Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Talking about the Pats after BB's press conference on NFL Network today, Jim Mora pointed out that the Patriots SELDOM start the season like gangbusters and usually take a while to start hitting on all cylinders. Three things very obvious at this early stage, he said -- the running game is much improved, Brady will always be a huge factor as long as he's playing, and the team is 2-0 despite being a work in progress.

Tunescribe said:
Talking about the Pats after BB's press conference on NFL Network today, Jim Mora pointed out that the Patriots SELDOM start the season like gangbusters and usually take a while to start hitting on all cylinders. Three things very obvious at this early stage, he said -- the running game is much improved, Brady will always be a huge factor as long as he's playing, and the team is 2-0 despite being a work in progress.

Senior is an emotional nutjob of sorts, but he's a former NFL HC and he is not stupid. Teambuilding is an annual process within the system as Pioli keeps trying to remind us. And turnover is part of the process. You don't know what you have until week 5 or 6

It also hasn't helped that we've played 2 teams with new HC and coordinators. There's a reason that until the playoff turnover fest in Denver that Belichick, in NE, had never lost the second game of a season when the Patriots played a team twice and faced the same QB both times. Belichick and staff are like an artifical intelligence system - the more past history you can feed it the better the results will be. Can Plummer really beat Belichick 3 times in a row even with an excellent HC ? I think not.

BTW, I like that the Bengals played the Browns and Crennel yesterday, it will give Belichick/Pees/Adams some great film to look at as the Browns play a similar defense. It'll be a lot more useful than the Cincy-KC film.

Last edited:
Good point Bellichickfan, but who's (Coach) Adams?

QB12

QB12 said:
Good point Bellichickfan, but who's (Coach) Adams?
Ernie Adams. Belichick's friend from school. Belichick's Belichick as he has been called, he does a lot of the scouting and filmwork on upcoming teams (we think, no-one seems to know for sure). But I'm fairly confident that he's the top advance scout - and not that Steve Belichick is gone, Ernie is certainly his top confidant. WAY more important than some people realize.

Shameless self-plug:

Isaac said:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=40611
One note of caution, BB's defenses usually get better and better through the year, which means that they often don't start out exactly dominant. It could be November before we see this defense's true colors... patience, patience.

I do think this is an important and oft-neglected point. For whatever reason BB's teams, and defenses in particular, get stronger throughout the season, which is great but does mean that they often are mediocre in September and October. Patience folks.

MoLewisrocks said:
Senior is an emotional nutjob of sorts, but he's a former NFL HC and he is not stupid.

"Playoffs? Playoff's?"

bump, good thread.

I saw a Mora segment today on the NFL Network...not the one referenced in this thread, but his current top 10 teams in the league. The Pats didn't make his top 10. I was a tad incredulous about that.

Bella*chick said:
I saw a Mora segment today on the NFL Network...not the one referenced in this thread, but his current top 10 teams in the league. The Pats didn't make his top 10. I was a tad incredulous about that.
That's good news, I was disturbed when Tom Jackson listed them in his top five tonight. This team will be better for being under the radar.

Box_O_Rocks said:
That's good news, I was disturbed when Tom Jackson listed them in his top five tonight. This team will be better for being under the radar.

Yeah, I saw that too! I instantly started buying more canned goods to prepare for the coming Apocalypse.

Box_O_Rocks said:

Bill Belichick says all of Tom Jackson's co-workers hate him! :rolleyes:

Box_O_Rocks said:

The three doing the MNF warmup on NFLE - one of which is Deion - blessedly left us off their lists too. In no particular order Indy, Chicago, Seattle, Atlanta, SD, Pittsburg and JAX are the week 2 frontrunners pending of course the outcome of tonights joust.

PLAYOFFS?

Don't talk to me about playoffs!

...You KIDDING me?

PLAYOFFS?!?!

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
The three doing the MNF warmup on NFLE - one of which is Deion - blessedly left us off their lists too. In no particular order Indy, Chicago, Seattle, Atlanta, SD, Pittsburg and JAX are the week 2 frontrunners pending of course the outcome of tonights joust.

You can almost hear their ineptness when they speak out loud.

Deion was a talented player; but not as a commentator. He is a dumb bunny.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
Deion was a talented player; but not as a commentator. He is a dumb bunny.

His NFL Network interview with Terrell Owens last week was atrocious... the term that came to my mind was "enabler".

Box_O_Rocks said:

Tom Jackson has been trying to suck up to BB since the they hate their coach comment. I believe that is why he picks them and no one else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft