PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Clayton, aka Alien Man thinks Larry Johnson will be on Pats next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am liking BJGE, he is cheap to boot.
Gonzalez may come chep for an opportunty to get a ring, it would be nice to get rid of watson and maroney to be honest.
They are good players without being yearly pro bowlers, but too injury prone, and they are gonna go looking for the dollars soon.
Chad, has complained about his contract before, i think he is on about $6 milion a season at this point.
It would be nice to get a good physical outside wr route runner with soft hands. But i think everyone wants him, if he could be cheap that would be good too.
Lito sheppard has played less this year naturally, but i think he was after more money as well, and we would have to give up something to get him and every team wants and needs cb depth.

It will be interesting to see what we do with our cap this offseason, we won't have a lot to play with, hopefully it will 3 months before we start to really think about it.

I read things like this and it becomes plain that you don't know what you are talking about and really don't watch the football games.

I don't like how hesitant Maroney is to run it between the tackles. But if i was made of glass like he is i wouldn't run it in there either.

I have heard three names in this thread that are really interesting Larry Johnson, Chad Johnson, and Tony Gonzalves.

Imagine if we got these three guys for relatively cheap money specifically LJ and Tony. Chad wouldn't be cheap and I am not sure I want his antics despite BB stating a fondness (unless of course BB knows he could check his ego).

If LJ wanted to get away from a losing franchise like the chiefs and to a team like the Pats and was willing to do it for cheap than this would be a no brainer. He would be an obvious upgrade over BJGE and Lamont. Likely he still has enough left to be an upgrade over Morris. There are only 2 guys he wouldn't imediately upgrade and that is Faulk and Maroney. He shouldn't even be compared to Faulk as they are polar opposites as RBs and Maroney his to injury prone to consider him better than LJ. So he would come in pretty much as #1 back.

But all that assumes that BB would not care about his off field antics. Just because BB has had success with troublesome players doesn't mean he is going to like every guy with off field trouble to do the same.

Tony G is just a no brainer if we can get him we would be foolish not to. Brady with a TE like that to go with Moss and Welker could be even better of an offense than 07.

I'ld settle for one of those guys but both woulld be awsome and both cheap would be really awsome (though I probably don't want them if it isn't cheap)

I have heard three names in this thread that are really interesting Larry Johnson, Chad Johnson, and Tony Gonzalves.

Imagine if we got these three guys for relatively cheap money specifically LJ and Tony. Chad wouldn't be cheap and I am not sure I want his antics despite BB stating a fondness (unless of course BB knows he could check his ego).

If LJ wanted to get away from a losing franchise like the chiefs and to a team like the Pats and was willing to do it for cheap than this would be a no brainer. He would be an obvious upgrade over BJGE and Lamont. Likely he still has enough left to be an upgrade over Morris. There are only 2 guys he wouldn't imediately upgrade and that is Faulk and Maroney. He shouldn't even be compared to Faulk as they are polar opposites as RBs and Maroney his to injury prone to consider him better than LJ. So he would come in pretty much as #1 back.

But all that assumes that BB would not care about his off field antics. Just because BB has had success with troublesome players doesn't mean he is going to like every guy with off field trouble to do the same.

Tony G is just a no brainer if we can get him we would be foolish not to. Brady with a TE like that to go with Moss and Welker could be even better of an offense than 07.

I'ld settle for one of those guys but both woulld be awsome and both cheap would be really awsome (though I probably don't want them if it isn't cheap)

they're all offensive skill players. is this our first priority.

I see our top priorities are:

1. O-Line

2. OLB- Pass rusher

3. CB

they're all offensive skill players. is this our first priority.

I see our top priorities are:

1. O-Line

2. OLB- Pass rusher

3. CB

I am not saying these guys should be priority. I was thinking the same thing as I was writing this but the thread was about LJ and really had nothing to do with the de.

But other priororties is why I made a point of saying I would only want these guys on the cheap. And to be honest I don't think our priority is what you pointed out. I think our priority should be to retain as many of our guys as we can starting with Wilfork.

I am not saying these guys should be priority. I was thinking the same thing as I was writing this but the thread was about LJ and really had nothing to do with the de.

But other priororties is why I made a point of saying I would only want these guys on the cheap. And to be honest I don't think our priority is what you pointed out. I think our priority should be to retain as many of our guys as we can starting with Wilfork.

well no kidding we shoudl keep our own guys like wilfork, but if you aint improving your falling behind the other competition.

Hey Edge wants out of Arizona, maybe the Pats will get him? lol.

We definitely need to shore up the cores of the team, the o-line, and solidifying the front 7 on D. CB's are also at the top as well.

LJ would have to be a bargain basement pickup, and as mentioned, with this o-line it still may not matter.

Hey Edge wants out of Arizona, maybe the Pats will get him? lol.

We definitely need to shore up the cores of the team, the o-line, and solidifying the front 7 on D. CB's are also at the top as well.

LJ would have to be a bargain basement pickup, and as mentioned, with this o-line it still may not matter.

With this OL? Have you not noticed straight runners that go north-south get good yardage behind this team?

Morris runs good behinds this line. Jordan is never healthy. BJGE runs well behind this line, Maroney sucks because he dances. That's not our style. Dillon ran fine behind this same line minus Mankins (upgrade)

If you get LJ for cheap, you do it. This offense would be unstoppable. I'd take him over any other offensive player. He may not have more elite left in him after 2-3 seasons, that's why you sign him cheap. If you guys don't think he'd be a dramatic improvement over this year, you're nuts.

With this OL? Have you not noticed straight runners that go north-south get good yardage behind this team?

Morris runs good behinds this line. Jordan is never healthy. BJGE runs well behind this line, Maroney sucks because he dances. That's not our style. Dillon ran fine behind this same line minus Mankins (upgrade)

If you get LJ for cheap, you do it. This offense would be unstoppable. I'd take him over any other offensive player. He may not have more elite left in him after 2-3 seasons, that's why you sign him cheap. If you guys don't think he'd be a dramatic improvement over this year, you're nuts.

I was thinking the Same thing LJs running style would seem to mesh well with this line.

someone posted something about no evidence chad johnson wants to win...im not saying i want him on the team (although i probably do), but he did cry one year after losing...to me, i like that

this offense wouldn't be unstoppable. we need an O-line the like of Dallas of the 90's. we need to upgrade the O-line. have you noticed Koppen being tossed around? right tackle?

someone posted something about no evidence chad johnson wants to win...im not saying i want him on the team (although i probably do), but he did cry one year after losing...to me, i like that

He cares about winning, and Belichick seems to really like him as well. Ocho Cinco to the Pats sounds crazy, but anything can happen.

Alien man?

He's the Crypt Keeper!

We would have to pay LJ the guy would be like 28 in the prime of his career. He's gonna want some big money. But he may be well worth it if we could squeeze one maybe two good years out of him. Anyways don't forget about BJGE this kid hits the hole almost like dillon did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back