PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy Johnson - Cowboys Are Best

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Johnson's reasoning and not necessarily his final conclusion. He makes good points. I've been watching the Cowboys since Thanksgiving, and they are impressive. The thing I've been most impressed with is the confidence the team has in Romo. This is huge, and sets them up to be the favorite in the NFC. Of course, they have to get through the playoffs, but if they keep playing well and avoid mistakes, they have the best chance to make it to Arizona.

If I were to provide power rankings of the top 3 today, it would be the following:
1 NE
2 Dal
3 Indy
4 ? Jac, GB, Sea, TB, NYG, Pitt ? who knows, this is a strange season.

All 3 are capable of winning the Super Bowl this year, and the final determinant will be the teams' health and energy levels as they go through the playoffs. It's setting up to be a good one, and there are a few teams looming to be spoilers in each conference.

Last edited:
Comments are the best:

As a Seahawk fan, I of course really appreciate Matt Hasselback. Do I think he is better than Brady? For some reason, Tom Brady doesn't impress me. Although he is maybe the second or third best QB in the AFC playing at the time(career wise), he just doesn't impress me. Running up the score on teams and padding your stats are nice to do I guess, but Brady is probably not hall of fame quality. Neither is Matt Hasselback, but his toughness and understanding of the game, his connection with the personell around him and his ability to counter what defenses are showing him make him probably the second best quartback in the league to Brett Favre.....Brett never has just blown people away with game stats, but look at his career, find any other quaterback you would rather have. Mike Holmgren knows a few things about quarterbacks. Steve Young, Joe Montana, Brett Favre, and now Matt.

Comments are the best:

Running up the score on teams and padding your stats are nice to do I guess, but Brady is probably not hall of fame quality.

If Tom Brady is NOT "Hall of Fame Quality", then NO QB who ever played is or was!

Get REAL!

Since he didn't do anything to put it in context of the Patriots' win against the Cowboys earlier in the season -- i.e., to give specifics about what he thinks is apt to change -- I didn't find it very interesting.

Gee, an ex-Cowboy coach pipping his old team. SHOCKA...... I wonder if Emmitt would agree with him :rolleyes:

I'm fine with Jimmy Johnson and respect the guy to hell.

He was one of the strongest BB supporters during SpyGate and I'll always be appreciative of that.

Jimmy Johnson has been nothing but fair to the Patriots. I'm glad to see people objecting to the opinion and not the man.

I haven't watched the Cowboys much this year, but I distinctly remember them incapable of stopping Kyle Eckel when they knew he was running. Have they done something to remedy this problem, or is it just being forgotten because it was so long ago?

Comments are the best:

As a Seahawk fan, I of course really appreciate Matt Hasselback. Do I think he is better than Brady? For some reason, Tom Brady doesn't impress me. Although he is maybe the second or third best QB in the AFC playing at the time(career wise), he just doesn't impress me. Running up the score on teams and padding your stats are nice to do I guess, but Brady is probably not hall of fame quality. Neither is Matt Hasselback, but his toughness and understanding of the game, his connection with the personell around him and his ability to counter what defenses are showing him make him probably the second best quartback in the league to Brett Favre.....Brett never has just blown people away with game stats, but look at his career, find any other quaterback you would rather have. Mike Holmgren knows a few things about quarterbacks. Steve Young, Joe Montana, Brett Favre, and now Matt.

Ok Patsfans members, look at the above. If you have any questions on what trolling is, here you go! A post that's only intention is to start trouble.

How else can you explain someone "trying" to tell us what ALL the experts say and what statistic bear out as fact to be BS?

Last edited:
I would of thought FOX would have told him to say that since the cowboys have a few more games on their network where the Patriots have none

Cowboys are good, but not the best. Romo's playing brilliant football and theres alot of hype about them right now. But they're not THE team in football. They have a solid foundation of talent though to keep building on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft