PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jet Fan Twitter source: Pats to shop Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Patriots seriously need to upgrade at WR, but I'm not sure Moss would have provided much this season, nor do I believe he would have made a significant difference against the Jets.

All anyone has to do to see the "difference" Moss would have made is look at his production after he left, granted he wasn't playing with Brady anymore but that doesn't explain why teams wouldn't even target him. Moss is done and the Patriots would have been far worse off keeping him than they were getting rid of him when they did. great move by Belichik, Viking fans are still screaming about it.

Once again, why the hell is this still on the front page?

Because every forum has idiot fans. I'm sure there are some Indy fans who want Ryan Mallett over Peyton manning and some Jet fan wants to trade Mangold for a late second they can use on a center they really like. And as much as i like the draft there is always a contingent of draftniks who believe that college prospects they like are better than proven Pro Bowl players who they want to ship for picks. This Welker discussion is such an example, the truth is that AJ green and Julio Jones could easily become the next Charles Rogers and Mike Williams, and claiming they are better than a great NFL player like Welker is simply ridiculous.

Last edited:
my quote: "Scoring went down .5 ppg once Moss left, and that's despite Brady playing much better after the Cleveland game."

I'm not wrong, and I'm not going to get into this very much with you. The Patriots scored

= 131

131/4= 32.75

Basic math

That's misleading though, considering the "with Moss" team had 5 non-offensive TDs.

my quote: "Scoring went down .5 ppg once Moss left, and that's despite Brady playing much better after the Cleveland game."

I'm not wrong, and I'm not going to get into this very much with you. The Patriots scored

= 131

131/4= 32.75

Basic math

Your numbers are off.

The 38 scored vs Buffalo: Guyton returned an INT for a TD, Tate returned a KO for a TD. Moss or Brady werent even on the field for 14 of those points.

The 41 scored vs Miami: Tate returned a KO for a TD, Arrington blocked a FG for a TD and Chung returned a INT for TD. Brady and Moss were watching from the sidelines for 21 of that 41.

Its just common sense that those points do not count towards offensive production. You wont find them in Bradys stats.

The facts are that the Pats offense improved after Moss left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft