthening another aspect of our team. I would have to say no.

18. FootballCEO

FootballCEO Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would stay away from Kevin Jones... hasn't showed anything special to warrant this much attention. IMHO, the Pats are better off with the current stable of backs.

19. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,062 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

Per Shefter today, Tampa Bay is one of the only remaining teams interested in Jones so his health might be going downhill once more. If that's the case than that is a shame. He used to be a helluva running back (even behind the Lions offensive line).

20. BRiZ

BRiZ Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.