PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Feely discusses court appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Bob Kraft finally understands the ramifications of his incomprehensible decision back in May. I know he knows it was a mistake, but what he did could affect the Pats for decades. Right now he is the best case for every hater out there. He needs to know that.

Really disappointing because my wife & I had met Bob & Myra many times at Smithfield. Really nice people. Defended Bob for years against the haters who wanted to keep him from building a stadium in Boston and those irrationally calling him cheap. Thought well of the family.

Was pissed at his blandness in Spygate but forgave him as a new owner and besides BB was guilty of arrogance in assuming he'd found a loophole. Everyone screws the pooch on occasion.

But now with this latest fiasco AFTER having fulminated before the SB demanding an apology, he suddenly turtles under the first encounter with the opposition.

I'm not buying his latest bloviation right before training camp just so he could dodge boos from irate Pats fans. I'm still wicked pissed.

Really disappointing because my wife & I had met Bob & Myra many times at Smithfield. Really nice people. Defended Bob for years against the haters who wanted to keep him from building a stadium in Boston and those irrationally calling him cheap. Thought well of the family.

Was pissed at his blandness in Spygate but forgave him as a new owner and besides BB was guilty of arrogance in assuming he'd found a loophole. Everyone screws the pooch on occasion.

But now with this latest fiasco AFTER having fulminated before the SB demanding an apology, he suddenly turtles under the first encounter with the opposition.

I'm not buying his latest bloviation right before training camp just so he could dodge boos from irate Pats fans. I'm still wicked pissed.
I can't blame you, PWP. It is what it is, and he can't change it. Like someone said, he blew his chance to be sitting beside his QB yesterday when he accepted the penalty, and he irrevocably damaged his legacy of his ownership. Some think he's damaged beyond hope, Other's are more forgiving. But ALL would agree it's hard to look at him and his legacy in the same way. It's a shame. He's done some spectacular things of the last 20 years.

He implied that he didn't talk unless spoken to. Sounds like the judge dictated the conversation and was interested in the Jets K ball situation. Feeley stated that they discussed similarities and differences in the case but the fact remained that Feeley was not investigated and the ball attendant was suspended
I thought the appeal decision was to be judged solely on existing evidence. Doesn't Feeley's testimony constitute new evidence? And couldn't that be grounds for reversal?

I thought the appeal decision was to be judged solely on existing evidence. Doesn't Feeley's testimony constitute new evidence? And couldn't that be grounds for reversal?

No. It's in the initial counter-filing by the NFLPA, not to mention in the NFL appeals kangaroo court hearing.

Geez, I don't know. Is it new evidence? The K Ball incident is listed in one of Kessler's filings and Feely was there as a member NFL Players Association’s Executive Committee.

Nevermind: I just saw Tommy's post.:)

Great to know the incident is in front of Berman. It shows the NFL to be arbitrary, capricious and even malicious. If only this information was more widely broadcast, unfortunately it will be throttled by ESPN and NFL, the channels with 90% of the sporting audience's eyes and ears.

Maybe Steph Stradley can get it in front of McNair, with an explanation of course.

Maybe Steph Stradley can get it in front of McNair, with an explanation of course.

Should be pretty easy. Just find his gravestone and get in front of it.

And the plot thickens.. at this point I will be extremely shocked/confused if Berman doesn't vacate. In fact, I expect him to vacate on multiple grounds.

Great to know the incident is in front of Berman. It shows the NFL to be arbitrary, capricious and even malicious. If only this information was more widely broadcast, unfortunately it will be throttled by ESPN and NFL, the channels with 90% of the sporting audience's eyes and ears.

I feel like this may have been very helpful to Brady's case. Just wanted to also point out that in addition to being a former Jet, Jay Feely is also a former Michigan Wolverine. His Michigan teammate, good friend, QB and placeholder plays for the Patriots, though he doesn't wear #10 anymore.

nwdn6.jpg

msdn19.jpg

I didn't see too many in the media pick that connection up, although PFT and Florio did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back