PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe on Chandler Jones' 2013 start

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have high hopes for Michael Buchanon and Chris Jones. I think they can team up with Chandler Jones and make for a very good pass rush. I think Buchanon just needs to get stronger, Chris Jones just needs to keep improving, his strength is fine, and he's producing at a good pace already.

Buchanan is best used at this point as an edge rusher against immobile quarterbacks, like Manning or Flacco. He takes wide angles and can produce strip sacks. He has a lot of trouble setting the edge against more mobile quarterbacks, though, as we saw on Geno Smith's first down run this past Sunday.

Jones-Kelly-Jones-Ninkovich

That may be a front that is susceptible to the run, but that will be a great pass rushing group by the end of the year.

Arthur Jones is a FA this year. We could have Jones, Jones and Jones on the DL.

Arthur Jones is a FA this year. We could have Jones, Jones and Jones on the DL.

Convo's between who has who on the OL:

"Who's got Jones?"
"I've got him!"
"What? I've got Jones!"
"Uh, Jones is lined up infront of me.."

I'm super glad we picked Jones. He will just get better and better and the season goes on. :D

They declared Brees as a runner, since he had stopped attempting to make a pass (tucked the ball) and began running.

I wish he got credit for a sack from a statistical standpoint, but it is just a plain tackle.

I don't think that's fair how they did that. Drew Brees clearly looks at the single receiver running a route after he performs his bootleg. And when he sees he's covered he starts to run again and tries to avoid Chandler Jones. To me that's like a QB that realizes all routes are covered and runs for it. QB's who have taken a loss on that were credited to be sacked.

I know they probably ran that route to clear the cornerback away from the edge but a passing play is a passing play and I think they should give him the sack.

They declared Brees as a runner, since he had stopped attempting to make a pass (tucked the ball) and began running.

I wish he got credit for a sack from a statistical standpoint, but it is just a plain tackle.

Its not "just a plain tackle"... It's a TFL.

That was a sack, Brees stopped to look just before he got hit then ran away.

Just wait until the refs recognize him as a super star. The holding will be reduced once the lineman start getting flagged more.

I don't understand the comparison between Watt and Jones? Watt a 3-4de/4-3dt, Jones is a 3-4olb/4-3de...2 complete different players. Jones is more comparable, to Aldon Smith or Demarcus Ware. With that, Watt a ****** beast and the premier Dlinemen in the game. Any team, and that includes the Patriots would be lucky to have him. Every team dreams off having a player like that wreaking havoc from the inside.

Back to Jones. He's easily just as important to this defense as Talib is. This kid going to be special, if he's not already! Just a beast.

Just wait until the refs recognize him as a super star. The holding will be reduced once the lineman start getting flagged more.

and he will start to get double teamed on every play.

Look at JPP when he was finally recognized as a star.

I don't understand the comparison between Watt and Jones? Watt a 3-4de/4-3dt, Jones is a 3-4olb/4-3de...2 complete different players. Jones is more comparable, to Aldon Smith or Demarcus Ware. With that, Watt a ****** beast and the premier Dlinemen in the game. Any team, and that includes the Patriots would be lucky to have him. Every team dreams off having a player like that wreaking havoc from the inside.

Back to Jones. He's easily just as important to this defense as Talib is. This kid going to be special, if he's not already! Just a beast.

JJ Watt also had one of the best seasons for a DLineman EVER in 2012.

While Chandler is becoming a great player, lets not get ahead of ourselves. No one has done what Watt did last year, and no one will probably do that for a long long time.

and he will start to get double teamed on every play.

Look at JPP when he was finally recognized as a star.

JPP also has had the same, or similar, back injury as Rob Gronkowski and admittedly is only around 75% to this point.

He played through it all of last season and has yet to be fully healthy this year. He's still among the top of all DE's in QB hurries and is one of the best DL in the NFL against the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes