PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets fans are funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how just a year ago most of you who are now bashing Samuel were praying that the Pats franchised him. Samuel is one of the top three CBs in the league. He will be missed.

I agree, but not at what it would've cost for the Patriots to keep him.

I agree, but not at what it would've cost for the Patriots to keep him.

I can't disagree with you there. The only thing I'm saying is that we worshipped him when he was making plays with us. Now that he's gone, typical Patriots fans that we are, we're saying that he was never any good and are going out of our way to point out the bad things he did instead of the positives. I guess we're I'm going with this is that there are some people on this forum that are complete hypocrites.

Samuel is yet another example of Patriots management knowing full well they found a jewel in the draft (Branch and Givens also come to mind) and instead of tearing up his rookie contract with a couple of years to go and paying him what he was worth, they took a chance, gambled and lost him to free agency.

The two guys they brought it to try to replace him do not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling, especially bringing in some stiff from the Bills of all teams.

I can't disagree with you there. The only thing I'm saying is that we worshipped him when he was making plays with us. Now that he's gone, typical Patriots fans that we are, we're saying that he was never any good and are going out of our way to point out the bad things he did instead of the positives. I guess we're I'm going with this is that there are some people on this forum that are complete hypocrites.

Asante Samuel is on of the best CB's in the NFL right now based on his stats, but I don't think there is a CB in the NFL right now that is worthy of that type of money. There are a few safeties like, Bob Sanders and Ed Reed, but the dollars that Samuel got from Philly is crazy. If Asante had made that clinching INT in the Superbowl then I would've been alright with the Pats paying him near that level. The fact that he dropped it told me all I need to know about his value. The guys that Belichick has brought in are definitely a step down, but at least they're adding depth. If the Pats somehow, whether a trade or in the draft, are able to get younger and/or quicker with a LB or two and improve the pass-rush then the backfield will be alright. BB seems to take chances on guys that are considered a wash and will cash in 50% of the time. Considering the past fews years haven't been productive for him and some of the guys he's brought in, you have to think that the Pats are due for a "no-name" or "washed-up" player to step up.

Re: the jets fans are funny.

why the hate for Asante because he dropped a interception? He was the best corner back in your secondary! You now have Jason Webster and let me tell you fans your going to ask for Asante back right away!

Samuel is yet another example of Patriots management knowing full well they found a jewel in the draft (Branch and Givens also come to mind) and instead of tearing up his rookie contract with a couple of years to go and paying him what he was worth, they took a chance, gambled and lost him to free agency.

So, how are those guys doing since they left New England?

Asante Samuel is on of the best CB's in the NFL right now based on his stats, but I don't think there is a CB in the NFL right now that is worthy of that type of money. There are a few safeties like, Bob Sanders and Ed Reed, but the dollars that Samuel got from Philly is crazy. If Asante had made that clinching INT in the Superbowl then I would've been alright with the Pats paying him near that level. The fact that he dropped it told me all I need to know about his value. The guys that Belichick has brought in are definitely a step down, but at least they're adding depth. If the Pats somehow, whether a trade or in the draft, are able to get younger and/or quicker with a LB or two and improve the pass-rush then the backfield will be alright. BB seems to take chances on guys that are considered a wash and will cash in 50% of the time. Considering the past fews years haven't been productive for him and some of the guys he's brought in, you have to think that the Pats are due for a "no-name" or "washed-up" player to step up.

I think your right about overpaying some of the cornerbacks in the league. In my eyes Asante Samuel and Nate Clements are over payed. Yes they are good but are they really worth that kind of money?

"You're telling me your not going to miss him at all? That as of right now you don't have a void in your secondary? Good CBs don't grow on trees."

If anyone should know that, it's you; take a look in the mirror at the two stiffs you've got in Buffalo.

Thanks a million for signing up here, you are one amusing ballbag, you really are, a true tool to the max. Guys like you kill me; sign up on another fan forum for no other reason that to be a totally annoying ballbreaker.

You bring absolutely, positively NOTHING to any discussion you join; keep up the mediocre work.

Is that you on YouTube; you know, the ****** drunken Bills fan? I'm betting the house it is................

All he brought up was that you lost a good corner and you go bash him. I am sorry i will stick up for my buffalo fan but i will not go bashing people for their honest opinion!

Listen flutiemagic, I know you're new here and all of what, 15 years old, but I'd suggest taking the advice you were given in another thread and read all the posts before jumping in, ok?

Listen flutiemagic, I know you're new here and all of what, 15 years old, but I'd suggest taking the advice you were given in another thread and read all the posts before jumping in, ok?

I definately read all the post and im not jumping in bashing you guys but Asante Samuel was a key to your secondary and I am sure you will miss him just like we missed Nate Clements! Not to mention im 26 years old

Last edited:

You're telling me your not going to miss him at all? That as of right now you don't have a void in your secondary? Good CBs don't grow on trees.

After the "re-emphasis" CB has been overrated unless one has "name" where they don't call ticky-tack fouls. (I.E. It must've been OK because Champ Bailey is good.)

Maybe Samuel is about to become a "name." Maybe not. I'd rather pay for a pass rusher than one CB. (Yes, with the salary cap it is either/or.)

You can hide mediocre CBs with a good pass rush. See the Giants. For the reverse, see Denver.

Name me one player the Pats let go in their prime who was top ten and arguably top five at their position? They let go an aging Willie McGinest, aging Ty Law, aging Lawyer Milloy, Deion Branch who was fragile and never caught for 1,000 yds w/ Brady. Unless Im forgetting someone none of those players compare to Samuel right now when they left the pats

Seattle thought Brach was Golden. Buffalo thought Milloy and Bledsoe were golden. Detriot thought, who was it, Woody, was golden. Indy though AV was golden. Your point?

Last edited:

I wont miss him, thats for dam sure. good cbs make game ending INTs durring the biggest game of their life.

Damn straight on that!!!

All he brought up was that you lost a good corner and you go bash him. I am sorry i will stick up for my buffalo fan but i will not go bashing people for their honest opinion!

Do you need info on the ignore option or are you enjoying this?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe