PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did the Jest issue a statement? Womangini said it was a LEAGUE matter. This doesn't make sense, are they trying to come off as some sort of arbiter in this matter? Well, I guess they are since they ratted it out to begin with. Gee I hate that team and its crappy fans.

It does bother me a little that so many fellow fans here are completely irreverent of the integrity of the game, but I'm sure fans of any team would be like this as well. We're all just trying to move on from this debacle.

I see nothing wrong with wanting to move on, I see nothing wrong with being angry, but the anger should be focused on BB not other teams and their fans. Look at how Pat fans act, as if they're team is above board and better then everyone else, when they get knocked down a peg the fans refuse to accept it. Many teams and their fans think the Pats SB victories are tainted and theres really nothing Pats fans can say to counter their opinions.

If your team wins it all and the fans can talk trash about how great they are then they also need to accept the bad when their team is exposed as cheaters, there's no way Pat fans can say the Pats didn't cheat their way through three SB's victories and there's no way rival fans can prove they did, but there is proof the Pats went beyond what everyone else has done to give themselves an unfair advantage, therefore their SB victories are in question as well. It will always be there from now on. Barry Bonds refuses to admit he's done anything wrong, he keeps hitting HR's adding to his career totals, but to everyone outside of SF knows Bonds is a fraud, and the reason he's a fraud is because there's more then just speculation about his cheating. He will still have the Home run record, but it will never be considered a valid record even though it's in the books. The Pats now find themselves in a similar situation...at least to many fans and teams around the NFL.

Last edited:
Jet's statement to the media - You know it's exciting Eric and the rest of the coaching staff needed something to take the spotlight off their inept ass's and came up with this little master plan which worked out perfectly cause mr puppet , umm excuse me Goddell saw fit that the punishment did indeed fit the crime.
Obviously our O line would of been able to block had they not been distracted by the camera which also in turn caused our faithful fans to boo when their hero went down.
You see how this all happened Eric was busy talking on the phone with a make a wish child and heard Bill from the other side of the field laugh with maniacal laughter as he had a chum of his video tape our coaches we asked him nicely many times to cut it out.
Eric even asked if he wanted a slice of Pizza he said no we want to beat you and this is the only way.
Eric, being the eagle scout he is tried and tried to ignore Bill until the cameraman came right behind Eric and give him a wet willy and called him dough boy and penguin.
Well as you could of guessed after this malicious assault verbally Eric had no choice but to call security to ask the gentleman to leave he then replied I've been recording you we know your defensive calls signals and plays.
With a heavy heart and after careful deliberation Eric decided he had only one thing left he could do call the league office and confiscate the tape.
Eric was so devastated that he cried and weeped cried and weeped.
When he was informed of the harsh punishment he offered to pay the fine and give up his own pick to make up for it but i informed Eric people need to learn a lesson.
There now that that's out of the way we have absolutely no tactic to stop the ravens ground game.
Since D brick doesn't wanna break a nail he get's a manicure every Friday we don't know how to make space on the ground for Thomas either.
We are hoping to catch the Ravens in some unlawful act maybe Ray will let his temper get the best of him and try to kill again.
We'll have to wait and see how the game unfolds
GO JETS!
BLAH
:D GO PATS!

Sorry too much time on my hands tonight.

change title to "jets drool" from corner of mouth

Bull Sh*t about people's perceptions of any victories or SB's being tainted.

Does anybody think the Niners SB's are tainted because of all the crap that Eddie Debartolo was involved with, or how they massaged (I mean managed) their salary cap in the first few years of the cap era? Or for that matter, any of the SB's that Bill Romanowski was a part of? Are the Cowboys SB's tainted because Michael Irvin was coked up and partying with hookers?

This goes away as soon as a real story emerges and all the talking heads and their ADD attention spans turn towards that.

I see nothing wrong with wanting to move on, I see nothing wrong with being angry, but the anger should be focused on BB not other teams and their fans. Look at how Pat fans act, as if they're team is above board and better then everyone else, when they get knocked down a peg the fans refuse to accept it. Many teams and their fans think the Pats SB victories are tainted and theres really nothing Pats fans can say to counter their opinions. If your team wins it all and the fans can talk trash about how great they are then they also need to accept the bad when their team is exposed as cheaters, there's no way Pat fans can say the Pats didn't cheat their way through three SB's victories and there's no way rival fans can prove they did, but there is proof the Pats went beyond what everyone else has done to give themselves an unfair advantage, therefore their SB victories are in question as well. It will always be there from now on.

How on earth did you amass 449 posts as a troll? What's wrong with you? BB did not cheat, he broke a league rule -- BIG difference. You also need to learn the difference between "they're," "their" and "there."

Bull Sh*t about people's perceptions of any victories or SB's being tainted.

Does anybody think the Niners SB's are tainted because of all the crap that Eddie Debartolo was involved with, or how they massaged (I mean managed) their salary cap in the first few years of the cap era? Or for that matter, any of the SB's that Bill Romanowski was a part of? Are the Cowboys SB's tainted because Michael Irvin was coked up and partying with hookers?

This goes away as soon as a real story emerges and all the talking heads and their ADD attention spans turn towards that.

It won't go away in many fans minds especially division rival fans and those that know what BB was doing, but couldn't prove it. I'll bet anything the Colts never forget. You can try and sweep this under the rug, but the fine BB has received has never been given to an NFL coach before today. Roger Goodell also said the Pats are under a microscope and if there turns out to be any truth the the radio frequency the Pats were using to send signals to Brady it could get even worse for the Pats. This was not a minor infraction, it was a major issue. Name the last time the league took a teams first round pick! If you think this is just gonna be forgotten then you better hope no one ever talks about the Pats SB victories again cause that's the only way everyone forgets.

I see nothing wrong with wanting to move on, I see nothing wrong with being angry, but the anger should be focused on BB not other teams and their fans. Look at how Pat fans act, as if they're team is above board and better then everyone else, when they get knocked down a peg the fans refuse to accept it. Many teams and their fans think the Pats SB victories are tainted and theres really nothing Pats fans can say to counter their opinions.

If your team wins it all and the fans can talk trash about how great they are then they also need to accept the bad when their team is exposed as cheaters, there's no way Pat fans can say the Pats didn't cheat their way through three SB's victories and there's no way rival fans can prove they did, but there is proof the Pats went beyond what everyone else has done to give themselves an unfair advantage, therefore their SB victories are in question as well. It will always be there from now on. Barry Bonds refuses to admit he's done anything wrong, he keeps hitting HR's adding to his career totals, but to everyone outside of SF knows Bonds is a fraud, and the reason he's a fraud is because there's more then just speculation about his cheating. He will still have the Home run record, but it will never be considered a valid record even though it's in the books. The Pats now find themselves in a similar situation...at least to many fans and teams around the NFL.

I did not see cheating in any decision - I saw the commissioner acknowledge that the tape was never used during a game. Never - ever.

Please do hate us as we continue our dynasty.

How on earth did you amass 449 posts as a troll? What's wrong with you? BB did not cheat, he broke a league rule -- BIG difference. You also need to learn the difference between "they're," "their" and "there."

So the league fines the Pats and their coach almost a Million dollars in fines and takes their 1st round DP for a simple violation?? I don't think so.

I did not see cheating in any decision - I saw the commissioner acknowledge that the tape was never used during a game. Never - ever.

Please do hate us as we continue our dynasty.

Please continue to live in denial.

What's pretty funny is one of the commish's "findings" was that the videotape had no effect on the outcome of the game. Therefore, the JETS support the fact that they just su(k.

If Mangini came into our stadium and cheated, would you be pissed at Belichick if he turned Mangini in? I hate the Jets, but being pissed at Mangina for this is a bit weird. I know if it were the other way around, I'd be praising Belichick for ratting out Mangina.

Then you'd be an idiot. It's gamesmanship. Belichick has done it and had it done to him (see Saban, Nick) - it's part of the game, as many of the actually HONEST players and coaches around the league have said.

It won't go away in many fans minds especially division rival fans and those that know what BB was doing, but couldn't prove it. I'll bet anything the Colts never forget.

The people that already hate the Patriots are going to hate them no matter what. The 15 minutes fame of this story goes away when Michael Vick makes his perp walk or something else dislodges it.

That aside, in terms of what was being done...as far as I know, this guy was on the sideline, in plain sight, with Patriot credentials, and a regular camera. It's not like he was disguised as a hot dog vendor with a mini camera hidden in his hat. If the Patriots felt it was illegal, wouldn't they have been a bit more discrete about it?

It won't go away in many fans minds especially division rival fans and those that know what BB was doing, but couldn't prove it. I'll bet anything the Colts never forget.

They couldn't possibly. Peter King has said the Colts are "the king" of stealing signs. Try again.

So the league fines the Pats and their coach almost a Million dollars in fines and takes their 1st round DP for a simple violation?? I don't think so.

Yes, the Pats were fined almost a million dollars and lost their first round DP for a simple violation...i.e. for having a videocamera on the sidelines. The Pats weren't fined or deprived of a draft pick for stealing signs because stealing signs is allowed in the NFL, which you, as a fan of the "cheating" Dolphins, should already know. The Pats paid this inordinate price for a simple violation of a procedural rule because spineless Goodell caved into the media generated hysteria. Had Goodell done the appropriate thing and simply fined or deprived the Pats of a 4th/5th round pick, the media hounds who were calling for a loss of multiple picks would have been on Goodell's ass. Goodell doesn't have the spine to face the fire so he caved in to the idiot mob. Don't worry...another team will soon suffer the consequences of Goodell's spinelessness and perhaps then the owners will decide that it isn't a good idea to have one person arbitrarily decide on a punishment and also hear "appeals. It's a ludicrous system.

The people that already hate the Patriots are going to hate them no matter what. The 15 minutes fame of this story goes away when Michael Vick makes his perp walk or something else dislodges it.

That aside, in terms of what was being done...as far as I know, this guy was on the sideline, in plain sight, with Patriot credentials, and a regular camera. It's not like he was disguised as a hot dog vendor with a mini camera hidden in his hat. If the Patriots felt it was illegal, wouldn't they have been a bit more discrete about it?

They apparently had been doing this for years and it caught up to them. Obviously Roger Goodell made it very clear to all teams before the season started that this would not be tolerated, Bill knew, but was arrogant enough to think he was above the rules. As far as what I'm reading and seeing the Pats are the Only team to use this form of cheating. I still pose the question, if the Pats are so good, why cheat at all? I haven't seen an answer to this question yet!

Then you'd be an idiot. It's gamesmanship. Belichick has done it and had it done to him (see Saban, Nick) - it's part of the game, as many of the actually HONEST players and coaches around the league have said.

Even more ironic is that while a few coaches/players are liberally calling the Pats cheaters...I haven't yet heard one coach or player state conclusively that they do NOT steal signals or use videocameras to steal signals. Shouldn't such a statement be issued together with the pious comments about the Pats "cheating ways"?

Yes, the Pats were fined almost a million dollars and lost their first round DP for a simple violation...i.e. for having a videocamera on the sidelines. The Pats weren't fined or deprived of a draft pick for stealing signs because stealing signs is allowed in the NFL, which you, as a fan of the "cheating" Dolphins, should already know. The Pats paid this inordinate price for a simple violation of a procedural rule because spineless Goodell caved into the media generated hysteria. Had Goodell done the appropriate thing and simply fined or deprived the Pats of a 4th/5th round pick, the media hounds who were calling for a loss of multiple picks would have been on Goodell's ass. Goodell doesn't have the spine to face the fire so he caved in to the idiot mob. Don't worry...another team will soon suffer the consequences of Goodell's spinelessness and perhaps then the owners will decide that it isn't a good idea to have one person arbitrarily decide on a punishment and also hear "appeals. It's a ludicrous system.

Well their seems to be a theme here and here only, the Pats did nothing wrong. If So and I were the Pats legal staff, I'd be drawing up a lawsuit against the NFL as we speak for false accusations and defamation of character! But when your guilty, there's not much you can do besides taking your lumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call