PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Clayton, aka Alien Man thinks Larry Johnson will be on Pats next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is much more probable that Chad Johnson sings with Bill Belichick. Bill has laughed at Ocho's good natured self promotion. Like Mr. Dillon he would provide a contrast to eliminate the constant double teaming of Mr. Moss.

I think it is much more probable that Chad Johnson sings with Bill Belichick.

You know, that's one album I would feel compelled to buy.

Disagree. He still has a few good years in him and he is well rested this year. This would be a HUGE acquision ALA Dillon. They are comparible backs and in comparible situations.

Smith had 1,047 career carries at age 30 heading into the 2002 season. Johnson already has more carries than that and will be 30 by midseason of next year. Smith declined and I was fearing that of Johnson as well.

However I will concede...

Dillon had many more career carries by age 30 and had the most productive season of his NFL career in 2004, his first year with the Pats.

I also forgot about his two huge performances in September of this year. So I've reconsidered, and if LJ can come affordable next year, I would like to have him aboard. The KC offensive line isn't the force it used to be 5-6 years ago.

Like Brandon Jacobs, Larry Johnson is one of those backs that needs very good run blocking up front to be effective. The thought of LJ in the Pats backfield sounds nice on paper but he looks worn down. Also, the Pats O-line doesn't excel in run blocking. The only way the Pats should consider trading for LJ is if it's for a garage sale. In the end, I would rather have the Pats trade their second rounder (acquired from Chargers) to the Bengals for Chad Johnson.

while i doubt it will happen, the thought does intrigue me. Not sure how he would fit in.

Although he is 29, he didn't start the first few years since he was behind Holmes... not sure how many miles he really has on him.

I'd really need to know the price to decide if it would be good or not.

Herm essentially ran him into the ground in 2005/2006 (826 touches in 2 years!) and he was a shell of himself before breaking down in 2007. You take out the 1 monster game against the enver Broncos (there is no d there) and he is avergaing 3.4 yards per rush this year - similar to 07.

He certainly remains a star name with a star paycheck and is a solid player but he isn't the guy who ran for 3,140 yards and 33 TDs in a 25 game span in 05/06.

I know most you hate ESPN and their reporters but I thought this might interest osme of you. What do you think of that possibly happening?

11.20 John Clayton w/ Schopp on WGR 550

Go to like 5:45 in the video

Clayton is pretty much wrong about everything all the time. I'll give him credit for saying it with such authority, but I doubt he has any inside info or anything. Merely conjecture.

i would rather draft Chris "Beanie" Wells in this upcoming draft

Ocho Cinco as a Patriot... on paper it sounds great - 85, Moss and Welker on the field at the same time? Whose defend can oppose that, especially with TB under center... but the guy's a pain in the (_._) at best. I don't know how I would feel about that.

i would LOVE this move.

Ocho Cinco as a Patriot... on paper it sounds great - 85, Moss and Welker on the field at the same time? Whose defend can oppose that, especially with TB under center... but the guy's a pain in the (_._) at best. I don't know how I would feel about that.

Being on a winning team can turn that frown upside down, poor guy just wants to win.

I would much prefer other player from Chiefs.....Tony Gonzalez. Yes, he probably has may be 1 or 2 year left in him but at least he would give very solid possession type receiver and dangerous red zone target. After seeing Watson not become what we all thought he could be, I think it is time to look for better options. With best deep ball threat and best slot receiver, our TEs should be having a field day but its not happening.

As for, I'll give LJ some benefit of the doubt about his production, considering most teams stack the line of scrimage against Chiefs. I admit I don't know much about him but wasn't this guy considered top RB alongside with LaClassian Tomilson(spelling -_-) just 2 years ago? As long as he doesn't dance behind the line, I'm all for it.

I mean, Id like him if he didnt beat women

I really don't know how much a guy like LJ would bring to this team. Considering they lost their starting QB and still have taken the majority of snaps from the shotgun tells me that whoever is in at running back doesn't much matter.
The only game in which a better RB might have helped was the Super Bowl....and Walter Payton wouldn't have been able to carry the ball successfully the way the Pats got dominated in the trenches.

LJ is a great back when healthy. But he hasn't been healthy since oh... 2006? I'm not against the idea if he comes for cheap but he would be yet another injury prone RB to add to the stack of IR candidates the Pats have already stockpiled - maroney, morris, jordan.

Jordan is still twice the back Maroney is.

I read things like this and it becomes plain that you don't know what you are talking about and really don't watch the football games.

The funny thing about Clayton saying this on ESPN Radio is that I just got my copy of ESPN The Magazine and under the NFL "HOT READS" they predict Johnson going to the Pats as well.

The funny thing about Clayton saying this on ESPN Radio is that I just got my copy of ESPN The Magazine and under the NFL "HOT READS" they predict Johnson going to the Pats as well.

Make sure to joke about that at your next coaches meeting with Belichick, dabruinz, ahhahah.

Being on a winning team can turn that frown upside down, poor guy just wants to win.

There is no evidence Ocho Cinco wants to win - he was the same idiot when they went 11-5. He even started a fight in the locker room at halftime of their playoff game because he wanted his touches. The Bengals were winning the game at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back