PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerry Hughes may be available

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Joseph Addai and Bob Sanders were two of the most important players on the Colts during their 2006 Super Bowl run, so even though both struggled to stay healthy or effective at times I'd say they were great picks.

True. So they basically traded two first round picks for one Super Bowl. Not a bad trade, unless Peyton is your QB.

True. So they basically traded two first round picks for one Super Bowl. Not a bad trade, unless Peyton is your QB.

Well, if not for them Peyton would have 0 rings and he'd be Dan Marino 2.0 at this point so yeah I think Bill Polian would gladly draft Addai and Sanders over and over again.

Well, if not for them Peyton would have 0 rings and he'd be Dan Marino 2.0 at this point so yeah I think Bill Polian would gladly draft Addai and Sanders over and over again.
I agree. I think if in 2005, after we dismantled the Colts in the playoffs in 03 an 04, if you told Polian you would guarantee him 1 SB win and no more or let him take his chances he would have jumped all over that offer.

Although he may have bargained for a few AFCC Game Participant Banners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this interesting bit of info on Stampede Blue (Colt's SB Nation Blog):

2011 NFL Roster Cuts: Colts Reportedly Will Cut Ricardo Mathews, Donald Brown And Jerry Hughes On The Bubble - Stampede Blue
Should he be released and clear waivers, I would be on board for signing him to the 53 in place of Eric Moore or Mark Anderson. The guy has talent, but it seems as though Indy's scheme does not showcase his abilities (which seems VERY weird considering he looks and plays like a Mini Dwight Freeney). In any case, more pie in Polian's face!!!:singing:
Just because he was cut by a team which has rarely beaten us when it counts, means we should sign him? If he can play safety, call me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe