PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White MVP Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crononaut

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Guess I should preface this with the fact that I'm well inebriated and also give Brady tremendous props for what he did in the fourth quarter on.

But for my eye, James White was the best Patriot player out there tonight. When the entire offense was struggling, seemed like him and Marty B were the only things consitstent. He only approved on that by getting numerous drive extending plays, multiple td's (including the gamewinner) and a pivotal 2 point conversion!

Just interested what everyone else's take is on his vs the goat

I generally don't like when a QB wins MVP after throwing 2 TD to 1 INT but the way Brady moved the offense in the 4th earned it fair and square, despite White having a monster game (and surprisingly performing okay as a rusher).

Maybe if he had more rushing yards he would have won or even one big run.

Guess I should preface this with the fact that I'm well inebriated and also give Brady tremendous props for what he did in the fourth quarter on.

But for my eye, James White was the best Patriot player out there tonight. When the entire offense was struggling, seemed like him and Marty B were the only things consitstent. He only approved on that by getting numerous drive extending plays, multiple td's (including the gamewinner) and a pivotal 2 point conversion!

Just interested what everyone else's take is on his vs the goat

Setting a record for passes attempted, passes completed and passing yardage in a game like this gets you the MVP every time. And it should.

Immediately after the game I was wondering who would be named MVP, White or Brady.
Before the turnaround the entire team seemed to be struggling in mud. Several drops, poor blocking, Brady getting pummeled & making some uncharacteristic poor throws.
White seemed to be the most tuned in Patriot, at that point in the game the most dependable receiver that helped turn the momentum to the Pats.
But...I think Brady got that look in his eyes & fire in his shorts that ignited the entire team. Down two scores (16 points isn't two scores I said)I believed they COULD win & maybe...
White had the game of his life but Brady deserved the MVP.

Thanks all for the responses, I agree that after Pats went down 25 points halfway through the 3rd qtr Brady was an absolute beast, only thinking for White was that as grandpajim was saying he was the only Pats player prior to that point that was consistent, and then was also clutch down the stretch. Don't get me wrong, so happy with Brady's performance down the stretch given how I thought he performed the first half, just thought holistically White played a hell of a game. But anything that cements Brady as the GOAT is good in my books!!!!

I am drunk...

....James white

tumblr_inline_nshnimJM8j1qib16l_500.gif

I think white deserved the mvp. He was even more amazing than vereen was two years ago.

White wins MVP in just about any other SB but he was playing with the GOAT tonight.

Brady broke completion and yards record and drove the offense down the field and had the best 4th quarter is super bowl history (beating the previous best... him from super bowl 49). White did great and I hope he gets the Butler treatment and gets Brady's car.

Tom Brady may have played the greatest game ever by a QB when you take into account the stakes and the pressure of what he had to do

Appreciate the analysis as always. Fair ponts and I can't wait to watch it in a more isoleted environment.

White set the record for most points by a player in a SB

Before tonight 4 guys were tied with 18

Roger Craig, San Francisco vs. Miami, XIX (3-td)
Jerry Rice, San Francisco vs. Denver, XXIV (3-td); vs. San Diego, XXIX (3-td)
Ricky Watters, San Francisco vs. San Diego, XXIX (3-td)
Terrell Davis, Denver vs. Green Bay, XXXII (3-td)

White had 20.

Might have gotten it under any other circumstances but Greatest Come Back In Super Bowl History and in first OT by Tom Brady is a pretty tough call.

White was awesome. Tom did something that, for a second, I doubted even Tom could do. It was amazing the windows he was throwing into.

If James White was playing with any other QB....well, he isn't playing in the SB, is he? He had a great game. Co-MVP.

White was awesome. Tom did something that, for a second, I doubted even Tom could do. It was amazing the windows he was throwing into.

Game started out like Murphy's Law. It was a wierd game at first and I know Falcons came out all fired up but its like we didn't match their intensity, playing UnPatriot'like but I never doubted them. There was no way we were going to get blown out. It was just a matter of time and more times than not going into half time then comin out for second half are like 2 different games in one. Brady got in his groove, everyone played on a different level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes