PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Montana sounds jealous of Brady

I really wanted them to beat those Dallas teams so bad.
Those 1992-1995 Cowboys teams were hell on wheels.

It took an all-time great 1994 49ers team to prevent 4 straight Dallas SBs.

Those 1992-1995 Cowboys teams were hell on wheels.

It took an all-time great 1994 49ers team to prevent 4 straight Dallas SBs.
I really thought the Bills had them in the second SB but they had a diasterous second half and gave it away.
If Deion had been on the Cowboys in 1994 then I agree, they probably 4-peat. Also, if Jimmy Johnson didn't leave, it's possible they win 6-7 SBs.

Brady might be the toughest sob to ever play the game, but most people view him as a pretty boy. Toughness is Brady's most underrated trait
Hey don't also underestimate the power of fair trade nightshade free avocado gluten free toast hand crafted by Elven Masters from the land of Keeblerton.

You know what maybe it's just me but when people try to downplay TB it just pisses me off.

He has the hardware, he has the stats and he is so far ahead of everyone in postseason success and stats that it's ridiculous at this point.

Is it because he's a 6th round pick? Not doing those flashy plays? Because he was a Patriot?

You know what maybe it's just me but when people try to downplay TB it just pisses me off.

He has the hardware, he has the stats and he is so far ahead of everyone in postseason success and stats that it's ridiculous at this point.

Is it because he's a 6th round pick? Not doing those flashy plays? Because he was a Patriot?
I think it is because Brady never looked the part. He was a 6th round pick who should have held a clip board his entire career. I think the hatred began when he supplanted Manning. Peyton was the one with the football pedigree, first overall pick, etc. Brady never "looked" better especially the early years when he was dinking and dunking and our teams were build defense first. At least that was always the excuse until 2007 when Brady blew that narrative out of the water with a season for the ages.

I also think Brady's personality made people not like him either as he was never like Jordan - a big jerk, full of himself. Also the cheating scandals made so many people loathe the Patriots and Bill's cactus-like attitude to the media only fostered more disdain. Of course, Brady marrying a super model perpetuated the jealously as how can be the GOAT and have a supermodel wife?

So based on all that, I think the media and fanbases are just chopping at the bit for the "next guy" to supplant him. First it was Manning, then Big Ben, then Philip Rivers for a cup of coffee, than Rodgers and now Mahomes. And on and on it will go until someone gets more than 7 rings. Never happening IMO.

It took Montana years to finally admit Brady was now the Goat, I can’t remember if it was after his 6th or 7th Super Bowl and now he is taking it back.

I may still have some respect for him if he said I change my mind I still think I’m the Goat but to say it’s Dan Marino who when it it comes to the playoffs is one of the most under achieving QB’s.

Its kind of sad that he just can’t stop.

It took Montana years to finally admit Brady was now the Goat, I can’t remember if it was after his 6th or 7th Super Bowl and now he is taking it back.

I may still have some respect for him if he said I change my mind I still think I’m the Goat but to say it’s Dan Marino who when it it comes to the playoffs is one of the most under achieving QB’s.

Its kind of sad that he just can’t stop.
If you listen to the interview, Montana doesn’t actually call Marino the greatest of all time. He actually calls him the best quarterback in terms of talent. We have heard this before going back to Manning.

Joe Cool really isn't when it comes to the GOAT. He certainly hasn't enjoyed being eclipsed by TB. Jealousy, plain and simple,

I really wanted them to beat those Dallas teams so bad.
Dallas and SF cheated the cap, but I'm not sure about the Giants. In the AFC the Raiduh's were admitted cheaters as far back as I can remember.

Great questions that get a yes on one and three but a not sure on two.
How could all 32 teams be so wrong about Brady? He makes them all look bad.
Brady had enough flashy plays in big moments so just thinking about them puts a big ****-eating grin on my face. Maybe that's not flashy enough.
Because Brady was a Patriot mattered for sure, but there was also a little bit of the Manning effect, which I believe @amfootball mentioned earlier. Brady derailed the NYFL's Manning ball washing that was planned.
And let's not forget Bill's contributions to the negativity. The way he treats the media doesn't help one bit. There are plenty of coaches who can be civil with the media and not give away secrets. If Bill's that much of a genius he should be able to pull it off.

Nadal nails it. Joe should call him to cope in a healthy way.

1695227840038.png

1695227962213.png

1695227884434.png

1695227921802.png

Thank you. That is a tremendous quote from Nadal who I have always admired. He really "gets it" at every level. Joe really should read it. lol

Thank you. That is a tremendous quote from Nadal who I have always admired. He really "gets it" at every level. Joe really should read it. lol

And the thing is, it takes nothing away from Nadal. He will always be an all time great and clearly the best clay surface player ever. This just adds to his likeability.

Nole has beaten Nadal at the French, and Fed at Wimbledon. He holds every major record. There's not much else Nadal can say, but I suppose that's the point. Montana is a a jealous egomaniac. He's not even on the same planet as Brady.

And the thing is, it takes nothing away from Nadal. He will always be an all time great and clearly the best clay surface player ever. This just adds to his likeability.
He's a Real Madrid fan as well so he gets even more cool points in my book

What position does this guy Nadal play? ;)

Joe Montana called Tom Brady the GOAT when asked about it when Brady was still in his 20’s. This is mega ‘72 Dolphins energy.

Dan Marino is like all these other “the most talented ever because of some thing” yet couldn’t defeat post-season defenses.

I’m gonna’ start calling him Jelly-Joe Montana.

Tainted Joe will always be remembered as

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back