PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets/Pats Expert picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will win if Brady does not turn the ball over.

Patriots points totals against the Jets under Ryan:

That's 50% of the games with the Patriots scoring 21 points or less. Expecting something spectacular, and proclaiming concern if that doesn't happen, is asinine.

As for the rest of the season, they're playing a lot of cupcake games. Your two positions don't fit together.

Do you NOT REALIZE, the game is about match ups? All you have to do is consider the last THREE GAMES, because the rest is irrelevant. They're averaging 32 points a game in those last three meetings.

The Patriots offense is totally different. The one bad game, was the playoff game, where it was ALL ON Tom Brady. They open the game up moving the ball down the field with ease, then Tom Brady threw that freak pick.

Jets got some pressure on him, then the rest of the game he was seeing "ghosts" and missing on plays he normally sees in his sleep.

The Jets defense does not match up that well at all with the Patriots. It's all whether Tom Brady can keep his poise, and not allow a few pressured sacks to rattle him. There will be open seams for him to find, there will be plays where the Patriots offense will keep him protected, and big plays will be available.

This is a desperation game. The way the Pats view this game, is a little different than how they view the rest of the games remaining.

I didn't say its without a doubt they won't make the playoffs. I said it's definitely very likely. You're putting too much stock in the Jets. They're not that good, and they don't match up that well with the Patriots.

Last edited:
Do you NOT REALIZE, the game is about match ups? All you have to do is consider the last THREE GAMES, because the rest is irrelevant. They're averaging 32 points a game in those last three meetings.

The Patriots offense is totally different. The one bad game, was the playoff game, where it was ALL ON Tom Brady. They open the game up moving the ball down the field with ease, then Tom Brady threw that freak pick.

Jets got some pressure on him, then the rest of the game he was seeing "ghosts" and missing on plays he normally sees in his sleep.

The Jets defense does not match up that well at all with the Patriots. It's all whether Tom Brady to keep his poise, and not allow a few pressured sacks to rattle him. There will be open seams for him to find, there will be plays where the Patriots offense will keep him protected, and big plays will be available.

This is a desperation game. The way the Pats view this game, is a little different than how they view the rest of the games remaining.

I didn't say its without a doubt they won't make the playoffs. I said it's definitely very likely. You're putting too much stock in the Jets. They're not that good, and they don't match up that well with the Patriots.

I realize it very well. You seem blind to the very thing you're proclaiming. The Patriots don't match up well with the Jets (Jets D can shut down the outside receivers and clog the middle, which is why I'm hoping Price can be a surprise this week, and it's ludicrous to pretend that the Jets "D" doesn't match up well against the Patriots "O") or Eagles (Jets receivers have a huge advantage against the Patriots back 7), are "iffy" in matchups against the Chiefs, and match up very well against Miami, Washington, Denver and Indianapolis.

Last edited:
I realize it very well. You seem blind to the very thing you're proclaiming. The Patriots don't match up well with the Jets (Jets D can shut down the outside receivers and clog the middle, which is why I'm hoping Price can be a surprise this week, and it's ludicrous to pretend that the Jets "D" doesn't match up well against the Patriots "O") or Eagles (Jets receivers have a huge advantage against the Patriots back 7), are "iffy" in matchups against the Chiefs, and match up very well against Miami, Washington, Denver and Indianapolis.

You can't clog up the middle, when you spread the guys out. When the Patriots are in their spread formation, a team like the Jets are at THEIR mercy. Did you not see the big play by Wes Welker the last time? It was just a crossing route right up the middle, that went for a huge play. No less with Revis covering.

It was on a shot gun, spread formation that forces the Jets defense to spread out.

You just can't stick with two receiver sets, that's when you play in the strength of the Jets defense.

The minute you move Revis inside, their entire defense is very vulnerable from the outside, to the middle. You can't clog up the middle and the outside in a spread formation.

Last edited:
You can't clog up the middle, when you spread the guys out. When the Patriots are in their spread formation, a team like the Jets are at THEIR mercy. Did you not see the big play by Wes Welker the last time? It was just a crossing route right up the middle, that went for a huge play. No less with Revis covering.

It was on a shot gun, spread formation that forces the Jets defense to spread out.

You just can't stick with two receiver sets, that's when you play in the strength of the Jets defense.

The minute you move Revis inside, their entire defense is very vulnerable from the outside, to the middle. You can't clog up the middle and the outside in a spread formation.

That play was zone coverage. The Patriots best offense against the Jets is with their run game imo. You have to respect Brady so you can't stack the box. We put 5 DBs back and dare the Pats to run the ball hoping our front guys can stop the run. We won the playoff game with that plan but it was obvious the Pats were much more ready for it in the first time we met this season.

Ok, you either started following the Patriots about 20 minutes ago, or your memory is pathetic. The Patriots weren't going with just two receiver sets when Moss was around, and they were still losing to the Jets.

You just have no idea what you're talking about on this.

Hell, even Felger still has the Patriots in the playoffs if the Patriots lose this one, and you're saying they'll miss even if they win.

You might want to think on that a bit.

Last edited:
I can't get over the amount of Pats fans who don't think the team has a chance to win. Where is there loyalty?

Been wondering that for two weeks! Hence I am trying to limit how much I read this forum!

People seem to be on the edge when the Patriots lose!

Been wondering that for two weeks! Hence I am trying to limit how much I read this forum!

People seem to be on the edge when the Patriots lose!

Really?!? I haven't really seen that. Everyone seems to be calm and rational on this board this week. :D

Ok, you either started following the Patriots about 20 minutes ago, or your memory is pathetic. The Patriots weren't going with just two receiver sets when Moss was around, and they were still losing to the Jets.

You just have no idea what you're talking about on this.

Hell, even Felger still has the Patriots in the playoffs if the Patriots lose this one, and you're saying they'll miss even if they win.

You might want to think on that a bit.

Dude, you're either a freakin' troll or seriously this dense. Seriously, you seem to ignore all the facts, and just continue to just say "well the Patriots O doesn't match up well with the Jets defense, you're stupid, you don't know what you're talking about" drivel, except you ignore what the Patriots have done to this team's defense their last three outings.

Seriously, can someone help him out? Did the Patriots not RECENTLY put up 30 points on this "suppose" bad match up Jets defense. Did Brady not recently throw over 300 yards pretty effortlessly? Let's not forget the fact the Pats SHOULD have had 37 points, if it weren't for Hernandez's dropped TD pass that turned out to be a lucky pick.

Why are we TALKING about Moss. We're talking about right now, recently, today. Hello?? This offense, as its built RIGHT NOW, not the last few years, is a BAD match up for the Jets.

Just point to the last three times they've played if you really think I'm making this up.

Last edited:
Dude, you're either a freakin' troll or seriously this dense. Seriously, you seem to ignore all the facts, and just continue to just say "well the Patriots D doesn't match up well, you're stupid, you don't know what you're talking about" drivel, except you ignore what the Patriots have done to this team's defense their last three outings.

Seriously, can someone help him out? Did the Patriots not RECENTLY put up 30 points on this "suppose" bad match up Jets defense. Did Brady not recently throw over 300 yards pretty effortlessly? Let's not forget the fact the Pats SHOULD have had 37 points, if it weren't for Hernandez's dropped TD pass that turned out to be a lucky pick.

Why are we TALKING about Moss. We're talking about right now, recently, today. Hello?? This offense, as its built RIGHT NOW, not the last few years, is a BAD match up for the Jets.

Just point to the last three times they've played if you really think I'm making this up.

Thanks for this post. It tells me that your problem is a knowledge issue rather than you just trolling.

Dude, you're either a freakin' troll or seriously this dense. Seriously, you seem to ignore all the facts, and just continue to just say "well the Patriots O doesn't match up well with the Jets defense, you're stupid, you don't know what you're talking about" drivel, except you ignore what the Patriots have done to this team's defense their last three outings.

II Jangles II dislikes this

Thanks for this post. It tells me that your problem is a knowledge issue rather than you just trolling.

With over 20,000 posts, shouldn't you be a little more diplomatic than this?

Hey, if you think the Pats are going to struggle to win this game, and still make the playoffs. Perfectly fine with me.

I don't care if anyone has an opinion, one that differs from me. It's just an opinion on how well you or I think the Pats will do.

I do get annoyed when someone ignores "facts" and starts acting like an a-hole over it.

Last edited:
Patriots points totals against the Jets under Ryan:

That's 50% of the games with the Patriots scoring 21 points or less.

And that's 50% of the games with the Patriots scoring 30+.

In the Pats' wins over the Jets (under Rex), they've scored 30, 45, and 31 (average of 35.3). In their losses, they've scored 9, 21, and 14 (average of 14.7).

It's pretty much been feast-or-famine for the Pats' offense against the Jets. Given: (1) how the Jets' defense has been playing lately, (2) how the Pats' offense has been playing lately, and (3) that the game is in NY, I think it's reasonable to think the Pats experience an offensive famine this weekend.

Obviously, I hope I'm gloriously wrong about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back