PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets fans this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is called an excuse. The jets could give you plenty of examples of why they lost certain games. If this had gone this way , if we had executed that , if , if , if.

You lost. Bottom line.

Did I use "IF"? There's always a reason or reasons why a team loses. I merely pointed them out. I never said they were robbed or complained about officiating, yadda, yadda. I gave what I believe were the reasons for losing those games. Bronco's - We blew it (game plan or execution). Do you think they are the better team? Obviously most do not...so, we blew it.
Cards - I think they're a better team than their record and their coaches know us. We blew it on a second PR. That was the winning score.

IF you understood how to comprehend plain English you would have seen the difference between what I said and what you think I was saying. Do me the courtesy of at least understanding what the heck you're bashing before you bash it. k?

Finally, do you even know what this discussion is about? The possiblilty of the Jets beating the Steelers. So, yes the Steelers lost two games (I'll leave the rankings of each team we lost to, to you). Does that mean the Jets win? Would you put money on it? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Ah that narrows it down. So it was either the coaches fault or the players? Thanks for that insight!
:rolleyes:

Well, what do you think it was?

I'm not sure to be honest. Probably a little of both. I have a hard time knowing what each player is supposed to do, and whether or not he did it in D. Lebeau's 3-4 defense. I know that the Bronco's marched right down the field to kick the winning FG while time expired. They picked right through our #1 ranked defense (all zone).

Are you an expert? Maybe you can explain it better. Please, do share. Let the light of your wizdom chase away the dark shadow that is my ignorance.

:rolleyes:

Embrace your inner Jet. Sundayjack's house. Bloodies start pouring at 10:00.

Finally, do you even know what this discussion is about? The possiblilty of the Jets beating the Steelers. So, yes the Steelers lost two games (I'll leave the rankings of each team we lost to, to you). Does that mean the Jets win? Would you put money on it? I doubt it.

The Jets couldn't stop a pass rush from a team of drunken AARP members. They're toast this weekend.

Jesters are terrible on both lines. The Steelers will dominate the lines of scrimmage and win this game easily. The Steelers struggle when a team punches them back in the mouth. They are the classic bully. Walk all over weak teams. When a good team responds to their challenge. They usually back down.

Just curious-could you guys describe the Jets' D-line? I thought I read somewhere that they're undersized to be a 3-4, but that's all I heard.

Are they undersized in ANY system? Also, does Mangini have any depth to rotate them?

The reason why I'm asking is b/c we play them next week on T-Giving, and one of our OL has an ankle sprain.

The Jets don't deserve to get any wins this season, I can't believe that anyone could be routing for them...As for the Steelers, get as good as you can so when we meet its a game and not a blow out.

Are you serious?
First of all, the Steelers have no business losing to the Jets and I cannot see that happening. Gimme a break.

Second, I don't believe the Pats will go undefeated, but I also doubt anyone is going to challenge them for first place in the AFC. So you really don't have that to worry about IMO.

I agree with you on the first part. No way in hell the Steelers lose this one.

Yeah, history backs your second point. But this team looks as good as any team that I can recall challenging that undefeated mark. I see the Steelers game as the toughest, but the Giants game probably won't be a cakewalk either. Hell, I think this Bills game will be a tough one too.

But now that Freeney is out, not really a bold prediction, but I think it's Pats/Steelers 1/2.

Jesters are terrible on both lines. The Steelers will dominate the lines of scrimmage and win this game easily. The Steelers struggle when a team punches them back in the mouth. They are the classic bully. Walk all over weak teams. When a good team responds to their challenge. They usually back down.
Please, a bully team? the steelers strategy is to be more rough,physical,violent whatever you want to call it, than their opponents. Bullying has nothing to do with it, I dont care what team you are, everybody picks on inferior teams when given the chance, otherwise you wouldn't win said games. When a team that dominates a weaker team, obviously wont be as dominating against a team that is capable of competing with them.

Did any of you actually see the Cards game? I think that was a trap game and it was STILL won on a BS re-punted TD.

Puh-leeze.

Quality teams overcome bad calls. Particularly to pathetic teams like the Cards. Try overcoming 146 penalty yards in Indy's Dome and still winning.

Did I use "IF"? There's always a reason or reasons why a team loses. I merely pointed them out. I never said they were robbed or complained about officiating, yadda, yadda. I gave what I believe were the reasons for losing those games. Bronco's - We blew it (game plan or execution). Do you think they are the better team? Obviously most do not...so, we blew it.
Cards - I think they're a better team than their record and their coaches know us. We blew it on a second PR. That was the winning score.

IF you understood how to comprehend plain English you would have seen the difference between what I said and what you think I was saying. Do me the courtesy of at least understanding what the heck you're bashing before you bash it. k?

I don't think you're following along very well. Someone mentioned the Steelers' history this year of losing to inferior teams. You then rationalized those losses. You could be totally right in everything you say, but it just doesn't matter. One was a trap game, one was poor execution by coaches and/or players. Of course! Those are two reasons why superior teams lose to inferior teams. The Steelers have shown the tendency to fall prey to that. That's totally relevant to the discussion on whether they will lose to the Jets.

Now, that said, the Jets are way worse than either of those two teams. The Jets, in fact, suck yak dong. They are a truly terrible team, so the Steelers would really have to lay down a stinker to lose. I certainly wouldn't bet on it happening. But it's possible, and I'm rooting for it to happen. A Jets win weakens them longterm (worse draft status), while a Steelers loss weakens them this year. Good news all around there!

I am rooting for the steelers. And any other team that plays the Jets, including the winless 'fins. As pretty as the fish going 0-16 is. Shula doesn't coach the fish.

Let Mangini spend the the rest of the year explaining why 7 mins of video tape is the reason the team went 1-15.

Okay, if you were a betting man (no point spread) would you put your money on the Jets then?

The Jets have already mailed in the season, right now they're playing for the Darren McFadden sweepstakes. They have packed it in.

Pitt wins this game by 3 TD's easily.

Tough call, but I just...can't...do...it.

Any given Sunday....

Are you serious?
First of all, the Steelers have no business losing to the Jets and I cannot see that happening. Gimme a break.

No doubt. There's no way the Jet's win this game. Steelers are way too strong in all 3 aspects of the game. I honestly think the Steelers will give the Patriots a better game then the Dolts.

Last edited:
No doubt. There's no way the Jet's win this game. Steelers are way too strong in all 3 aspects of the game. I honestly think the Steelers will give the Patriots a better game then the Dolts.

The Steelers are stronger on offense and defense, but their special teams have been lousy in a good deal of games this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft