PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

KDPPatsfan85 1 Round Mock Draft with Trades 4/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
First off, Happy 111th Birthday to my fraternity KAPPA DELTA PHI!! Second, a lot of QB's taken in this mock than any other.

1 - CAR: Newton, Cam - QB - Auburn
Panthers arent high on clausen and decide to take a QB. With the first pick they take Newton.

2 - DEN: Dareus, Marcell - DT - Alabama
Broncos need to upgrade their defensive Line. They take the best DT in the draft.

3 - SF: Gabbert, Blaine - QB - Missouri
Niners trade #7, #76, #108, and a 2012 2nd to take Gabbert. Alex Smith sucks so they make the move.

4 - CIN: Green, A.J. - WR - Georgia
Unsure what will happen with Palmer, they need to get younger at WR. They take the best WR in the draft.

5 - HOU: Peterson, Patrick - CB - LSU
Trade #11, #73, #105, and a 2012 4th for the best CB in the draft. Their secondary is hurting and they see that Peterson is the answer

6 - CLE: Fairley, Nick - DT - Auburn
Cleveland sees Fairly fall this fars and snatches him up.

7 - BUF: Miller, Von - OLB - Texas A&M
Traded #3 to 49ers. They took a chance, but Miller still fell to them. They get a steal and value for Miller at this pick.

8 - TEN: Bowers, Da'Quan - DE - Clemson
Titans need a pure pass rusher and thats what they get with Bowers.

9 - STL: Jones, Julio - WR - Alabama
Traded # 14, #78, 2012 5th. In fear that Redskins would take Jones, they trade up to grab their guy.

10 - DET: Amukamara, Prince - CB - Nebraska
Traded #13 and #75. Detroit has huge holes at CB. They trade up to grab Prince.

11 - ARI: Quinn, Robert - DE - North Carolina
After trading down, they grab Quinn who will play OLB in their 3-4 defense.

12 - SD: Watt, J.J. - DE - Wisconsin
Traded #18 and #61. They traded up to grab Watt before any other team takes him.

13 - WAS: Locker, Jake - QB - Washington
After trading down since they lost Jones to the Rams. They reach a bit and take Locker.

14 - DAL: Smith, Tyron - OT - USC
They trade down and take the best OT in the draft. I wouldnt be surprised if they take Pouncey here if not smith.

15 - MIA: Ingram, Mark - RB - Alabama
Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams possibly gone, they take the best RB in the draft.

16 - JAX: Kerrigan, Ryan - DE - Purdue
He fits their scheme perfectly and they are very high on him.

17 - NE: Jordan, Cameron - DE - California
Watt off the board, Quinn off the board, they decide to take the next best DE.

18 - MIN: Mallett, Ryan - QB - Arkansas
They traded down hoping to grab Locker, so they reach and take Mallett.

19 - NYG: Castonzo, Anthony - OT - Boston College
Giants need to upgrade their whole offensive line.

20 - TB: Smith, Aldon - DE - Missouri
They need a DE that can rush the passer and set the edge. Smith is their guy.

21 - KC: Clayborn, Adrian - DE - Iowa
A great pick up by the Chiefs.

22 - IND: Pouncey, Mike - OG - Florida
Colts need help on the offensive line. Hopefully Manning stops blaming everyone but himself

23 - PHI: Smith, Jimmy - CB - Colorado
Hobbs retiring, they take the best available CB on the board.

24 - NO: Liuget, Corey - DT - Illinois
Saints need to upgrade their defensive line and Liuget can disrupt the pocket.

25 - SEA: Carimi, Gabe - OT - Wisconsin
All the QB's they wanted are already off the board. They take an OT to protect their future QB.

26 - BAL: Sherrod, Derek - OT - Mississippi St.
They need to protect Flacco and other than Oher their Oline is getting old.

27 - ATL: Heyward, Cameron - DE - Ohio State
They need a WR but there isnt one in this spot that has value. They need help on the defensive line and Heyward is a great fit for the falcons.

28 - GB: Houston, Justin - DE - Georgia
Traded #32, #127, and #163 to Patriots. In fear of the Jets or any other team taking Houston they trade up for him.

29 - CHI: Wilkerson, Muhammad - DT - Temple
Their biggest need is DT and Wilkerson is a beast. Enough said.

30 - NYJ: Ayers, Akeem - OLB - UCLA
Jets have a lot of needs. Rex Ryan would be up for a lifetime supply of twinkies, but they need help to bring their defense back to greatness.

31 - PIT: Williams, Aaron - CB - Texas
They need some serious help at CB. Pouncey gone, they decide to take the next best CB in the draft.

32 - NE: Reed, Brooks - DE - Arizona
Patriots need a pass rusher. Reed is a little raw but can get to the QB. It would be either him or watkins then at #33 would be him or watkins. You make the call.

From FFToolbox.com KDPPatriots's 1rd Mock with TRADES

Im ready for the firing squad. Have at it. :bricks:

Last edited:
First of all, good effort. I'll just offer a few comments on selected picks:

3 - SF: Gabbert, Blaine - QB - Missouri
Niners trade #7, #76, #108, and a 2012 2nd to take Gabbert. Alex Smith sucks so they make the move.

I think Harbaugh is going to roll one more year with Alex Smith, a free agent vet, or a later draft pick and try to get into position to get a QB next year. Despite that crap division they play in, they could be in contention for first overall next year.

5 - HOU: Peterson, Patrick - CB - LSU
Trade #11, #73, #105, and a 2012 4th for the best CB in the draft. Their secondary is hurting and they see that Peterson is the answer

I have a hard time seeing the Cardinals trading this pick, especially for that package. They could really, really use Peterson or Von Miller themselves and can't see them trading way down.

9 - STL: Jones, Julio - WR - Alabama
Traded # 14, #78, 2012 5th. In fear that Redskins would take Jones, they trade up to grab their guy.

I like this move for the Rams, but again, I question why Dallas would move down 5 spots when you figure Smith and Amukamara are probably their two targets. I also think the Titans are going to take a hard look at Julio given Kenny Britt's off-field adventures.

12 - SD: Watt, J.J. - DE - Wisconsin
Traded #18 and #61. They traded up to grab Watt before any other team takes him.

Yeah, this seems very realistic on both ends.

17 - NE: Jordan, Cameron - DE - California
Watt off the board, Quinn off the board, they decide to take the next best DE.

Given the way this is going, I like the pick.

22 - IND: Pouncey, Mike - OG - Florida
Colts need help on the offensive line.

Yes they do, but especially on the outside. Carimi, Shaw, Solder probably make more sense here.

27 - ATL: Heyward, Cameron - DE - Ohio State
They need a WR but there isnt one in this spot that has value. They need help on the defensive line and Heyward is a great fit for the falcons.

First time I've seen him pegged to a 4-3 team. Interesting. I think his value is lower to the 4-3 squads.

[quote028 - GB: Houston, Justin - DE - Georgia
Traded #32, #127, and #163 to Patriots. In fear of the Jets or any other team taking Houston they trade up for him.[/quote]

Seems to be a reach, and not at a particular position of need, but as the Champs they have that luxury.

31 - PIT: Williams, Aaron - CB - Texas
They need some serious help at CB. Pouncey gone, they decide to take the next best CB in the draft.

First time I've seen him in the first round in a long, long, time.

32 - NE: Reed, Brooks - DE - Arizona
Patriots need a pass rusher. Reed is a little raw but can get to the QB. It would be either him or watkins then at #33 would be him or watkins. You make the call.

Don't like it. Could stand Watkins there, though. Again, good job and thanks.

Last edited:
14 - DAL: Smith, Tyron - OT - USC
They trade down and take the best OT in the draft. I wouldnt be surprised if they take Pouncey here if not smith.

Makes sense for DAL to move down for two reasons, one of which you mention. First, Pouncey could be there if Smith isn't. Second, taking a right tackle in the top 10 is like taking a kicker in the first round [shout out to Raider Nation].

Interesting draft. Like the Jordan pick there with Watt off the board. On the other hand I think Reed lasts into round 2 but he's not a bad pick if he turns out to be a good player. And that's the key, do the Pats give any OLB conversion project in this draft a round 1 grade?

First of all, good effort. I'll just offer a few comments on selected picks:

I think Harbaugh is going to roll one more year with Alex Smith, a free agent vet, or a later draft pick and try to get into position to get a QB next year. Despite that crap division they play in, they could be in contention for first overall next year.

I have a hard time seeing the Cardinals trading this pick, especially for that package. They could really, really use Peterson or Von Miller themselves and can't see them trading way down.

I like this move for the Rams, but again, I question why Dallas would move down 5 spots when you figure Smith and Amukamara are probably their two targets. I also think the Titans are going to take a hard look at Julio given Kenny Britt's off-field adventures.

Yeah, this seems very realistic on both ends.

Given the way this is going, I like the pick.

Yes they do, but especially on the outside. Carimi, Shaw, Solder probably make more sense here.

First time I've seen him pegged to a 4-3 team. Interesting. I think his value is lower to the 4-3 squads.

[quote028 - GB: Houston, Justin - DE - Georgia
Traded #32, #127, and #163 to Patriots. In fear of the Jets or any other team taking Houston they trade up for him.

Seems to be a reach, and not at a particular position of need, but as the Champs they have that luxury.

First time I've seen him in the first round in a long, long, time.

Don't like it. Could stand Watkins there, though. Again, good job and thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hey DH, when are you gonna post your annual 7 round monster Mock?? You know your fans await!

Great job KDP. I like this one a lot more than yesterday, FWIW. I think it's a lot more realistic.

You did a nice job focusing on team needs, and predicting some possible trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back