PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Judge orders "good faith" settlement talks today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one scary thought that occurred to me. This isn't just Tom Brady's court case; its Tom's and the NFLPA's. Now the PA's goals and Tom's goals don't always coincide. There are several kinds of settlements that might meet the PA's needs, but not Tom's.

For example a settlement that includes 0 games and a fine, would be a big win for the PA, but forever seal Tom's legacy as a cheat. I worry that the PA might pressure Tom to do the right thing for the PA and take a deal. I desperately hope he resists.
No that is not a win for the NFLPA

Daniel Wallach ‏@WALLACHLEGAL 9h9 hours agoDania Beach, FL
Daniel Wallach retweeted Raffi Melkonian

Unless "Robing Room" is open to public, Brady vs. NFL settlement conference is strictly a private affair:

Daniel Wallach added,

CMImrm3UYAAntP_.png

Raffi Melkonian @RMFifthCircuit
Here is the very brief order from J. Berman re: #DEFLATEGATE @WALLACHLEGAL @StephStradley

George Atallah ‏@GeorgeAtallah 9h9 hours ago
What happens in the Robing Room, stays in the Robing Room. #Robingroom

Raffi Melkonian ‏@RMFifthCircuit 8h8 hours ago
Raffi Melkonian retweeted Jeff Brauner

The courtroom is open to the public.But the order this am says some of hearing will be in robing room, which isn't.

Raffi Melkonian added,

Jeff Brauner @Football_expert
@RMFifthCircuit is Brady hearing open to public? If so what is the process to attend and where?

Daniel Wallach ‏@WALLACHLEGAL 9h9 hours agoDania Beach, FL
Daniel Wallach retweeted Raffi Melkonian

Unless "Robing Room" is open to public, Brady vs. NFL settlement conference is strictly a private affair:

Daniel Wallach added,

CMImrm3UYAAntP_.png

Raffi Melkonian @RMFifthCircuit
Here is the very brief order from J. Berman re: #DEFLATEGATE @WALLACHLEGAL @StephStradley

George Atallah ‏@GeorgeAtallah 9h9 hours ago
What happens in the Robing Room, stays in the Robing Room. #Robingroom

Raffi Melkonian ‏@RMFifthCircuit 8h8 hours ago
Raffi Melkonian retweeted Jeff Brauner

The courtroom is open to the public.But the order this am says some of hearing will be in robing room, which isn't.

Raffi Melkonian added,

Jeff Brauner @Football_expert
@RMFifthCircuit is Brady hearing open to public? If so what is the process to attend and where?

SVN-

A "robing room" is the room adjacent to the courtroom (literally the room the judge throws his robe on). It is a conference room as well. Settlement conferences are not open to the public.

The court calendar has it listed as a conference, not a "status conference" which likely would be public.

From the court calendar:

Nat'l Football League Mgmt Council v. Nat'l Football League Players Asso. 15-CV-5916 Conference Berman DPM 17B 8/12/15 11:00 AM

The reports say that after the robing room stuff Berman plans to have a hearing on the merits of the case. I would expect that part will be public.

Dale Arnold kept calling it the dis-robing room. ;)

ESPN is reporting that Brady's side was stubborn and not negotiating in good faith while Goodell and the NFL made overtures to a settlement on Wednesday in Berman's court. And Berman, signaled that he was leaning towards siding in the NFL's favor.......
Oh wait it hasn't happened yet.? Doesn't matter ESPN already has the story written and read to be released and it likely will be similar to what I wrote!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back