PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just got the Sporting News Draft Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the regular weekly edition and they have updated their rankings on their value baord.

Here is their 7 round Patriots mock

24 Meriweather - Assuming the Pats clear his background check, I'd see him as a CB here.
28 Harris:rocker: okay
91 Tarell Brown CB, TX could be a good one or a bust Two misdemeanor charges for possession in 7 months, what are they thinking giving him to the Pats? Dropped charges and being in the same car aside, the kid is not making good choices.
127 Dwayne Wright RB Fresno:rocker: H'mmm
171 Rhema MCKnght WR ND okay value here
180 Chris Bender OT Nicholls State Have to look him up good pick-up
202 Chris Denman OT Fresno H'mmm
208 Maurice Price WR Charleston So. have to look him up okay
209 Tyler Ecker RE Mich H'mmm
247 Jason Trusnick DE Ohio Northern - have to look him up Likely looking prospect
I'll need to control my enthusiasm.

Here is my mock. I went easy on Sebman and went and found it.

Pats trade #24 for #38 and # 69 and a 3rd in 2008..

#28 - Darelle Revis - CB
#38 - Brian Leonard - FB/RB
#69 - Stewart Bradly - ILB/OLB
#91 - Zak DeOssie - ILB/OLB
#127 - Sabby Piscatelli - SS
#171 - John Wendling - FS
#180 - Allan Barbre - OT
#202 - Usama Young - CB
#208 - Chris Davis - WR
#209- Anthony Waters - ILB
#247 - Will Herring - FS
Bump Waters up in place of Barbre and plug either Bender (Nicholls State) or Hall (Texas A&M) in at 209 and you've sold me.

#28 - Darelle Revis - CB
I hope he's still on the board, since I have him ranked as the number one CB in this draft for NE.
#38 - Brian Leonard - FB/RB
I've said in the past that I wouldn't take him in the first round, but I'd be fine with taking him in the second round.
#69 - Stewart Bradly - ILB/OLB
I like him, and like the pick. This is probably around where he will actually go.
#91 - Zak DeOssie - ILB/OLB
I like DeOssie but I do think some of us overrate him a little. I'd rather take him in the fourth round if he was on the board. I don't really see him playing ILB either. (He even said he wants to play OLB).
#127 - Sabby Piscatelli - SS
Good pick if he last that long.
#171 - John Wendling - FS
I doubt he's still on the board. Wendling is one of my favorite Safeties so I probably would have taken Wendling where you selected Piscitelli
#180 - Allan Barbre - OT
Good zone blocker, but he needs to get stronger. He'd be good value if he last this long, since he's expected to go in the 4th-5th rounds.
#202 - Usama Young - CB
I like the player, but think he's already off the board.
#208 - Chris Davis - WR
I really like this guy, and think he would fit the offense well. He's on my short list of WR's for NE, and I actually have him ranked higher on my list than some of the early round WR's (in terms of his fit for the offense).
#209- Anthony Waters - ILB
I had him in my mock draft, but I think it was in the fifth round. Do you think he'll last this long, since everyone seems to think he's progressing well?
#247 - Will Herring - FS
He has the size and speed to play SS, and he played LB so he should be a pretty tough player. Some question if he'll ever be a starter, but that's generally why these guy's are late round picks.

going back to your comments on Tarrell Brown. I haven't advocated drafting him because of the same reason's you cited, so I actually agree with you there. I have Rhema McNight on my list, but at or close to the bottom of it. I basically agreed with a lot of what you said, I was just wondering about your own mocks, because I couldn't remember reading them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes