PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keshawn Martin, Another Under the Radar Addition for the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a difference maker on reputation, mostly. He had some good moments, but he also got torched by Jordy Nelson and Doug flippin Baldwin on crossing routes, which showed me he can't turn his hips as fast anymore. Yeah, it helped that teams barely threw to his side. Helped a lot.

Teams will eventually pick up on it. They see Revis and say "I'm not throwing there". K. Let's see what the Patriots do...assuming he's playing in that one.

No sense in continuing this debate. You're wrong

He was a difference maker on reputation, mostly. He had some good moments, but he also got torched by Jordy Nelson and Doug flippin Baldwin on crossing routes, which showed me he can't turn his hips as fast anymore. Yeah, it helped that teams barely threw to his side. Helped a lot.

Teams will eventually pick up on it. They see Revis and say "I'm not throwing there". K. Let's see what the Patriots do...assuming he's playing in that one.

I'd say mix of both. About, 75% Talent / 25% Rep. Everyone gets torched every now and then. But he definitely wasn't thrown at much either which could have obscured any shortcomings. That in itself helped the D, allowing them to simplify and overload the gameplan. So Rep was part of D. That's why when top end talent hits the decline, it seems like the blink of an eye. It's a double whammy (not saying Revis is there at all, just general musing, BTW. But it might explain why he so desired that looong term guaranteed deal).

That all said and seeing it unfold so far this year, I'm now even more convinced Revis' salary was astutely used elsewhere this season and beyond. No way NE was going to pay that anyway, so it really is a moot point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe