PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JoeSixPat; you were 1000% right......

Double G

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
.......and I was 1000% wrong regarding Bay. The Sox look like geniuses now for not throwing a ton of money at this guy in the Spring and signing him to a long term deal.

Not sure it Theo is a genius or just lucky not to have pulled the trigger.

He has totally hit the wall.

As has the rest of the team.

I can't recall the last time I saw a Red Sox team do such a total 180.

Losing two in a row to the AA A's is officially rock bottom.

Unless they lose again today.

Why do I have a funny feeling Theo is going to pull a blockbuster trade to shake up the team a la 2004.

Something needs to happen sooner than later.

It's like having my own personal view of the sinking of the Titanic the past two weeks, 4-8 and taking on water..................

Again Joe, you were right on this one.

Last edited:
.......and I was 1000% wrong regarding Bay. The Sox look like geniuses now for not throwing a ton of money at this guy in the Spring and signing him to a long term deal.

Not sure it Theo is a genius or just lucky not to have pulled the trigger.

He has totally hit the wall.

As has the rest of the team.

I can't recall the last time I saw a Red Sox team do such a total 180.

Losing two in a row to the AA A's is officially rock bottom.

Unless they lose again today.

Why do I have a funny feeling Theo is going to pull a blockbuster trade to shake up the team a la 2004.

Something needs to happen sooner than later.

It's like having my own personal view of the sinking of the Titanic the past two weeks, 4-8 and taking on water..................

Again Joe, you were right on this one.

Hilarious... because now I'm 100% concerned that eventually I won't be 1000% right.

Yes, Bay's plateaued as I thought he would ... few players could sustain his production and most go through these types of slumps... so while it never made sense to me to sign him during his hot streak I think that eventually YOU'LL be right in the end that he's all but gone in free agency.

And hey - if that slump continues and he's just an average player on the block, so be it - it will have wound up being a very smart move by Theo.

But my feeling is that he'll come out of it and show himself to be what he is... a very very good bat, and the best free agent available to fill the Red Sox's hole in Left Field.

I'm less concerned about this season and more concerned about next.

I sure hope that there IS a trade that Theo can make to fill that void - but next season's the focus there for me, not this one.

So in the end I'm guessing that Bay will not re-sign with the Sox (the only real opportunity was this pre-season) will wind up with a very decent season, and will land with the Yankees, creating a twofer for New York, strengthening them and weakening the Sox.

Hopefully Theo can counter that with some LF bat via trade in the offseason - but if not YOU will be the one who's right, and the only benefit we'll be able to point to is that the Sox didn't overpay for keeping Bay... but the bottom line will be that the Sox will be weaker and the Yankees stronger.

I guess this just illustrates that it's all a crap shoot and only hindsight is 20/20 - but thanks for the kind words anyways.

Not sure what they do to be honest; he's the best of a very weak free agent outfield class, so they either "settle" for him, or risk losing him to the Yankees as with Damon and Shemp both free agents, they'll be in the market for a left fielder and we all know how they love to sign away players that are on the Red Sox radar.

And why all the talk about bringing in two more first basemen types from the Indians and the Padres; I guess their hands are tied as Bay, Ellsbury and Drew aren't going anywhere, as is Lowell, so what else can they do if they don't trade for Halladay.

Maybe in the end the best strategy is to sit tight and hope this group gets their heads and asses wired together sooner than later...............

You didn't need to make a thread about how you were wrong. Pretty much the status quo is to assume you're way off base. You should make threads when you actually manage to be right on something, congratulating yourself.

You didn't need to make a thread about how you were wrong. Pretty much the status quo is to assume you're way off base. You should make threads when you actually manage to be right on something, congratulating yourself.
this from the dumb ass who thinks he can coach the celtics better than doc because[wait for it] because you go to a lot of games lmao:D:D

Not sure what they do to be honest; he's the best of a very weak free agent outfield class, so they either "settle" for him, or risk losing him to the Yankees.

I don't see how losing him to the yankees would be such a big deal if hes not a great player. I love seeing the yankees give 'just good' players 6 year 120M deals.

I look forward to Jason bay hobbling around the yankees outfield in 5 years.

This from a moron who thinks Doc Rivers can't coach, that John McEnroe=Lebron James, DiceK is our best pitcher, the moon is made of cheese and the world is flat.

If you started a thread admitting all the times you were wrong, the server would **** the bed and the site would crash.

Like a give a flying **** what a brain dead stool sample like you thinks......................

Last edited:
Bay's defense is far weaker than I thought. I'm now no longer hoping we re-sign him. We need a new LF next year.

Bay's defense is far weaker than I thought. I'm now no longer hoping we re-sign him. We need a new LF next year.

Bay has always been a below average defensive outfielder. I thought this was common knowledge when we signed him. Playing in Fenway helps to hide some of his weakness but this team can afford to have a weak defensive LF. RF is a much much different story. Drew plays a fantastic RF.

I'd like to the Sox to re-sign him. He's a .275+ 30+ 100+ guy and there will be only one other player that will be available on the free agent market this winter and that is Matt Holliday. He will be more expensive btw.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back