PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Irsay said Andrew Luck's injury 'inside his head'

Hahaha. Colts. Karma keeps on giving, baby. Poor Jacoby.

It's in his genes, his father was a complete garbage also.

I don't feel bad for Luck. The Lucks were perfectly willing to see NYFL games tanked so he could play with the Indiots. He got what he wanted.

I edited my original post and linked to your claim here. Feel free to edit your post to elaborate more if you have more details. I don't want to spread misinformation.
This is what I am referring to. It’s in the article you linked.

Dungy on Tuesday clarified with ProFootballTalk.com that Irsay didn't make the comments to him privately.

"I never had a conversation with Jim Irsay," Dungy told the website. "I never said I had a conversation with Jim Irsay."

I don't feel bad for Luck. The Lucks were perfectly willing to see NYFL games tanked so he could play with the Indiots. He got what he wanted.
When did he ask Indy to tankand pick him?
This is like saying the rape victim asked for it.

Crying
Over
Luck
Too
Sweet

When did he ask Indy to tankand pick him?
This is like saying the rape victim asked for it.

Can we at least say that he joined a team that he knew was losing on purpose to get him? Suck for Luck was real, though it has turned into Suck IS Luck instead.

Luck was all in then and I'm all in on his career ending now.

Can we at least say that he joined a team that he knew was losing on purpose to get him? Suck for Luck was real, though it has turned into Suck IS Luck instead.

Luck was all in then and I'm all in on his career ending now.
He had nothing to do with it.
He didn’t choose to join a team, he was drafted and had no choice in the matter.

Clueless Owner Likes To Snort....

This is what I am referring to. It’s in the article you linked.

Dungy on Tuesday clarified with ProFootballTalk.com that Irsay didn't make the comments to him privately.

"I never had a conversation with Jim Irsay," Dungy told the website. "I never said I had a conversation with Jim Irsay."

However, there is nothing wrong with using a media/mediot quote for idle chatter. Just keep in mind at all times it's not anything more than idle chatter, it's theoretical, academic until proven otherwise,

I am all for skepticism. We should not believe every story we read or see. In the same way, we should not always trust folks when they backpedal after realizing the implications of their previous statements.

A few more things I have seen written about this, take it or leave it:

Dungy did not claim "he made it up". He said it was from public Irsay comments, not private ones.

Worth noting: This was during one of the commercial cut-ins of the show and, as Patrick noted Tuesday, it is very possible/likely that Dungy did not know his mic was on. Paul Pabst of the show reached out to Dungy to confirm the quotes Tuesday, and relayed that Dungy heard the comments from Irsay during a "group conversation in September."

"Wait, it's inside Luck's head?" Patrick asked.

"Yeah, [Irsay] said that when I was out [in Indianapolis] for Peyton's ceremony," Dungy replied.

"Wow. I really wonder if Luck's future is in Indianapolis. I really do," Patrick said.

"They obviously believed [Luck would be back Week 1] because they did nothing to prepare for him not being there," Dungy said after a lengthy pause.

Jim Irsay told Tony Dungy that Andrew Luck's injury is 'inside his head'

how did that team ever win a Super Bowl?....oh right, the Bears absolutely sucked.

A bogus offensive PI on Troy Brown prevented a blow out

I am all for skepticism. We should not believe every story we read or see. In the same way, we should not always trust folks when they backpedal after realizing the implications of their previous statements.

Dungy did not claim "he made it up". He said it was from public Irsay comments, not private ones.

So if he didn’t say it to Dungy and said it publicly why does no one else know about it?
If it was public it would have been reported.
I’m sure Dungy isn’t going to admit he made it up.

Also the reports you linked conflict with each other.
Kravitz now says it was public comments according to Dungy, and the other article says it was made to dingy in a group conversation, according to Dungy.
Something is fishy here.

Also the reports you linked conflict with each other.
Kravitz now says it was public comments according to Dungy, and the other article says it was made to dingy in a group conversation, according to Dungy.
Something is fishy here.

In the end of the day, this is the real punchline:

The Colts completely wasted Andrew Luck's prime and hosed their fans in process

The details of who said what are interesting, but a bit irrelevant.

I have seen people say Irsay's public quote was from 6 weeks ago when people believed Luck was rehabbing successfully. I failed to find it in ~3 minutes of google searches and gave up.

Hahaha. Colts. Karma keeps on giving, baby. Poor Jacoby.
What do you mean? For Jacoby, this is living the dream. He's starting. Playing every week. Sure the team sucks, but he's got the ball. If you asked him, I bet Jacoby wouldn't swap his current job for warming benches in New England. And now the owner is throwing stones at the starter he's filling in for? If I'm Jacoby I'm starting to feel at home in the starter's job

What do you mean? For Jacoby, this is living the dream. He's starting. Playing every week. Sure the team sucks, but he's got the ball. If you asked him, I bet Jacoby wouldn't swap his current job for warming benches in New England. And now the owner is throwing stones at the starter he's filling in for? If I'm Jacoby I'm starting to feel at home in the starter's job
I suppose you're right - I was just thinking about how he is getting sacked left and right just like Luck did, and the owner thinks Luck isn't really hurt, so how is that going to play out for Jacoby going forward - i.e. a lousy owner who interferes with team chemistry. However, you are probably right abuot Jacoby as long as he can remain upright and in the No. 1 QB spot.

All I know is that if I was a quarterback, I'd rather be playing. I'd rather be winning than losing, but I'd rather be playing for a bad team than riding the pine on a good one.

He had nothing to do with it.
He didn’t choose to join a team, he was drafted and had no choice in the matter.

This. If anything, he went back to school for a year so he'd avoid going to the Jete.

schadenfreude is such a delicious dish....

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back