PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Van Gundy trashes Wells Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was awesome.

He said "more probably that not" means "WE DON'T KNOW"

and then called out how they call an independent investigation when they work for the NFL.

It's all a joke.

1/2 x 1/2 = 1/4

No one is mentioning the SECOND equivocation of that sentence:

"He was more probably than not AT LEAST GENERALLY AWARE....."

"At least generally aware" is also an equivocation. What the hell does that mean?????

Wells could just as well written "it was kind of sort of at least a near miss......"

When is this going to be available on youtube?

2rorl9t.jpg

"Whooooa Gundy!"

Last edited:
Because everyone is so curious I will have to rewind my DVR to transcribe for everyone. Sit tight...

You are the man!!!

Pleeezz, with today's technology, can someone capture a clip and youtube it? I want to download it pronto before they get a chance to kill it [which I'm sure they will].

Because everyone is so curious I will have to rewind my DVR to transcribe for everyone. Sit tight...
Record it on your phone and upload to youtube? :)

(Setting the scene... They were looking at a foul of some kind on reply trying to figure it out, someone says "this is almost like the NFL, more probable than not..." Uh oh you poked the bear!!)

Jeff Van Gundy: "Don't even get me started on that!! That whole report should have been brought to 'we don't know', 'we don't know'... 'More probable than not', what kind of garbage language is that to assassinate a guy's character?! Oh my goodness..."
--other announcer laughs slightly and tries to get back to basketball, says "well, the call is-", oh sh*t JVG ain't done yet!--
Jeff: "and then they work for the league! They work for the league! They're paid by the league, and then they say it's an 'independent investigation'! My goodness..."
--a joke is made by someone else saying "Mark Jackson I blame you", clearly someone told Jeff to shut up at this point because the talk shifted back to basketball here.

So yeah, go Van Gundy!

Wish it had any effect. His voice is not very powerful enough to be heard.Some respected NFL player/coach/owner needs to say this.
Unfortunately the pats have over the last 15 yrs beaten the crap out of every team for them to say anything favorable about the patriots.
Every voice counts considering where we stood right after the release of the Wells Report. I'm not saying the tide of public opinion is changing at all but as the days go on we will hear from some of the cooler heads instead of knee jerk reactions.

Many Pats players and ex players, AJ Smith (ex Chargers GM), Kaepernick, Van Gundy have all publically supported Tom in one way or another. I'm sure there are multiple who have said this is way overblown and more who will speak up as we move along. I have two close friends (one lives in Colorado, one in NH) who are Broncos and Dolphins fans respectively. They hate the Pats but both have acknowledged this whole thing is a complete joke caring about PSI.

It's bad news right at the moment but I have to think there are plenty of intelligent people out there who will speak up about the absurdity of this. Leave the wild knee jerk reactions for the people who have wanted us to be guilty all along.

I would take Adam Silver over Goodell right now .

Can you download those Vine things? [that's what it is, right?]

Every voice counts considering where we stood right after the release of the Wells Report. I'm not saying the tide of public opinion is changing at all but as the days go on we will hear from some of the cooler heads instead of knee jerk reactions.

Many Pats players and ex players, AJ Green (ex Chargers GM), Kaepernick, Van Gundy have all publically supported Tom in one way or another. I'm sure there are multiple who have said this is way overblown and more who will speak up as we move along. I have two close friends (one lives in Colorado, one in NH) who are Broncos and Dolphins fans respectively. They hate the Pats but both have acknowledged this whole thing is a complete joke caring about PSI.

It's bad news right at the moment but I have to think there are plenty of intelligent people out there who will speak up about the absurdity of this. Leave the wild knee jerk reactions for the people who have wanted us to be guilty all along.
A.J. Smith you mean, I think.

I also recorded it on my iPhone just in case :)

Whoa, 15 Alerts up top... That's the most I've ever had at once!! You guys must really like me.

It's a true "Emperor has no clothes" moment. This whole thing is absurd. Why are the people running football trying to wreck football? That was as good a season and a Super Bowl as ever [well, maybe not as competitive a season. The cream is really rising to the top with the Broncos fade].

JVG is the man. Missed the rant because the volume was down at the time but man does he tell it like it is. Hope nobody steals JVG from the boothe.

@AdamSchefter: ESPNs Jeff Van Gundy on Wells' Report: "What kind of garbage language is that to assail a guy's character." (So he agrees with Tedy Bruschi)

Anyone watching the Cavs vs Bulls game? Gundy went on an epic rant against the Wells Report in front of millions of people. ESPN must be pissed. :D

Regardless of what one's feelings are about Van Gundy, his comment is absolutely 100% correct.

Why something so obvious could be so largely dismissed is, even for the simpleminded, inexplicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST