PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kerry Rhodes: "We want to embarass the Patriots"(Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the Pats please go after Kerry Rhodes like they did Anthony Smith?

Because the Jets would ******* destroy them if they did. Rhodes is a beast.

Can the Pats please go after Kerry Rhodes like they did Anthony Smith?

Because the Jets would ******* destroy them if they did. Rhodes is a beast.

Anthony Smith sucked the Pats knew they could take advantage of him. Rhodes is a good football player I doubt the Pats single him out for the comments he made.

I think the Jets are playing head games with themselves, one thing I no for sure is that all this talking wont effect the Patriots in any negative ways. The more they talk the more it seems like to me and maybe to them that they have to win this game, cause with all of the trash talking they have been doing if they go out and lose, whether its close or a blowout; I think it could have a lasting effect on the team from top to bottom. All of the pressure to win is on the Jets, lets see how they deal with this pressure now that they expect to win.

Last edited:
suck.jpg

I already think that Ryan lacks as a coach, because this trash talking crap has ALWAYS backfired when playing the Patriots. If they hoped for anything less than 100% focus by the Patriots, then they (the Jets) blew any chance of that

Anthony Smith sucked the Pats knew they could take advantage of him. Rhodes is a good football player I doubt the Pats single him out for the comments he made.

I think the Jets are playing head games with themselves, one thing I no for sure is that all this talking wont effect the Patriots in any negative ways. The more they talk the more it seems like to me and maybe to them that they have to win this game, cause with all of the trash talking they have been doing if they go out and lose, whether its close or a blowout; I think it could have a lasting effect on the team from top to bottom. All of the pressure to win is on the Jets, lets see how they deal with this pressure now that they expect to win.

Actually, I think Rhodes will be vulnerable in this game. He's a fine player, no doubt. But he in particular and the Jets in general are so hyped up for this game that I think they will be a bit out of control, and will be overly aggressive. The should open up a lot of opportunities for TB to exploit.

I'm a diehard Patriot fan but if I was to put emotion aside, I wouldn't put any money on this game.

The Jets played well last week. Is that the real Jets or just a one week performance against the lowly Texans? Same for Sanchez's performance. The Patriots have a whole bunch of new faces on defense. Even playing at home, last week against Buff, I thought the results were mixed. Is this a defense that can make stops and get off the field? Is Brady all the way back or still a bit rusty?

This game definitely shapes these two teams for the near term (who plays well in December is most key however).

I think people are putting too much emphasis on a week one win. In 2005 the Miami Dolphins beat the Denver Broncos in week one and the Phins sucked that year. The Broncos went to the playoffs that year and the lost to the eventual Super Bowl Champions, the Pittsburgh Steelers. On top of that, the Broncos beat us on their way to get there.

Let's put things in perspective. Matt Schaub was playing hurt, (high ankle sprain I think). Their offense had little depth at wide receiver. As a result, they used guys that Matt Schaub was not in sync with. Also, their defense is young and a work in progress. They had an injured Cushing covering established vets; they had journey men going up against Nick Mangold, (one of the best centers in the league); and Dunta Robinson (their best player in the secondary) just showed up to the team that week.

You could see on Sunday that the Texans were not prepared for that game. That's why they played poorly. Yes Sanchez played well. Yes the defense got pressure on Matt Schuab. However, we all know that good preparation and planning can make good players look great. The fact of the matter is that Bart Scott, and David Harris together still don't equal Ray Lewis. Kerry Rhodes is no Ed Reed. And we beat Ed Reed and Ray Lewis with Bart Scott. We did it with less depth on the O-line, Tight end, and Running back.

The defense can talk all it wants, but we have enough to beat them. The problem is our defense. I think the defensive line will be ok. I think our corners will be fine. The players that really have to step up for us to win on Sunday are our safeties and our line backers.

If we have someone like a Gary Guyton or a Brandon Meriweather spy Washington or Jones, we can shut them down. At that point, it would be up to our corners to handle the Jests receivers one on one. If that holds, the Jets tight ends will give us the most trouble. If we can confuse Sanchez, force him to stay in the pocket, hurry his throws, and throw off balance, he may need his tight ends to stay home and protect him from the Pats pass rush.

I already think that Ryan lacks as a coach, because this trash talking crap has ALWAYS backfired when playing the Patriots.

Joey Porter says hello. ;)

I'm a diehard Patriot fan but if I was to put emotion aside, I wouldn't put any money on this game.

The Jets played well last week. Is that the real Jets or just a one week performance against the lowly Texans? Same for Sanchez's performance. The Patriots have a whole bunch of new faces on defense. Even playing at home, last week against Buff, I thought the results were mixed. Is this a defense that can make stops and get off the field? Is Brady all the way back or still a bit rusty?

This game definitely shapes these two teams for the near term (who plays well in December is most key however).

Week #1 2008: Pats eke by weak KC team at home and lose Brady for the year. Jets win on the road.

The week leading up to the second game was interesting in the press.

Yawn. Been here seen that.

Gary Guyton has waaaaaay more on-field NFL experience than Matt Cassel did.

Last edited:
This guy is absolutely stupid. Rhodes = Anthony Smith. Can't wait for Brady to get in his face

I'm not a Jets fans by any stretch, but Rhodes is 10x better player then Smith.

After looking at Football Outsiders take on the Jets pass defense, it's clear the way to attack them is their linebackers. Their LBs are brutal against the pass (Pace was the worst, obviously, he won't be there), and if we can get Watson, Welker or Faulk against any of those guys, that's what we oughta do. Revis, Rhodes & Leonard all have very good success rates. Sheppard as noted as the most inconsistent CB in the league, looking as one of the best in one season, but noted as one of the worst in the league in another three separate seasons.

All this trash talk and "motivation" by Rex could backfire on him in the way of discipline. If his boys fall behind, or some unfortunate turn of events happens in the 4th quarter of a close game, we could witness another Baltimore 2007-style breakdown. It's a definite gamble. The Jets have to win this game now. Like Edwards said about Buffalo, it seems the Jets are putting all their eggs in one basket.

Last edited:
I'm not a Jets fans by any stretch, but Rhodes is 10x better player then Smith.

That's not saying much. Smith is awful and I've always thought that Rhodes was extremely overrated.

iam more surprised at the media saying that whatever the jets say is all good and it doesnt mean anything its good to hear this. if the pats say something like this then iam sure it will be perceived as arrogance

That's not saying much. Smith is awful and I've always thought that Rhodes was extremely overrated.

Rhodes was off last year but prior to that he was excellent. Good blitzer, Good tackler, makes plays in the passing game.

I know Kerry Rhodes' legions of new fans will all want to catch him on NFL Live today. Via Twitter.

kerryrhodes: everybody tune into NFL LIVE at 4 eastern time im gonna call in and talk to those guys 4 a minute.

Heh.

Last edited:
I'm sure you'll all appreciate Rodney Harrison's new embrace of objective journalism. Heh. Via Twitter:

Rodneyh37: Kerry Rhodes is not really a tough guy, i saw him pass on plenty of tackles... i want to see what kind of game he brings Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back