PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jones intercepted pass hits sky-cam cable

The problem many posters have expressed is that Mac's passes are "moon" balls.

Last edited:
It actually looks like the DB had it lined up anyway and made a good play even better by quick reaction to the deflection which doesn't look like a huge deflection. Wtf though get the hell out of the way with the equipment I thought they always had to trail the play.

I've watched this multiple times and I don't see the ball hitting the wire.

Regardless, the DB was coming from downfield, so it's not like the pass otherwise would've been completed but fell into a defender's arm because it clipped the wire. The DB just would've slowed his closing speed to adjust to the trajectory of the ball.

Bad decision, bad pass.

I've watched this multiple times and I don't see the ball hitting the wire.

Regardless, the DB was coming from downfield, so it's not like the pass otherwise would've been completed but fell into a defender's arm because it clipped the wire. The DB just would've slowed his closing speed to adjust to the trajectory of the ball.

Bad decision, bad pass.
Ball would have blown dead if they had caught it hitting the wire and the ball wouldn't have been ruled an interception. Would have been a situation where they would have just ruled it dead and replayed the down.

Someone else posted this - which would have applied to that situation:
1666748066515.png

I don't think it actually touched the wire.

The trajectory of the ball does not appear to change, there is no visible impact where the wire reacts to the ball, the spin rate isn't altered.

Those wires are presumably made of a strong metal components. Even if the ball had grazed it, there is going to be a very obvious change in trajectory/travel.

The problem many posters have expressed is that Mac passes throws "moon" balls.
Even gravity was like what the??
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
:rofl:

That Wells guy from the FBI should be paid top dollar, by the Patriots, to objectively determine whether the ball's trajectory was altered. If that one's wasn't, they should be able to say that they really meant that ball when they found another ball with an altered trajectory.

Watched it with my feed. Imho, it definitely grazed it. Pretty good spiral/rotation then all of a sudden got nudged off its axis with a noticeable dip afterwards. Sounds like I disagree with dreighver.

Oh well. That is one magic loogie.

Dang, it’s already been 11 years since the first comparable play I thought of:

Some defensive players were adamant that Spikes deflected the pass when it left Fitzpatrick's hand, based on the postgame film sessions they've done. If Spikes did deflect the ball, officials would not have been permitted to call pass interference on Brown, or anyone.

A better than average CB picks off Mac everytime no wonder he seems so hesitant to throw. That explains why Myles Bryant is still on the Team anybody CB can recover and hover under one of those moon balls even after being beaten. Down moon ball yess Today. :rolleyes:

Watched it with my feed. Imho, it definitely grazed it. Pretty good spiral/rotation then all of a sudden got nudged off its axis with a noticeable dip afterwards. Sounds like I disagree with dreighver.

Oh well. That is one magic loogie.

This changes my perspective. Looks like it may have hit the wire.

Absolutely hit the wire, the refs not catching it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Absolutely hit the wire, the refs not catching it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.
Absolutely hit (grazed) the wire, refs not catching it means it doesn't matter.

It was a foggy, rainy, windy night.

If you were a ref your eyes were on the WR and DB not on the ball that far off the ground even under good conditions.

Interesting. It does look like it did hit the cable. Could it have caused the interception and altered the outcome of the game?

That was a bad pass regardless because of the position of the defender. He took a risk and got burned for doing it. If Mac Jones 2022 season was a music album it would be sold under the record label "Bad Decisions."

His deep ball down the left sideline had a ridiculous amount of hang time.
Cmon, it was supposed to. It actually didn’t hang enough as Tywuan(the fastest guy on the team didn’t get to it) can we stop this ridiculousness? Those are meant to be run under, it is done so he can release the ball early.and throw it over the DB’s head.

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back