PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JJ: Colts OL coach "Best in league at FILMING signals"

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the coaches give the signals out in the open and someone is trying to figure them out, that's not cheating. what i find interesting is the deafening silence from the media when all these ex-coaches and ex-players admittimg that this goes on all the time. where's the media now ? it's obvious to me they have an agenda.

Re: Colts O Line Coach 'Best in league at stealing signals"

It's different to me because something like paying off the ref guarantees it'll help you (assuming he does his part). Stealing signs is hit and miss. It's a risk in and of itself. If you assume it helps if you know the sign, I'm good with that. But what if they change the signs or who the hot sign caller is ? Stealing signs is like making a bet - a good bet but a bet - it may help you but it may hurt you. Kind of like reading a defense.
Bribing a ref doesn't guarantee you a win, in a game a situation may never come up where the ref can use his influence non-discretely enough to take a chance with it. Really, any intentional violation of the rules - including for such benign things as holding or chop blockng, is cheating. Some amount of it happens on every play, so there are certainly different levels of cheating, but let's stop trying to change the English language to feel better about what the Pats did. Most of all, it's unnecessary, I can accept what the Pats did and still like them as much as before it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes