PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G. Can Help Us Clinch a 1st Round Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I did not realize that SF plays the Jacksonville Jaguars this weekend. If the Jags lose and we win, we clinch a 1st round bye. If we win, the Jags lose and the Steelers lose, then we clinch the No. 1 seed in the AFC and our boys can rest during Week 17. See, it's like he's still on the team for those still lamenting the trade! Go Pats and go Jimmy G.!

So torn:

Draft pick.

Speeding up the hopefully inevitable.

Draft pick.

Resting gronk

Draft pick.

HFA

Draft pick.

. . . .

oh helll, I'll just wait and see.

Honestly I'd rather see Pittsburgh lay an egg this week at Houston, and Jax. win out. Now that would be sweet! So long as the Pats do what they should.

So torn:

Draft pick.

Speeding up the hopefully inevitable.

Draft pick.

Resting gronk

Draft pick.

HFA

Draft pick.

. . . .

oh helll, I'll just wait and see.
LOL, you've got to live in the moment! An easier path to the No. 1 seed, and hopefully another Super Bowl is better than the crap shoot that is a draft pick, particularly one outside the 1st round, at least in my mind.

Just saying I'd rather see Jax. get the bye over Pittsburgh.

Agree.

AB will not be 100% in the divisional round let alone the wild card one. Maybe the AFCCG.

Pitt should win but facing JAX in JAX with a banged up AB will be tough.

I think JAX is a good young team with a VERY good D but they are not ready to beat NE in Foxboro in January.

Just saying I'd rather see Jax. get the bye over Pittsburgh.
Understood, but Pittsburgh is playing Houston and Cleveland to close out the season. Not much hope for a loss there unless they implode.

One thing if Jimmy G carves up Jacksonville this weekend...we definitely gave the next Great one away...I was expecting a First Rounder. That said that Jax's D is built to make QB's feel uncomfortable Jimmy G being no different. Again if he Rips em he's the next Brady.

Understood, but Pittsburgh is playing Houston and Cleveland to close out the season. Not much hope for a loss there unless they implode.
I see a loss coming this weekend. Clowney is gonna do us all a favor. Pittsburgh wasted way to much time dwelling on their implosion this week.

Hot head O'Brien might need to pull one out of his @ss motivated Team and all Texans have underachieved under his watch. I don't confidently think O'Brien's job is safe if it is...I think he's on very short leash.

Hot head O'Brien might need to pull one out of his @ss motivated Team and all Texans have underachieved under his watch. I don't confidently think O'Brien's job is safe if it is...I think he's on very short leash.
IDK. They looked pretty good before DeShaun Watson got hurt. Him coming back may buy him another year. If they can beat the Steelers it's all good either way.

IDK. They looked pretty good before DeShaun Watson got hurt. Him coming back may buy him another year. If they can beat the Steelers it's all good either way.
If O'Brien beats the Steelers this week with a third string QB, and no Watt it'd be awfully cold for the Texans to fire him. THIS game isn't just his Superbowl, it could very well be his job. Let's see what his players really think of him. I love it!

It would be kinda funny if Pitts throw a stinker on the road with AB being out plus a Jaxs win. That would Bump Pitts to the three spot...to think they thought they had #1 all locked up.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes